HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #2536

Which hotel do you guys usually stay in Melaka?

Last time I stayed in Hatten hotel before. The location of the hotel is great but only thing that it was quite crowded during the weekend and there were long queues at the check in counter so checking in took some time.

So I might want to stay other hotels the next time I go there.
Any recommendations?
had stayed bayshore, the shore & swiss garden before~ would recommend swiss garden~

some pics posted at earlier page~
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/m...12210-124.html

sunsetbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #2537

My fav all time at melaka is strait hotel. It's suite is cheap s$100 per night and good parking lots. Walking distance to hatten and restaurant below open till 4am Lok Lok shoik while couple of mama shop open 24hrs.

Stayed there like 8-9 times already. Hygiene and cleaniness not there yet but still cheap.

For those not driving, heritage hotel is the next best for cheap and big room. Minus pt - no carpark lot for customer.
If you refering to Imperial Heritage hotel, do not get the last room at the end of the corridor. the room is small, only walking space between the 2 beds.
i was there 2 years back with a big group and stayed in the last room. was ok when i entered the room, then got a shock when i enter my relative's room, it's almost double the size of my room.
ixora2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #2538

Will be driving up to Melaka this Fri morning.
Would like some suggestion/s on a breakfast/toilet stopover onroute there.

much thanks
Might be a good idea to have breakfast in JB like what someone else said. Take it as a reward for waking up early to clear customs, or take it as a reward for having survived the custom jam if you go in a bit late.
Dim sum is my favourite for early bird breakfast in JB. Because some dim sum shops the things will get sold out even if you go at 10am.
Try to take the chance to explore JB. Don't go and eat at those places near KSL, which you can do on any day trip. But don't detour too much, plan it in a way where you're heading north and it's easy to join the NSHW.

I find Yong Peng a good stop because it's really in between JB and Melaka. Can either go into the town itself or just stop at the R&R. There're are two on the same stretch of road, won't miss it, the coaches stop there. Maybe I'll explore other rest stops on my next trip.

That time I exit Jasin and went by the small road into Melaka for a different scenery. I think it's one exit before Ayer Keroh with a lot of Sime Derby plantations. The Ayer Keroh toll is more expensive, so if you've time and want to save money, then take the Jasin exit or other earlier exits and go by the small road. Just google map and navigate to some location in Jasin and when you exit, you reprogram again.
Coming back to SG I follow the navigation which took me to Ayer Keroh.
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 02:20 AM   #2539
High Supremacy Member

gotta reach customs before 6am.
I am now in straits hotel. was pawn by jb polis and custom making detours causeway.
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 02:53 AM   #2540
Supremacy Member

how is the traffic going to Melaka from SG on saturday late afternoons ? might need to do that trip in June...
lowzeewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 07:16 AM   #2541
High Supremacy Member

how is the traffic going to Melaka from SG on saturday late afternoons ? might need to do that trip in June...
No issues. I went by Jasin. when reaching malacca traffic is relatively smooth.
Old 17-03-2019, 07:22 AM   #2542
High Supremacy Member

I am now in straits hotel. was pawn by jb polis and custom making detours causeway.
nice.

but how were u pwn and why? what is detours causeway?
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 08:12 AM   #2543
High Supremacy Member

nice.

Must be never tabao kopi
koolaid likes this.
Old 17-03-2019, 10:11 AM   #2544
High Supremacy Member

nice.

In and out and in jb custom.
Old 17-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #2545
High Supremacy Member

I find boring in malacca just rotting. any nice places I can visit?
havealaughclown likes this.
Old 17-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #2546

I find boring in malacca just rotting. any nice places I can visit?
You mean in Malacca or other parts of Malaysia? This one is Malacca thread, so shall we keep to the topic?
You find Malacca boring which means you've been there many times and I suppose you've seen it all?
really_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #2547

Do you guys have any good decent brunch places around there? (With booze preferably)
Old 17-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #2548
High Supremacy Member

Do you guys have any good decent brunch places around there? (With booze preferably)
like in a restoran? can try:
sky lounge at hatten hotel.

pompus at the shore.

theres an italian restoran further down from bayview hotel, across the street. cant rem the name.

else, most chinese kopi tiam and hawker center have the usual tiger, carlsberg, stout...

Adding on. If u like to try a ww2 bar , check out sin hiap hin. Walking distance from jonker.

Last edited by koolaid; 17-03-2019 at 05:09 PM..
Old 18-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #2549
High Supremacy Member

You mean in Malacca or other parts of Malaysia? This one is Malacca thread, so shall we keep to the topic?
You find Malacca boring which means you've been there many times and I suppose you've seen it all?
Apparently I am asking what to do in malacca other than walking in jonker street and go behind those malls surrounding hatten hotel.
Old 18-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #2550
High Supremacy Member

Apparently I am asking what to do in malacca other than walking in jonker street and go behind those malls surrounding hatten hotel.
Play golf. Go cart. Watch movies. Go swimming. Paintball. River cruise. Butterfly farm. Massage. Chill out at a bar.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.