Monday 1day to JB

sellun

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm planning to go JB on the upcoming Monday with wife by public transport.
Please recommend me where to go.

Prefer somewhere very safe & easy like 1 bus straight as wife is pregnant (30weeks already). No grab/uber/cab involve.

I'm thinking either just Citysquare or Bukit Indah.
Personally I like shopping at supermarket but think my wife will be bored at Bukit Indah?

Any advice?

Sent from MiMax using GAGT

danielkok

Reaction score
What you plan to do there? If so pregnant, and dun want to take uber/grab/taxi, then just take a train/bus to JB Sentral. Then walk across to JB City Square. Kaotim. Walk around, have lunch at Dragon-i, maybe watch a movie. Walk until shiok, then come back to Singapore.

sellun

Reaction score
What you plan to do there? If so pregnant, and dun want to take uber/grab/taxi, then just take a train/bus to JB Sentral. Then walk across to JB City Square. Kaotim. Walk around, have lunch at Dragon-i, maybe watch a movie. Walk until shiok, then come back to Singapore.
I'm more interested in supermarket, I think my wife just wanna eat and shop.. Citysquare has cinema right?

FreshGradDays

Reaction score
KSL will suit you more. Got cinema, many restaurants and tesco supermarket. Just take RM 1.50 bus IM17 or S1 from JB Sentral bus terminal

danielkok

Reaction score
KSL will suit you more. Got cinema, many restaurants and tesco supermarket. Just take RM 1.50 bus IM17 or S1 from JB Sentral bus terminal

Problem is TS doesn't wanna take uber/grab/taxi. Wife is 30 months preggers, better don't take bus lah. So, taking into account their considerations I suggested City Square Mall lor.

sellun

Reaction score
Problem is TS doesn't wanna take uber/grab/taxi. Wife is 30 months preggers, better don't take bus lah. So, taking into account their considerations I suggested City Square Mall lor.
30 weeks not month.
Heard horror stories about Uber/grab in Msia leh... Scared.
I may just go Citysquare. Thanks for the advice

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'd go with KSL being the preferred destination over City Square, if you don't mind the travelling.

30 weeks not month.
Heard horror stories about Uber/grab in Msia leh... Scared.
I may just go Citysquare. Thanks for the advice
I've read so many negative stories of Uber/Grab here, that I've only been using Grab in Malaysia, namely Melaka and JB. All trips went reasonably well, many were very friendly.

I've never used Uber/Grab here in SG, just don't feel comfortable about it. =:p

However, however, however, I don't recommend the combo of Preggy Wifey + Monday + KSL/City Square + Public Transport, unless you can deal with the stress coming from the crowd. KSL pasar malam day is never a good day of the week to visit unless you're joining that crowd.

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bring an empty suitcase take train to JB and back, you can buy all you want to fill the suitcase from the Kapitan supermarket in JBCC next to City Sq, no need to scare this scare that, easy beezy :vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

danielkok

Reaction score
Oops! 30 weeks, not 30 months hahahah!

I've used Grab/Uber in Malaysia many times. In Penang, KL, Melaka, Kuching. No issues so far. My friends in KL use Grab and Uber all the time too. In fact, one guy sold off his Type-R so now using Uber everywhere.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Go City Square Mall followed by KSL ba.

I would suggest you shopping in city square followed by supermarket and pasar malam in KSL. There's a pasar malam every Monday outside KSL. After that you can take a bus back from there.

If scare too tired, book a hotel and stay overnite. A nice boutique hotel cost around SGD50+/- only.

By the way, why you still want to go Malaysia, your wife is 30 weeks, meaning 7.5 months? The stomach quite big already leh. Later anything happen very troublesome especially in Malaysia.

Want a short vacation just go Sentosa. You may consider Costa Sand Resort Sentosa if on budget.

andy1982

Reaction score
My advise is also don't go...

If u want to go.... Spend the money and get a private car to and fro. Seriously... It's not worth the risk.

But if u really want to....

just go a few hours in the late morning till the afternoon. Just go first link and shop at city sq and komtar, or 2nd link at walk at aeon. 2nd link IMO is better since less walking. I don't like the way u need to walk a very long route at first link customs.

I agree with Dleo... Get a decent hotel and spend a night. Less stressful and u can take breaks to rest.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.