HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2016, 11:45 PM   #1861
Supremacy Member

Hi Bro,
I tried Grab there. Drivers are incredibly friendly and they get off the car and help with my luggage. I'm impressed.
Definitely a must if you move about in Melaka. Very affordable and good experience for me.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for sharing!
Habrosus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #1862

Has anyone travelled solo to malacca and stayed overnight before?
Going solo, just planning to destress and chillout while checking out the sight seeing areas.

Will be driving in tomorrow around noon-1pm plan to reach around 4pm to check-in.
IF no traffic jam and chiong along nsh can reach ? normally will cruise about 130km/h-140, max can only reach 160km/h plus. ( Car top speed only 167km/h >_>

I booked a room at hatten melaka. Heard the sky bar has a nice view to watch the sunset all that.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:00 AM   #1863

i think the hotel is in a weird location. If going to shopping mall, need to cross the busy main road to get to it.
True and I think it's not easy to cross that with young kids
cc2mss5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:51 PM   #1864

the best location for hotel in malacca is hatten hotel near shopping mall and 15 min walk to jonker walk.
tjiax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:02 PM   #1865

yes, best hotel is Hatten hotel, but there is feedback that due to high turnover for this hotel, some of the rooms is not properly maintained
Old 10-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #1866
Master Member

yes, best hotel is Hatten hotel, but there is feedback that due to high turnover for this hotel, some of the rooms is not properly maintained
Second that. Stayed there twice and had toilet leaking problem. Not a really big one though. Just that the toilet will be flooded after shower. And it stays flooded until they clean the room the next day. Other than that, everything was pretty OK.
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:06 AM   #1867

Hatten hotel prime location smartly chosen by hatten group. Next investment for them is Hatten City (big shopping mall with two hotel on top of it, theme park, small convention hall and country house with own pier like sentosa cove for sale at the same area)
Old 12-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #1868

their next hotel will be double tree hilton in Malacca
Habrosus likes this.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #1869

I stayed eco tree hotel previously. Good location! And cheap too. Thought breakfast was really bad.
Sta there a couple of time. I think it is quite nice as well. I like the sky bar at the roof top. Got live band singing the last time i went there during the weekend. The nonya restaurant beside the hotel is also quite nice.
kuehteow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:40 AM   #1870

Second that. Stayed there twice and had toilet leaking problem. Not a really big one though. Just that the toilet will be flooded after shower. And it stays flooded until they clean the room the next day. Other than that, everything was pretty OK.
The hotel is nice. But the breakfast time is like a war zone due to the high occupancy rate. The lift is also another issue as you might need to wait for quite long as it is shared among the hotel and the mall itself. There are no dedicated lift to the hotel room floor.
kuehteow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #1871
Supremacy Member

A good 20-min walk to Hatten and Equatorial, but can stroll to the Portuguese Settlement.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #1872

Any recommendation for private transport charter to Malacca?
Need at least 7 seaters.
bjory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #1873

A good 20-min walk to Hatten and Equatorial, but can stroll to the Portuguese Settlement.
If they provide free bus ride to and from Hatten hotel to Hatten city from hotel guest, that will be good. But weekend, the road there always jam one.
Old 13-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #1874
Supremacy Member

If they provide free bus ride to and from Hatten hotel to Hatten city from hotel guest, that will be good. But weekend, the road there always jam one.
I'd try to extend my stay over the weekend into Tuesday at least, to savor the quieter atmosphere.
Old 14-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #1875
High Supremacy Member

can also try novotel... was staying there a few months ago. relatively new hotel.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.