HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #151
Master Member

I guess that Satursday should be as per normal. Think just avoid long weekend will do.
Unlikely. It should appear like any other Saturday.
thanks for the advices, will try stayin Equatorial this time round as somehow its tiny bit cheaper den Holiday Inn
KingOfSbw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #152

Those who stay at Equatorial Hotel please do pay extra care to your car in the hotel carpark. My friend's car got broken into and DVD player rip off, cash card n small change in glove compartment all stolen and worse of all dun know how they rip his spedo meter off. In the end got to call AAM to tow to JB workshop and fix new one Cost his about 2K to get a new replacement.

Where did he park his car? Is it at the basement car park of the Hotel? The basement car park looks safe with a Cashier counter operating 24hrs.
Try to park near the cashier if possible...
multi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #153
Great Supremacy Member

anyone recently stayed at Riviera? Heard that the condition is quite bad? My last stay was in 1998.
win_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #154

Those who stay at Equatorial Hotel please do pay extra care to your car in the hotel carpark. My friend's car got broken into and DVD player rip off, cash card n small change in glove compartment all stolen and worse of all dun know how they rip his spedo meter off. In the end got to call AAM to tow to JB workshop and fix new one Cost his about 2K to get a new replacement.
wow.. never know melaka is such a dangerous place to park..
Old 23-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #155

i will be staying at Baba House.....Opp Puri Hotel.

I can give you the feedback when back .....Hope the stay will be nice

As for the hotel you mentioned, most friend would said Equatorial Hotel (Most Singaporean stay there)....
Look forward to your feedback.
Old 23-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #156

thanks for the advices, will try stayin Equatorial this time round as somehow its tiny bit cheaper den Holiday Inn
Can share whether U driving or taking coach there?
Old 23-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #157
Master Member

anyone recently stayed at Riviera? Heard that the condition is quite bad? My last stay was in 1998.
Why Riviera? So far out of the town. Furthermore, the beach has nothing to see.

Unless got renovation, otherwise the place quite run down liao.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #158
Master Member

Can share whether U driving or taking coach there?
i will taking coach there, if just my wife and i we would go to Larkin to get the coach tix to malacca but the upcomin trips my in laws will be joinin us, so we will be taking coach from those tour agency in singapore like konsortium. 2 times more expensive
Old 24-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #159

i will taking coach there, if just my wife and i we would go to Larkin to get the coach tix to malacca but the upcomin trips my in laws will be joinin us, so we will be taking coach from those tour agency in singapore like konsortium. 2 times more expensive
Does konsortium alight at the Malacca Sentral Bus Terminal too?
I wonder what's the avg cab fare from terminal to Equatorial.
Old 25-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #160
Master Member

Does konsortium alight at the Malacca Sentral Bus Terminal too?
I wonder what's the avg cab fare from terminal to Equatorial.
yup konsortium does provide bus till melaka sentral terminal, its about S$25 (one way) and about $30 (one way) if u choose to alight at the hotel. do note that konsortium does not have return trip to singapore from melaka sentral, only from various hotels.

cab fare to equatorial is about RM$15
Old 25-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #161

yup konsortium does provide bus till melaka sentral terminal, its about S$25 (one way) and about $30 (one way) if u choose to alight at the hotel. do note that konsortium does not have return trip to singapore from melaka sentral, only from various hotels.

cab fare to equatorial is about RM$15
kingofsbw;
Oh, they offer coach alighting at hotels too?
Shall call them and check. Thanks
Old 26-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #162
Master Member

kingofsbw;
Oh, they offer coach alighting at hotels too?
Shall call them and check. Thanks
yup, most of the local tour agencies like konsortium, five stars, grassland etc they provide coach services to various hotel in malacca

their depature timing more or less the same but some difference for the return trip timing
Old 26-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #163

yup, most of the local tour agencies like konsortium, five stars, grassland etc they provide coach services to various hotel in malacca

their depature timing more or less the same but some difference for the return trip timing
i have shortlisted Puri Hotel, and have tried calling the bus-companies. The nearest hotel that I can alight is Equatorial Hotel. Seems to me that alighting Equatorial Hotel Lobby or Bus Terminal is the same, am I right?
Old 26-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #164

i have shortlisted Puri Hotel, and have tried calling the bus-companies. The nearest hotel that I can alight is Equatorial Hotel. Seems to me that alighting Equatorial Hotel Lobby or Bus Terminal is the same, am I right?
If you refer to Sentral Bus Terminal, how can it be the same as the Equatorial Hotel? Look up Google Map yourself. The Equatorial Hotel is at least within walking distance from the Puri. Sentral is not.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #165

If you refer to Sentral Bus Terminal, how can it be the same as the Equatorial Hotel? Look up Google Map yourself. The Equatorial Hotel is at least within walking distance from the Puri. Sentral is not.
oopz, what I meant is if I alight at either point, the cab fare to Puri Hotel, is around the same rm$15?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.