HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #2656

bo pian, only can drive into malacca on a saturday for some matter. via 2nd link. what are the times to avoid? jam start from early morning?
whuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #2657
Supremacy Member

bo pian, only can drive into malacca on a saturday for some matter. via 2nd link. what are the times to avoid? jam start from early morning?
2nd link Sat not so jam, only noon time more Malaysian going back jb.
Andrew833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 03:44 PM   #2658

2nd link Sat not so jam, only noon time more Malaysian going back jb.
thk u very much!
whuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #2659
Supremacy Member

thk u very much!
Check this before you move out https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&r...gF5rDe5mplLBxL
Old 22-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #2660

Up to penang bah. Port Dickson what nice? btw i'm not driving, will be taking coach.
Not sure how easy it will be for you if you do not drive, as Port Dickson is a beach destination with a small town. Likewise for the other small towns, it may not be worth the while to take a coach into, only to find that the attractions are spread out and the coach services are limited. This leaves KL, Ipoh and Penang for you. Will you be traveling alone?
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #2661
Supremacy Member

Not sure how easy it will be for you if you do not drive, as Port Dickson is a beach destination with a small town. Likewise for the other small towns, it may not be worth the while to take a coach into, only to find that the attractions are spread out and the coach services are limited. This leaves KL, Ipoh and Penang for you. Will you be traveling alone?
Will be with my wife. Previously, I did Langkawi, Koh Lipe and Penang. This is easy just flight and ferry.
This time thinking after Malacca, to Seremban then Port Dickson, back to Seremban to KL. Maybe further up to butterworth then to penang island fly back or Ipoh fly back.
Will try to take bus/train/hire driver if too ulu to different town.
I find that 3d2n or 4d3n malacca just to short, prefer around 7 days trip.
Thanks
Old 22-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #2662

Will be with my wife. Previously, I did Langkawi, Koh Lipe and Penang. This is easy just flight and ferry.
This time thinking after Malacca, to Seremban then Port Dickson, back to Seremban to KL. Maybe further up to butterworth then to penang island fly back or Ipoh fly back.
Will try to take bus/train/hire driver if too ulu to different town.
I find that 3d2n or 4d3n malacca just to short, prefer around 7 days trip.
Thanks
With Grab, you should be able to manage. Counter-intuitively, there is no express coach between Malacca and Port Dickson, so you are right to go via Seremban. I actually came across a service between Singapore and PD. Between Seremban and Butterworth and anyplace in-between, you can consider the ETS over coaches. Heck, you may as well take the ETS north to the border. From the border, it takes just an hour to get to Hatyai. You can fly home from there.
Old 23-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #2663
Supremacy Member

With Grab, you should be able to manage. Counter-intuitively, there is no express coach between Malacca and Port Dickson, so you are right to go via Seremban. I actually came across a service between Singapore and PD. Between Seremban and Butterworth and anyplace in-between, you can consider the ETS over coaches. Heck, you may as well take the ETS north to the border. From the border, it takes just an hour to get to Hatyai. You can fly home from there.
Singapore to PD got express bus but I don't think got direct bus from Malacca to PD. I found this website, got many useful information, you can check it out even if you drive or rent a car.

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&r...gCS754vqEaECEr
My draft plan is SG > Malacca > KL > Ipoh > Penang > SG
Will see how to add in PD and Taiping
Habrosus likes this.
Old 23-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #2664

Singapore to PD got express bus but I don't think got direct bus from Malacca to PD. I found this website, got many useful information, you can check it out even if you drive or rent a car.

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&r...gCS754vqEaECEr
My draft plan is SG > Malacca > KL > Ipoh > Penang > SG
Will see how to add in PD and Taiping
There are no direct coaches between Malacca and PD. I strongly recommend the ferry between Butterworth and Georgetown. This way, you can transfer from the train to the ferry which takes you directly to Georgetown instead of Sungei Nibong. I'll take the ferry anytime over the bridge!
If you are visiting Taiping, try to stay within the Lake Gardens.
Old 23-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #2665
Supremacy Member

There are no direct coaches between Malacca and PD. I strongly recommend the ferry between Butterworth and Georgetown. This way, you can transfer from the train to the ferry which takes you directly to Georgetown instead of Sungei Nibong. I'll take the ferry anytime over the bridge!
If you are visiting Taiping, try to stay within the Lake Gardens.
Wow you really very strong in Malaysia towns
I thought the ferry will be slow? I take free shuttle bus from Georgetown to factory outlets in Butterworth before, so I thought of taking bus from the Butterworth bus terminal, then grab to my hotel in Georgetown.

Is Taiping nice for day trip?
Thinking of day trip from KL to Sasaran Beach 沙沙兰天空之镜. You know any tour agent do that?
Old 23-08-2019, 12:49 PM   #2666

Wow you really very strong in Malaysia towns
I thought the ferry will be slow? I take free shuttle bus from Georgetown to factory outlets in Butterworth before, so I thought of taking bus from the Butterworth bus terminal, then grab to my hotel in Georgetown.

Is Taiping nice for day trip?
Thinking of day trip from KL to Sasaran Beach 沙沙兰天空之镜. You know any tour agent do that?
I value the journey over the time spent. The ferry is more interesting, and I'd argue that the traffic between Sungei Nibong and Georgetown can sometimes hold things up.
I'm not sure what is there to do for a day trip to Taiping. Maybe colonial buildings and some nice food.
Klook offers a package that has the Sky Mirror and also the paddy fields of Sekinchan, setting off from KL. The latter was interesting to me.
Old 23-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #2667
Supremacy Member

I value the journey over the time spent. The ferry is more interesting, and I'd argue that the traffic between Sungei Nibong and Georgetown can sometimes hold things up.
I'm not sure what is there to do for a day trip to Taiping. Maybe colonial buildings and some nice food.
Klook offers a package that has the Sky Mirror and also the paddy fields of Sekinchan, setting off from KL. The latter was interesting to me.
Just read that ferry only take about 20 mins, will try it. Thanks.
Klook tour cost S$ 128.79 per pax is very ex.
Old 23-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #2668

Just read that ferry only take about 20 mins, will try it. Thanks.
Klook tour cost S$ 128.79 per pax is very ex.
The Klook tour includes a seafood lunch and 2 other attractions. I suppose you can find other options in KL or online.
Old 23-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #2669
Supremacy Member

The Klook tour includes a seafood lunch and 2 other attractions. I suppose you can find other options in KL or online.
Will check if local tour cheaper since they use rm so should be cheaper
Seafood any where also can eat, important is how the arrangement is done. Since Klook also sub to local tour agent.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.