HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #2641
High Supremacy Member

Dun bother with their chicken rice. Also there is one Loh Yong Moh dim sum. you can and better go early morning.
if u drive, can oso try wan hong xiang. they freshly make their own dim sum daily, and its very very resaonable. go early cos after 9+am, it's always full house and u have to wait for awhile to get seated.
Habrosus and FireEmblem like this.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:45 AM   #2642
High Supremacy Member

if u drive, can oso try wan hong xiang. they freshly make their own dim sum daily, and its very very resaonable. go early cos after 9+am, it's always full house and u have to wait for awhile to get seated.
Next time I will try if I cycle there.
Broadwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:29 AM   #2643

Old-timers may recall this is the same establishment that relocated from its site at the SelectStar Hotel near the "Triangle Road". I only made the connection today after coming up empty in my previous few visits.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #2644
High Supremacy Member

Old-timers may recall this is the same establishment that relocated from its site at the SelectStar Hotel near the "Triangle Road". I only made the connection today after coming up empty in my previous few visits.
wah i think that was like > 8 yrs ago. quite a run down place; next to the roadside with vans selling fruits and newspaper in the morning. further down got a few nice makan shops too. the famous taiwanese beef noodles and my fav chinese nasi lemak.

then, the plump specky lady, the boss, did tell me she took a big risk cos her business may be affected once she moved to the new place. but it didn't. i think her shop became even more popular now.
koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:12 PM   #2645

wah i think that was like > 8 yrs ago. quite a run down place; next to the roadside with vans selling fruits and newspaper in the morning. further down got a few nice makan shops too. the famous taiwanese beef noodles and my fav chinese nasi lemak.

then, the plump specky lady, the boss, did tell me she took a big risk cos her business may be affected once she moved to the new place. but it didn't. i think her shop became even more popular now.
I think they moved in 2014 as some of the local sources mention. The site is now a vacant plot. Yes, the site is by the main road then, along with the Taiwanese beef noodles shop which I was compelled to try on my 2018 visit. The female boss is actually Shanghainese, I gather, rather than Taiwanese.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #2646
Master Member

Is Chung Wah chix rice open for business? Heard last year that they have been closed.

BTW Hotel Equatorial Malacca has been closed for major renovation.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:59 PM   #2647

Going melaka this week. Any die die must eat good food over there? Any good and cheap clean massage places to recommend too ? Thanks!
huatkia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:15 AM   #2648
Supremacy Member

Oh, wasn't aware about this. Was there at their lobby 2 months back.

Thanks so much for the info.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #2649
High Supremacy Member

Is Chung Wah chix rice open for business? Heard last year that they have been closed.

ABOUT TIME!
Old 11-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #2650
Master Member

Going melaka this week. Any die die must eat good food over there? Any good and cheap clean massage places to recommend too ? Thanks!
Hmmm...there's no die die must eat food. I always eat Chung Wah chix rice (dun knw if still close), Jonker 88 Chendol/ice kachang and assam laska/other noodles, nonya chang from any stalls, wanton mee at the end of jonker street and sometimes Mui Hiong satay.

Other people like to eat cheese beehoon and satay celup there.

Go jonker weekend pasar malam and watch movie in Malacca.

Better stay in Jonker street and around Hatten/Equatorial area for easy accessibility. Just walk will do no need drive.

Enjoy your trip.
dleodleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:06 AM   #2651

Anyone know where can i get a sim card to be use in malacca for a day?
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #2652
High Supremacy Member

Anyone know where can i get a sim card to be use in malacca for a day?
Carosell .
Old 21-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #2653
Supremacy Member

Planning of going Malacca 3d2n. Anyone know any other interesting city to go since 3d2n very short. Thinking of spend total 5-7 days in Malaysia.
Thanks
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 04:51 PM   #2654

Planning of going Malacca 3d2n. Anyone know any other interesting city to go since 3d2n very short. Thinking of spend total 5-7 days in Malaysia.
Thanks
How far are you willing to go? You can always visit KL. Port Dickson 2D1N, maybe?
Old 21-08-2019, 05:28 PM   #2655
Supremacy Member

How far are you willing to go? You can always visit KL. Port Dickson 2D1N, maybe?
Up to penang bah. Port Dickson what nice? btw i'm not driving, will be taking coach.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.