LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 11:01 PM   #1

Not sure which coach to try or take it out?? Here are the top 5 coaches

1) Transtar first class solitare :

2) Transtar First class :

3) Transtar Premium Z Club :

4) Five Stars executive coach :

5) Grassland Royal Vip coach :

do note top 3 are transtar because none of the coaches from the competition can really matches them. the closest one would be the five stars executive coach with cocoon seats .

This is just a rough guide for people whom do not know what coaches to take or try it out.

Do take not also that the transtar first class solitare is the most expensive as compared to others. Due to food serve on board , 100+ movies on demand , and only 16 seats , so is the first class coaches.
And transtar coaches also scores top ( in my opinion ) because their coaches have cocoon seats , which allows almost allows the whole seats to go down like a bed without disturbing people behind due to the design .
Both First class solitare and First class boasts a 10-inch LCD monitor.

Five stars Executive coach comes in 4th , which isn't bad .
That coach do comes with cocoon seat also , but the AVOD ( AUDIO VIDEO ON DEMAND ) loses out to Transtar AVOD . Not as much as transtar 100+ movies and music videos. but Five stars executive coaches is much cheaper than the first class coaches from transtar, Both coaches have almost the same features except the AVOD and Food serves on board . Both do come with coach attendant too.

Last edited by lonely5; 05-07-2010 at 11:19 PM..
lonely5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

What about the top speed? Those that can hit higher top speed can shorten the travel duration
Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #3

for top speed, Konsortium buses always travel very fast.. my own experience..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:22 AM   #4

transtar premium i felt not nice.. just took it this afternoon from KL to SG. very stuffy. altho got fancy stuff like massage function and entertainment.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #5

transtar premium i felt not nice.. just took it this afternoon from KL to SG. very stuffy. altho got fancy stuff like massage function and entertainment.
do not mix up the transtar premium z club with the Transtar Premium coaches.
they are 2 different coaches
i think u meant the premium coaches not the premium z club coaches right?
becos the Z Club coaches comes with Cocoon seats like those found in the first class solitare coaches.
And it ain't stuffy at all
Old 12-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #6

do not mix up the transtar premium z club with the Transtar Premium coaches.
they are 2 different coaches
i think u meant the premium coaches not the premium z club coaches right?
becos the Z Club coaches comes with Cocoon seats like those found in the first class solitare coaches.
And it ain't stuffy at all
oo.. ya bro.. my bad... not z club.. mine is no club. lol
Old 14-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #7

But how come Z Club is cheaper than Premium when I check online?

Another question, the bus will stop at Pasar Rakyat Terminal; will it be difficult to get out of there and is the Terminal safe?
Old 14-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #8

But how come Z Club is cheaper than Premium when I check online?

Another question, the bus will stop at Pasar Rakyat Terminal; will it be difficult to get out of there and is the Terminal safe?
You can actually walk to bukit bintang from the terminal, ~15-20min walk. Its a big open space with a passenger terminal. transtar has a sitting lounge there (took their coach there before several years ago). There is also a malay food court, not very big and shop selling local products. In fact, you can see Time Sqaure from the terminal. Safe? I can't really answer you that question. When Dr M opened that terminal for operation, it was claimed to be so and so agencies operating there. However, many in actual fact, many are reluctant to move away from Pudu. When I was there, only few agencies were open for business.

There is a taxi booth there too, not by meter but by couple. It won't be cheap as I had learned. 1st time there, didn't know where is KL Plaza. Took the taxi and pay RM7 (mislead by the map I found online, seems far away). Bu later I found out I can actually walk from the terminal and the journey, very short depending on traffic condition. I know because its so eaily to direct the taxi there... but the driver took some other route to reach. On my way back, just merely took less than 10 min going a round BB towards TS and then into the the big open spare where the terminal is located

Last edited by bbmars1128; 14-07-2010 at 09:51 PM..
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

can you list the price for each of the coach you recommended?
Old 15-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #10

You can actually walk to bukit bintang from the terminal, ~15-20min walk.

There is a taxi booth there too, not by meter but by couple. It won't be cheap as I had learned. 1st time there, didn't know where is KL Plaza. Took the taxi and pay RM7 (mislead by the map I found online, seems far away). Bu later I found out I can actually walk from the terminal and the journey, very short depending on traffic condition. I know because its so eaily to direct the taxi there... but the driver took some other route to reach. On my way back, just merely took less than 10 min going a round BB towards TS and then into the the big open spare where the terminal is located
Ok thanks, but I think with luggage and all that, it is troublesome to walk. I guess taxi is still ok, but by couple means what?
Old 16-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #11

Ok thanks, but I think with luggage and all that, it is troublesome to walk. I guess taxi is still ok, but by couple means what?
Oh so sorry, I mean coupon system. Pay at counter and give the coupon to the driver.
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #12

Oh so sorry, I mean coupon system. Pay at counter and give the coupon to the driver.
Oh, coupon still ok la~ seems cheaper than KLIA coupon.
Old 15-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #13

can you list the price for each of the coach you recommended?
will update soon
Old 15-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #14

I found out actually that taking a plane is as cheap as taking the coach lor. Haha. Total from SG to KL and KL back to SG is less than $90 =.=
luminicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #15

is this bus also going to penang(butterworth) ?
reflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.