HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #2491
Supremacy Member

Anyway, last evening went on an eating spree with my wife.
Started off with Sun May Hiong pork satay literally. Chicken satay ran out.

Then we walked a bit and went to Pak Putra to eat naan and the tandoori chicken.

Discovered a Saturday only market at Jalan Lakshamana beside Pak Patra. Only opens from 4-6pm according to the stall owner. Visited mainly by locals.

Walked over to Jonker, but wife too full to eat her Assam Laksa.

In the end walked all the way back to Nadeje at Mahkota and finished off with 2 cakes.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Habrosus likes this.
Eviltrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #2492
Supremacy Member

Anyway, last evening went on an eating spree with my wife.

Not sure if it's still there, but if you like asam fish (not the claypot type), there's a spot opposite Casa del Rio Residences. Normally packed with locals from other parts, on weekend evenings.

They'd 4 types of fish when I was last there a couple of years back. One portion of fish, rice, egg, and beansprouts was RM4.50. Even had pre-packed nasi lemak in a basket on some tables.

They'd chicken and other foods too, but I normally just go for the fish by ordering extra types of fish and more beansprouts.

Nice place to chill on weekday evenings.
Habrosus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #2493

Where to eat local food in Melaka

Local food to check out in Melaka:

https://therantingpanda.com/2018/05/...-duck-noodles/
chia0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #2494

Hi, does anyone have any good AirBnB/apartments to recommend?

I'm planning another trip to Malacca with family, we prefer condo style type of accommodation rather than booking 2 hotel rooms.

I stayed at Mahkota Hotel/Apartment last year. The location was good (just need to cross the big road) and ample parking space. We felt safe. Just that the unit I booked faced the main road, so the road noise continued late into the night at 2 or 3 am. So hard to sleep. Other than that the unit was comfortable.

Now thinking if I should try booking another unit at Mahkota (different view) or find somewhere else to stay that is still within walking distance from the main attractions. I can't seem to be able to find other condos in that area. Most of them are nearer to the Portuguese village side, which means we have to take transport out everytime to get to Jonker or the shopping centres.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #2495
High Supremacy Member

How much do u pay for a 3 bedder Airbnb? >Rm200 per night?

U can get an average hotel room for like rm50 a night dude.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #2496

Melaka got what. sibei boring leh!
Arina Hashimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 11:55 PM   #2497

How much do u pay for a 3 bedder Airbnb? >Rm200 per night?

U can get an average hotel room for like rm50 a night dude.
Yeah that time I went peak period, paid about RM300+ for my Airbnb per night. Which was about the same price as booking hotel 2 rooms for the same period. And it's the usual big hotels that Singaporeans always like to book while in Malacca, not the out of the way ones.
Of course my Airbnb got more space to move around for that price la. Tabao snacks go back, sit in the living room, watch TV, eat.

Hotel room always end up sit on the bed and eat and not much space to move around. The feeling is worse than SG pigeonhole.

But I understand what you mean la especially in Malaysia, Airbnb might not be the best deal because their hotel prices are very competitive.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 06:53 AM   #2498
High Supremacy Member

Yeah that time I went peak period, paid about RM300+ for my Airbnb per night. Which was about the same price as booking hotel 2 rooms for the same period. And it's the usual big hotels that Singaporeans always like to book while in Malacca, not the out of the way ones.
Of course my Airbnb got more space to move around for that price la. Tabao snacks go back, sit in the living room, watch TV, eat.

Hotel room always end up sit on the bed and eat and not much space to move around. The feeling is worse than SG pigeonhole.

But I understand what you mean la especially in Malaysia, Airbnb might not be the best deal because their hotel prices are very competitive.
to each his own. if you need a bigger space, then airbnb or hotel suite is the way to go. i think u should also be able to find one or 2 terrace house along ong kim wee area that do airbnb.

i hardly stay in the hotel room much whenever i travel. i just need a place to sleep at night, poop, shower, watch a bit of news on tv, clean sheets, working a/c...
Old 25-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #2499
Master Member

I'm planning to go Melaka in May.
Any recommended coach to take for this route Singapore > Melaka > Singapore?
Heard many say that Luxury is good.
Beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #2500
High Supremacy Member

I'm planning to go Melaka in May.
Any recommended coach to take for this route Singapore > Melaka > Singapore?
Heard many say that Luxury is good.
Enjoy your trip. If u can, drive up. Can try many different n nice food at local prices.
Old 25-02-2019, 04:24 PM   #2501

Jonker St must try the chicken ball rice yummy!
nosynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 09:08 AM   #2502
High Supremacy Member

Jonker St must try the chicken ball rice yummy!
Go the other wan better lah, anyway not nice liao either...
Old 26-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #2503
Master Member

Enjoy your trip. If u can, drive up. Can try many different n nice food at local prices.
Got no car and driving license. So can only take a coach there.
Old 26-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #2504
Master Member

Many told me that the chicken rice ball is overrated and not that nice anymore.
Old 26-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #2505
High Supremacy Member

Many told me that the chicken rice ball is overrated and not that nice anymore.
its still not bad, just more expensive than most other chicken rice shops/stalls in melaka. if u can, walk along jln gajah berang... about 20-30mins walk from jonker...

got hawker center, and food shops... chicken rice, taiwan beef noodles, nasi lemak, dim sum, czs char, hay mee, laksa... quite a lot of food to try.

google golden circle. this is one of my fav hawker centers. only opens at night. many variety of hawker food. sometimes will have xmm beer promoter too.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.