Question about Malacca

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
been to jonker a few times. nothing much except crowd. lolol. i tried teochew porridge buffet at bayview hotel early this year. not sure if they still have it. very reasonable given the variety, ie 40 over times to order from the menu. the quality is not bad also.
rm26 for adults... best part was senior citizens pay only half the price. i think it was rm14 or something. very reasonable.

i like those satay at hawker centers. i think can still find rm0.60 per stick. chicken pork daging... the peanut gravy is very shiok too.

I had the peranakan food, Tong Sheng, Dragon-i, Porridge house. :o Spent around 500 dollar on food and drinks. :o

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had the peranakan food, Tong Sheng, Dragon-i, Porridge house. :o Spent around 500 dollar on food and drinks. :o

dragon i is a chain if i rem correctly. the food is pretty good, xiao long bao la mian crabs....
if u r in that area again, can also try bei zhan. more variety and quality food. its near jln laksamana.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From Bei Zhan, can consider going across the road to try the Klang Bak Kut Teh :)

koolaid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
500sgd.:o ate bei Zhang yesterday before drive back.:o drink inclusive.:o I also need to pump petrol.:o we also went to suterall mall before crossing to Singapore.:o

o ok... must be makan all the ho liao... nice. petrol should be less than rm200?

last year, one of my buddy ask me to bring them on a makan trip and cover a few places includimg melaka. 4D3N. started from JB to b pahat to muar (1N) to melaka (2N) to kluang to jb. mostly makan and little shopping or sight seeing. thats what they wanted.

from batu pahat to melaka, we took the small roads. quite nice drive. can find those roadside stalls selling fruits like duku and durians and what not. remembered they feasted on so many durians (iirc 2 gunnysacks full of empty durian husks) for less than rm150. following day, her hubby said got a bit of sore throat. lol.

Broadwalk

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
o ok... must be makan all the ho liao... nice. petrol should be less than rm200?

last year, one of my buddy ask me to bring them on a makan trip and cover a few places includimg melaka. 4D3N. started from JB to b pahat to muar (1N) to melaka (2N) to kluang to jb. mostly makan and little shopping or sight seeing. thats what they wanted.

from batu pahat to melaka, we took the small roads. quite nice drive. can find those roadside stalls selling fruits like duku and durians and what not. remembered they feasted on so many durians (iirc 2 gunnysacks full of empty durian husks) for less than rm150. following day, her hubby said got a bit of sore throat. lol.

Good idea.:o next trio I will explore the small road.:o can evade the toll?:o any nice place in Batu pahat?:o I am planning to drive to Ipoh, Penang and to hai Yat.:o very free after retrenchment.:o want to go out with parents.:o

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was in Batu Pahat (1st time) on a day-trip last month. Was pretty impressed with a temple 三春青天宫大伯公庙, where there's a 八仙过海 on a dragon. Nice place for a stopover, though I wasn't there to pray. Short stroll round the place and ended up in the shop buying a pack of citronella balm from Penang. :D

(Chinese words copy-paste from Google, or you can try to google 青天宮大伯公.)

Big Batu Pahat Mall is short distance away, if you need some aircon. :D

AngeLx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now is it worth to stay at Makota parade hotel? Haven't been to Malacca for a while. What are the recommended hotels nowadays? Thanks.

tjiax1

Reaction score
Hatten Hotel or Estadia Hotel. Anyone use before grab app in malacca? Do you need a my/sg phone line to use grab( in case they called) or just use internet(using pocket WiFi device) only?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hatten Hotel or Estadia Hotel. Anyone use before grab app in malacca? Do you need a my/sg phone line to use grab( in case they called) or just use internet(using pocket WiFi device) only?

Some said no need if you input your exact location in the Notes section while doing your booking, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If you want to pick up a prepaid SIM card while you're there, Maxis Center is in Mahkota Parade Mall, very near those 2 hotels. More than enough free data even for a week's stay, for just RM10.

orangemonkey88

Reaction score
Hi guys, what are you favourite must eat food if you drive? Planning a trip soon and thinking of making reservations because they queues were horrendous the last few trips I made and alot of places were fully booked. nonya chang also cannot buy without reservations.

Peranakan: I have tried kocik and ole sayang and it was ok. I enjoyed nonya Makko much more. How does indah sayang or Amy's compare???

I really like Aunty Koh's cendol in bukit rumbai. too bad she's only open for such a short period and sells out so fast. will check out michelle's nonya chang nearby next trip. I enjoy east west rendevouz nonya chang the best so far. baba charlie and mei xin one is so so only.

Sun may hiong satay is also good! i havent tried satay celup so far because my friends are always concern about hygiene when we have to share the sauce.

Tong Sheng cheese beehoon is another must on my list.
Not a big fan of all the chicken rice so far, not any better than sg one i feel, only the novelty of the rice balls.

Any other nonya kueh or other good recommendations? I dont mind making trips further out.

cc2mss5

Reaction score
agree. best if u drive. can go to more places to makan. eat what the locals eat there. nicer food and much lower in prices.

eg chicken rice balls. drive to batu beremdam makan. u pay much less for a slightly better quality chicken with other dishes compared with eating it at jonker or palawan area. no kidding. shiokadooooo

bro, any shops to recommend at batu beremdam to try the chicken rice ball?

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Now is it worth to stay at Makota parade hotel? Haven't been to Malacca for a while. What are the recommended hotels nowadays? Thanks.

I heard rooms are not very good with yellowish water from tap. Very difficult to cross the road. Have to cross the expressway. These are what I heard.

You can stay at Hatten (wifi not strong), Equatorial, Novotel, The straits hotel and etc.

For budget, you can try Fenix inn.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.