HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #196
Master Member

Its not possible to go malacca on christmas if you did not book early, christmas is a big holiday in malacca as catholic from many places will flock to malacca for masses and celebration.
I agree. Better avoid.

If you are in Malacca during Christmas, make a trip to Portuguese Square, quite happenning there at night. The whole village is celebrating. Be prepared for big crowd and massive traffic jam.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #197
Arch-Supremacy Member

No worries, just contribute some ideas to you

In fact, the hotels in Malacca are not really cheap.

Based on the budget, many popular hotels such as Holiday Inn, Renaissance, Equatoria and even Bayview are out of reach.

Mahkota, Puri, Avillion Legacy, Grand Continental should be around the border or slightly more. But I am not too sure if they fit your criteria of good hotel. Read more before book.
i see...

so RM300-400 a more reasonable budget for a comfortable stay?
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #198
Master Member

i see...

It depends individual preference ba, some just need a bed to sleep and do not have intention to spend more on accommodation. Some want to relax and enjoy full facility from the hotel. Some willing to pay higher for the location.

For RM300-RM400, I would suggest give a try to Holiday Inn (Deluxe-Sea View). It should cost around +-RM350. Book early especially for weekend stay.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #199

i see...

At RM 300 you can book all the 5 star hotels like Holiday Inn, Equatoria hotel etc...

In fact you can get a fairly decent hotel for SGD100

Avillion Legacy is very nice hotel.. not new but good .. nice lobby.

There are some botique hotels - very nice ones too
idone2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #200

I think Bayview is in for ~$100/N. Check it in Oct just before the Malaysia tourism fair. In fact, bayview was there too offering at $77/N. I stayed there last weekend following RC trip. Not too bad and quite spacious room that I was given.
bbmars1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #201

stay at bishan, going to malaca, better use woodland or tuas?
reflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #202

use woodlands.. nearer.. but also depend on your timing
Old 22-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #203

hello all bro and sis. sorry if i had hijacked this tread. But can i ask if it is safe to drive to Malacca?? as in is there cases of car being stolen over there? thanks for any help!!
Old 22-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #204
Master Member

hello all bro and sis. sorry if i had hijacked this tread. But can i ask if it is safe to drive to Malacca?? as in is there cases of car being stolen over there? thanks for any help!!
Bro, I think nobody can guarantee you for this question. Malacca is generally a safe place as compare to neighbouring states.

Safe does not mean no crime. Just practice some precaution measures to protect your car such as park at open area, lock the steering, drive lao pok car, choose hotel with security guard etc.
Old 22-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #205

Bro, I think nobody can guarantee you for this question. Malacca is generally a safe place as compare to neighbouring states.

Safe does not mean no crime. Just practice some precaution measures to protect your car such as park at open area, lock the steering, drive lao pok car, choose hotel with security guard etc.
Generally, Malacca is much more safer but you stil have to take precaution..
My advise to you is to act humble, act like Malaysian, a normal person.. my personal experience where I think many Singaporean are being targeted because they wear very nice/branded things like bag, speak english, watches...

As for cars, it is best if you could lock the car with extra steering lock, park in open car park.. u have to take precaution anyway.. and for ladies, it is best not to bring handbag
Old 22-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #206

Generally, Malacca is much more safer but you stil have to take precaution..
My advise to you is to act humble, act like Malaysian, a normal person.. my personal experience where I think many Singaporean are being targeted because they wear very nice/branded things like bag, speak english, watches...

As for cars, it is best if you could lock the car with extra steering lock, park in open car park.. u have to take precaution anyway.. and for ladies, it is best not to bring handbag
I fully agree that a good steering lock is a must in Malaysia.
I read in the news that a few years back, a S'pore Toyota Wish was stolen in Hotel Equatorial, Melaka. So you never know when it happen.

Update latest: Mishap in Malacca
http://www.twcsg.org/viewtopic.php?t=24208

Last edited by dkuan88; 03-01-2011 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Updates
dkuan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #207
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any local driver on minivan for malacca recommendation?

Intending to travel there with the whole family so dont wish to split up to take public tpt to move around everytime
mikeeeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #208

wow.. thanks for all the valuable comment!!
Old 13-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #209
Master Member

Is 2D 1N Malacca Free & Easy Package at 4 Star Mahkota Hotel + Breakfast + 2-Way Coach Tickets for 2 pax at $158 really a good deal?
ipporek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #210
Master Member

Is 2D 1N Malacca Free & Easy Package at 4 Star Mahkota Hotel + Breakfast + 2-Way Coach Tickets for 2 pax at $158 really a good deal?
$158 for 1 pax or 2 pax?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.