HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #166
Arch-Supremacy Member

oopz, what I meant is if I alight at either point, the cab fare to Puri Hotel, is around the same rm$15?
Puri hotel is just beside jonker streer.. within walking distance to Equatorial.. so dun bother bout taking taxi.. walk can reach in 15min

Been goin to Melaka annually for the past 3 years.. first 2 years at Equatorial and last year at Hotel Puri.. had pleasant stays at both places..
CPL_Raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #167

Puri hotel is just beside jonker streer.. within walking distance to Equatorial.. so dun bother bout taking taxi.. walk can reach in 15min

Been goin to Melaka annually for the past 3 years.. first 2 years at Equatorial and last year at Hotel Puri.. had pleasant stays at both places..
thanks for the advice
shall heed your advice. hope i dun lose my way (haha)
Old 22-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #168

sorry for asking guys. is renaissance hotel near jonker street?
porker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #169
Master Member

sorry for asking guys. is renaissance hotel near jonker street?
It depends your definition of "near".

From the hotel, straight down cross the traffic light to the road of Jalan Bendahara, pass red shophouses and cross the bridge to Jonker street take you approximately 15 mins by walk.

If drive, less than 5 mins if no traffic jam.

To me by walk is far
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #170
Master Member

Is it a little late now to be planning to go Malacca during Xmas period?
ipporek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #171
Master Member

Is it a little late now to be planning to go Malacca during Xmas period?
Some popular hotels I think already taken up by now but no harm trying.

I will avoid Malacca during holiday, the traffic around tourism area is super jam and terrible.
Old 27-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #172
Master Member

Oh, cos was thinking of going somewhere nearby with my gf during that period, cos also my birthday. But just realized a little last minute.
Old 27-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #173
Master Member

Oh, cos was thinking of going somewhere nearby with my gf during that period, cos also my birthday. But just realized a little last minute.
Still can try. Never try never know. Just have to bear with the traffic condition there during big holiday.
Old 27-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #174
Master Member

Still can try. Never try never know. Just have to bear with the traffic condition there during big holiday.
Any coaches to recommend? Checked Grasslands but none availabe, and WTS Travel (which don't know why my Dad recommended) doesn't go Malacca.
Old 28-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #175
Master Member

Any coaches to recommend? Checked Grasslands but none availabe, and WTS Travel (which don't know why my Dad recommended) doesn't go Malacca.
You may refer to below link for more info about the coach to malacca:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...2926949&page=2
Old 05-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #176
Greater Supremacy Member

hi guys, any place to recommend to go to in malacca? Is penang or malacca better for relaxing like 5d4n
Old 06-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #177
Master Member

By the way, is it far from the Equatorial Melaka and Renaissance Melaka to other hotels? Not very sure where the bus for StarMart Express stops, but those are the drop-off points for Luxury but I was thinking to stay at a 'nicer hotel' (which I'm yet to have really checked around) cos I'm kinda going there for my birthday with my gf.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #178

By the way, is it far from the Equatorial Melaka and Renaissance Melaka to other hotels? Not very sure where the bus for StarMart Express stops, but those are the drop-off points for Luxury but I was thinking to stay at a 'nicer hotel' (which I'm yet to have really checked around) cos I'm kinda going there for my birthday with my gf.
this 2 hotel is quite far away from one another... all attraction is near to equatorial Hotel, most coach will drop off at hotel or the Sentral bus terminal

hi guys, any place to recommend to go to in malacca? Is penang or malacca better for relaxing like 5d4n
Penang is definately a better place for 5d/4n holiday. food is cheap and good, i like to stay in ferringi area, then book a taxi for half a day and travel out for food, sightseeing and shopping. Malacca 3d/2n is quite enough actually.
Jaypct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #179
Master Member

this 2 hotel is quite far away from one another... all attraction is near to equatorial Hotel, most coach will drop off at hotel or the Sentral bus terminal
Oh ok, guess maybe drop off at Equatorial then.

Anyone have recommendations for hotel?

Edit: This Casa del Rio seems not bad, but a little too far from Equatorial and the mall.

Last edited by ipporek; 06-12-2010 at 11:02 AM..
Old 06-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #180

Starmart express will drop at Melaka Sentral and superior coach will drop you at Equitorial hotel...

To me, Equitorial is a better hotel becuase it is very near to shopping malls like Dataran Melaka, Mahkota parade. Renaissance Melaka is quite far from all these shopping malls..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.