HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #2521
High Supremacy Member

Do those buses from Larkin have space for luggage (just like coaches from Sin)?
Coaches yes, just follow standard brand names, of course those lao pok bus won't have
Old 05-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #2522
Master Member

Which hotel do you guys usually stay in Melaka?

Last time I stayed in Hatten hotel before. The location of the hotel is great but only thing that it was quite crowded during the weekend and there were long queues at the check in counter so checking in took some time.

So I might want to stay other hotels the next time I go there.
Any recommendations?

Last edited by Beefsteak; 05-03-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:28 AM   #2523
High Supremacy Member

Last time I stayed in Hatten hotel before. The location of the hotel is great but only thing that it was quite crowded during the weekend and there were long queues at the check in counter so checking in took some time.

Any recommendations?
Got a lot of hotels walking distance from hatten
Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #2524
Supremacy Member

Any recommendations?
Casa del Rio. I like that location better, as many places are within walking distance. Like The Shore, even walked back from Jalan Gajah Berang, Jonker obviously, then Dataran Pahlawan all the way to Mahkota Parade. Could have walked to the Portuguese Settlement too, as got as far as somewhere near there.

But that's back when Grab Car wasn't available, only Grab Taxi at best. Grabbed to Aeon Mall.

Now looking at something cheaper in the same area... narrowing down to Hotel Puri, Heeren by the River, and possibly even Quayside.
koolaid likes this.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #2525
Master Member

Casa del Rio. I like that location better, as many places are within walking distance. Like The Shore, even walked back from Jalan Gajah Berang, Jonker obviously, then Dataran Pahlawan all the way to Mahkota Parade. Could have walked to the Portuguese Settlement too, as got as far as somewhere near there.

But that's back when Grab Car wasn't available, only Grab Taxi at best. Grabbed to Aeon Mall.

Now looking at something cheaper in the same area... narrowing down to Hotel Puri, Heeren by the River, and possibly even Quayside.
Casa del Rio a little expensive though. Don't want to spend so much. I'm also looking at something cheaper in the same area.

Timez Modern Heritage Hotel looks not bad too.
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by Beefsteak; 06-03-2019 at 09:29 AM..
Beefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:19 AM   #2526
Supremacy Member

Casa del Rio a little expensive though. Don't want to spend so much. I'm also looking at something cheaper in the same area.

Timez Modern Heritage Hotel looks not bad too.
Sounds good, will go check that out.

So many hotels have opened in that area since my last stay.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #2527
Master Member

My fav all time at melaka is strait hotel. It's suite is cheap s$100 per night and good parking lots. Walking distance to hatten and restaurant below open till 4am Lok Lok shoik while couple of mama shop open 24hrs.

Stayed there like 8-9 times already. Hygiene and cleaniness not there yet but still cheap.

For those not driving, heritage hotel is the next best for cheap and big room. Minus pt - no carpark lot for customer.
Habrosus likes this.

Last edited by gentoro; 12-03-2019 at 10:32 AM..
gentoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #2528
High Supremacy Member

My fav all time at melaka is strait hotel. It's suite is cheap s$100 per night and good parking lots. Walking distance to hatten and restaurant below open till 4am Lok Lok shoik while couple of mama shop open 24hrs.

Stayed there like 8-9 times already. Hygiene and cleaniness not there yet but still cheap.

For those not driving, heritage hotel is the next best for cheap and big room. Minus pt - no carpark lot for customer.
ls this the one beside novotel? i think they are probably < 4 yrs old?

one of my melaka client gave me a 2 night stay when they first opened for biz. it was the suite which was damn big. yes beside the hotel is the 24h mamak. opposite is a bar with cute xmm waitress.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:11 AM   #2529
Master Member

ls this the one beside novotel? i think they are probably < 4 yrs old?

one of my melaka client gave me a 2 night stay when they first opened for biz. it was the suite which was damn big. yes beside the hotel is the 24h mamak. opposite is a bar with cute xmm waitress.
Woah, meaning I have going there since it's open. Planning again in June school holiday. Usually I drive there n novetel carpark good n secure. I usually go with my friend family of 4 also tgt book same suite opps me. Total 8 pax squeeze into my mpv. ,😁

Last year go eat at hotel opps restaurant Taiwan style, quite good n cheap n 24hrs!
gentoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #2530
High Supremacy Member

Woah, meaning I have going there since it's open. Planning again in June school holiday. Usually I drive there n novetel carpark good n secure. I usually go with my friend family of 4 also tgt book same suite opps me. Total 8 pax squeeze into my mpv. ,😁

Last year go eat at hotel opps restaurant Taiwan style, quite good n cheap n 24hrs!
yes. try to book early. shouldnt be that expensive, should be around sgd40 per night for the normal rooms.

very good if u drive cos there're plenty of food all over melaka. can oso consider driving to tangkak (about 1 hour). no need to go via ns hwy. take small road there and enjoy the countryside view. can makan famous food like char siew sio bak mee, beef noodles, bak kut teh, shanghai seafood (this one is ok ok only but my wife nn her friends say nice)...
Old 12-03-2019, 04:50 PM   #2531

Will be driving up to Melaka this Fri morning.
Would like some suggestion/s on a breakfast/toilet stopover onroute there.

much thanks
Epi_curean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:01 PM   #2532

much thanks
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...a-5736725.html
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #2533
High Supremacy Member

much thanks
i usually have bf in jb before driving straight to melaka. after bf, i will drive straight to kl.

wanton mee, chicken rice, kway chap - cedar point

roti canai, murtabak - abmh (along this row of shophouses, there's a kopi tiam selling wanton mee, kolo mee, laksa...) there's also a money changer beside the restaurant. rates r ok.

taman sentosa area has quite a few kopi tiam and hawker center opened for bf at 6+am too.

i think holiday starts next week. so if u can, try to be at customs before 6 or 630am.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #2534
High Supremacy Member

i usually have bf in jb before driving straight to melaka. after bf, i will drive straight to kl.

wanton mee, chicken rice, kway chap - cedar point

roti canai, murtabak - abmh (along this row of shophouses, there's a kopi tiam selling wanton mee, kolo mee, laksa...) there's also a money changer beside the restaurant. rates r ok.

taman sentosa area has quite a few kopi tiam and hawker center opened for bf at 6+am too.

i think holiday starts next week. so if u can, try to be at customs before 6 or 630am.
I am driving in this Saturday.
Broadwalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #2535
High Supremacy Member

I am driving in this Saturday.
gotta reach customs before 6am.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.