HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #1876
High Supremacy Member

I'd try to extend my stay over the weekend into Tuesday at least, to savor the quieter atmosphere.
yes you should. plenty of nice food to try in melaka.

u may also consider spending a night in muar. ie check out on monday, and drive to muar and spend a night there. can eat bak kut teh for lunch, dinner (glutton street), breakfast(hawker center), hotel check out and eat cze char lunch. drive back to jb for dinner then to sg.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #1877
Supremacy Member

u may also consider spending a night in muar. ie check out on monday, and drive to muar and spend a night there. can eat bak kut teh for lunch, dinner (glutton street), breakfast(hawker center), hotel check out and eat cze char lunch. drive back to jb for dinner then to sg.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't drive so I don't have that luxury. I get my BKT fix from a joint in Melaka itself, the owner learned the trade from someone in Klang and also travels there weekly for his supplies.

My suggestion's actually meant for tjiax1. My typical trip to Melaka is to arrive Thursday, latest Friday, then leave preferably on Tuesday earliest or Monday if I've to. Some people may think Melaka boring if stayed "too long", but I love the place and enjoy moving around there.

When I'm lazy, my meals are easily fixed by strolling to the makan places around Casa del Rio Hotel/Residences.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #1878

Never actually step into Muar. Is there anything fascinating stuffs in the town beside their famous otah??
kuehteow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #1879
High Supremacy Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't drive so I don't have that luxury. I get my BKT fix from a joint in Melaka itself, the owner learned the trade from someone in Klang and also travels there weekly for his supplies.

My suggestion's actually meant for tjiax1. My typical trip to Melaka is to arrive Thursday, latest Friday, then leave preferably on Tuesday earliest or Monday if I've to. Some people may think Melaka boring if stayed "too long", but I love the place and enjoy moving around there.

When I'm lazy, my meals are easily fixed by strolling to the makan places around Casa del Rio Hotel/Residences.
yup, can fix your bkt cravings in melaka. quite reasonable and taste is good too.

i think its a good suggestion to spend a few days in melaka and enjoy the food. better still if you drive and know where the locals usually go for lunch and dinner. can also consider doing a movie marathon at palawan mall, go karting, play golf, chill out along some pub at night, massage...
Old 14-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #1880
High Supremacy Member

Never actually step into Muar. Is there anything fascinating stuffs in the town beside their famous otah??
ok, there are quite a few bak kut teh stalls, but i will only eat at 2 of them... apart from that, i also like the otak (real chunks of fish, prawns, sotong), pig organ soup, assam fish, fried flat fish (leng chi her i dunno the english name), ikan bakar.... if u want to know where, i will have to look at the map and give u the gps coords for these places... cannot rem the names of these restorans and stalls...
Old 14-10-2016, 07:31 PM   #1881
Master Member

Bro where is your BKT fix location? Can share?
ipadxcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #1882
Master Member

ok, there are quite a few bak kut teh stalls, but i will only eat at 2 of them... apart from that, i also like the otak (real chunks of fish, prawns, sotong), pig organ soup, assam fish, fried flat fish (leng chi her i dunno the english name), ikan bakar.... if u want to know where, i will have to look at the map and give u the gps coords for these places... cannot rem the names of these restorans and stalls...
Oh yes please share. Even a small review with pics would be appreciated. TIA!
Old 14-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #1883
Supremacy Member

Bro where is your BKT fix location? Can share?
I've actually shared here a couple of times before. I've misplaced the card, will need some time to search for it.

It's somewhere diagonally opposite the cross junction from Donald & Lily Nyonya Restaurant...

Edit: Found! Couldn't remember the name so had to lucky draw-google

BEE XIANG BAK KUT TEH KOTA
Address: No. 11, Jalan TKL 3/15,
Taman Kota Laksamana,
Seksyen 3,
75200 Melaka.

(For Reservation : 01116200310, 0166831230 & 0166490855)

Business Hours: 8:30am to 3:00pm
6:00pm to 8:30pm (Daily)
(Monday Off Day)

Last edited by Habrosus; 14-10-2016 at 09:23 PM..
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #1884
Master Member

I've actually shared here a couple of times before. I've misplaced the card, will need some time to search for it.

It's somewhere diagonally opposite the cross junction from Donald & Lily Nyonya Restaurant...

Edit: Found! Couldn't remember the name so had to lucky draw-google

BEE XIANG BAK KUT TEH KOTA
Address: No. 11, Jalan TKL 3/15,
Taman Kota Laksamana,
Seksyen 3,
75200 Melaka.

(For Reservation : 01116200310, 0166831230 & 0166490855)

Business Hours: 8:30am to 3:00pm
6:00pm to 8:30pm (Daily)
(Monday Off Day)

Oh that area. I've yet to roam that area. Thanks for sharing.
Habrosus likes this.
Old 15-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #1885
Supremacy Member

Anyone went to machap baru night market?
evolute8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #1886
Supremacy Member

Anyone went to machap baru night market?

I went before, mainly food.

If go, make sure in empty stomach, can see cannot eat is waste of trip, quite far distance from town.
greenhse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #1887
Master Member

There are so many new hotels in Malacca now. All within walking distance.

Equtorial, Hatten, The Straits, Novotel and Imperial Hotel - all located within each other.

Hatten wifi is quite weak.

I stayed at The Straits recently. Cheap and good with swimming pool and secured parking. I parked my car there and walk to Jonker street and palawan mall daily without using the car.
Habrosus likes this.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2016, 01:07 AM   #1888
Supremacy Member

There are so many new hotels in Malacca now. All within walking distance.

Equtorial, Hatten, The Straits, Novotel and Imperial Hotel - all located within each other.

Hatten wifi is quite weak.

I stayed at The Straits recently. Cheap and good with swimming pool and secured parking. I parked my car there and walk to Jonker street and palawan mall daily without using the car.
I stayed at novotel last week, executive king room per night was about 75sgd nett.
evolute8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #1889

can also try novotel... was staying there a few months ago. relatively new hotel.
Considering Novotel. but bringing old folks and kids. Is there shuttle bus to Jonker area?
Shinshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #1890

Considering Novotel. but bringing old folks and kids. Is there shuttle bus to Jonker area?
Jonker Street is about 500m away, with a pedestrian-only street you can use for much of the way. Taking a bus will require more time because of the heavy one-way traffic.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.