Question about Malacca

gt_5454

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing bro .. Looks like u had a great trip .. I am looking forward to mine in June .. Will go eat at the stalls u recommended ..
phew.. finally back in Spore after a 2D1N at Equatorial Hotel.. stayed at the newly renovated premier room.

as it was my 5th time there.. so settled on those tried and tested food.. weather was really hot there!

first stop, Sun May Hiong pork satay at Jalan Kota Laksamana (ard Jonker Walk area).. they got varieties like pork, intestine, liver, chicken and gizzards.

next up, Hoe Kee chicken rice balls at Jonker walk, followed by Jonker 88 durian chendol.

Nedeje Patiserie mille crepes at Dataran Pahlawan megamall for tea break before heading to Ban Lee Siang satay celup at Jalan Ong Kim Wee for dinner.

on the way back see see look look at the Jonker night market.. bought Mdm Goh's pineapple tarts and a cowboy hat.. had foot massage at megamall and then tabao KFC back for supper.

next day morning had breakfast at Mac.. last time used to go Rong Mao dim sum at Jalan Tukang Besi (ard Jonker Walk area).. but this time legs too tired from the previous day walking..

checked out and had lunch at A&W.. went Jonker Walk again and had wonton mee at an unnamed coffeeshop near the stage area..

walked back and tabao the mille crepe to eat on the return trip to Spore..

sorry no photos taken.. activities were really packed at it was only a 2 day trip..

can't wait to back there again..! ;)

ronnie

Reaction score
Wish to book Holiday Inn Melaka for 3 adults and given a number of choices namely, DELUXE 1KING BED STRAITS VIEW NONSMOKING or DELUXE 2 SGL BED STRAITS VIEW NONSMOKING. Which would be a better choice? For the third person, would they provide an additional bed?

I will be driving to Malacca. Have not been to Malaysia for quite a while. Understand that you need a Touch N Go card and that it is available for sale only in Malaysia. Do I need to use it when clearing customs, and where can one purchase such card?

valeon

Master Member
Reaction score
Wish to book Holiday Inn Melaka for 3 adults and given a number of choices namely, DELUXE 1KING BED STRAITS VIEW NONSMOKING or DELUXE 2 SGL BED STRAITS VIEW NONSMOKING. Which would be a better choice? For the third person, would they provide an additional bed?

I will be driving to Malacca. Have not been to Malaysia for quite a while. Understand that you need a Touch N Go card and that it is available for sale only in Malaysia. Do I need to use it when clearing customs, and where can one purchase such card?

I stayed before a huge DELUXE KING BED CITY VIEW NONSMOKING ROOM with 1 King Bed + 1 Single Bed (I did not request, 2 pax only). I do not know if this room available for STRAITS VIEW.

I could not recall the room number. Try your luck to request.

Touch N Go card can buy @ custom booth, drive to the last booth.

ronnie

Reaction score
I stayed before a huge DELUXE KING BED CITY VIEW NONSMOKING ROOM with 1 King Bed + 1 Single Bed (I did not request, 2 pax only). I do not know if this room available for STRAITS VIEW.

I could not recall the room number. Try your luck to request.

Touch N Go card can buy @ custom booth, drive to the last booth.

Thanks! Unfortunately, the rooms are fully book liao! No choice but to book other places.

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score
It's not advisable to take public bus from Malacca Sentral to Hotel Puri unless you are really familiar with the place. Taxi from Malacca Sentral to Hotel Puri should be in between 10-15 mins (if no traffic jam).

To those who would like to experience the local bus, you may take "Town Bus" from Malacca Sentral to reach the hotel. I am not so sure the bus number, you need to verify this with the counter of "Town Bus" company before board any bus. I am sure this will give you the experience that you will never forget. Ahahaha

Bus 17. Ask around. To red square only RM1.

Last edited:

sanchin

Reaction score
Melaka is packed with ppl every weekend and is quite difficult to drive around nowadays, super jam. Best is to park nearby and walk now.

squidy

Reaction score
guys....any nice pub over there to watch soccer ? planning to watch the champions league final over there . btw i staying in equatorial , does the hotel have any coverage on the champions league ? thanks .

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score
guys....any nice pub over there to watch soccer ? planning to watch the champions league final over there . btw i staying in equatorial , does the hotel have any coverage on the champions league ? thanks .

if 4-star equatorial dun hv, then u must find pub.

CPL_Raju

Banned
Reaction score

astro on their cable tv should be showing..

writetodonkey

Master Member
Reaction score
There is a budget motel with an irish pub you can go to watch soccer.
Opposite Holiday Inn is Makota Shopping, to the left is the hawker centre (i heard close liao) and to the left of the hawker centre are shop houses. There are a few new motels there. Just drive alone the lane and you will find it (it is located at the corner unit of the shop houses). Outside the pub is a photo of a beer maid. Sorry forgot the name of the place and didn't take any pic in my last trip. Rooms are clean cos the establishment is only about 1 year old.

The other suggestion by temasekcity is also good.
Cos The Jetty is a nice place to chill.

squidy

Reaction score
thanks for all the advise guys. is equatorial very far away from holiday inn ? as im afraid there will be a lot of ppl in the pub as it is the champions league final . wanna have more options as im afraid the pubs will be full on that night .

anyway , is Melaka Sentral very far away from equatorial ? that is the place my coach will be dropping us .

Thanks .

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the advise guys. is equatorial very far away from holiday inn ? as im afraid there will be a lot of ppl in the pub as it is the champions league final . wanna have more options as im afraid the pubs will be full on that night .

anyway , is Melaka Sentral very far away from equatorial ? that is the place my coach will be dropping us .

Thanks .

Oh, you are not driving. No problem.

Equatorial is 10 min south walk from Holiday Inn. Or you can take Bus 17 or the tour bus (red colour) near to your hotel (outside Secret receipe). Damage RM1/pax. Go one long way for 10min too.

For more pubs, try walking down to Jalan Merdeka and after Felix Inn, turn left. There are many restaurants and hopefully, there should be some pubs.

Melaka Sentral is quite far from Equatorial. After alighting at Melaka Sentral, take a cab RM15-20 (10min) or take Bus 17 or red bus (preferred cos air-con) from Sentral at RM1.5/pax (15min). You will alight at the Secret Receipe (Melaka Megamall).

squidy

Reaction score
Oh, you are not driving. No problem.

Equatorial is 10 min south walk from Holiday Inn. Or you can take Bus 17 or the tour bus (red colour) near to your hotel (outside Secret receipe). Damage RM1/pax. Go one long way for 10min too.

For more pubs, try walking down to Jalan Merdeka and after Felix Inn, turn left. There are many restaurants and hopefully, there should be some pubs.

Melaka Sentral is quite far from Equatorial. After alighting at Melaka Sentral, take a cab RM15-20 (10min) or take Bus 17 or red bus (preferred cos air-con) from Sentral at RM1.5/pax (15min). You will alight at the Secret Receipe (Melaka Megamall).

thanks man .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.