HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #316
Master Member

thanks! that's useful.

yup i am going to this philea resort..and they charge even higher. approx $150 SGD per pax. thats why i thought of going town for massage.
The room price already can tell the spa @ Philea resort is not cheap.

Normally I took up 4 hours massage (2 hours foot, 2 hours body) to relax with the total damage of RM112. I think this is more worth it than the spa in Malacca.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #317
Master Member

The signboard is big at the side of the building. Remember is at 2nd floor. Ground floor is western food. Last time I went in wrongly.
Ya I think we saw the western food this afternoon... Went there to have dinner earlier ... Ordered pork, chicken and a soup
.... The bill comes up to slightly less than $100 ringgit ... Not cheap but quite reasonable .. The food is good ...

Took a walk to jonker but most shops closed .. Bought some stuff from san shu gong and had durian chendol there .. Their durian chendol sucks ....
May I know which is the good shop for chendol?

Also it seems that there is nothing much to do at night during weekdays in malacca .. Or am I missing something ? Thanks
gt_5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #318
Master Member

Ya I think we saw the western food this afternoon... Went there to have dinner earlier ... Ordered pork, chicken and a soup
.... The bill comes up to slightly less than $100 ringgit ... Not cheap but quite reasonable .. The food is good ...

Took a walk to jonker but most shops closed .. Bought some stuff from san shu gong and had durian chendol there .. Their durian chendol sucks ....

Also it seems that there is nothing much to do at night during weekdays in malacca .. Or am I missing something ? Thanks
Yup, the price for Korean food is around there. I think is value for money because the same food and service in SG will probably cost more than RM100 .

Malacca is a bit quiet during weekdays at night. It depends on what you want to do. You can have some drinks at pubs in Melaka Raya area. If prefer noisy, can go Arena disco at The Jetty (Beside Holiday Inn). There is 名歌餐厅 (Wings) in Melaka Raya too. Also, can consider to catch a movie @ Pahlawan, massage at night or go find street food (luluk satay etc).

San shu gong's chendol is to con tourist de. I think you can find the famous chendol at Jonker Street (somewhere in the middle), the shop also sell nyonya food and kuih. Just ask the local if can't find.

Usually I go Nancy Kitchen to have lunch or dinner, I also order chendol as dessert. Not too bad.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #319
Master Member

For Chendol, try 88 Jonker street. Very crowded compared to 86.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:04 AM   #320
Master Member

Yup, the price for Korean food is around there. I think is value for money because the same food and service in SG will probably cost more than RM100 .

Malacca is a bit quiet during weekdays at night. It depends on what you want to do. You can have some drinks at pubs in Melaka Raya area. If prefer noisy, can go Arena disco at The Jetty (Beside Holiday Inn). There is 名歌餐厅 (Wings) in Melaka Raya too. Also, can consider to catch a movie @ Pahlawan, massage at night or go find street food (luluk satay etc).

San shu gong's chendol is to con tourist de. I think you can find the famous chendol at Jonker Street (somewhere in the middle), the shop also sell nyonya food and kuih. Just ask the local if can't find.

Usually I go Nancy Kitchen to have lunch or dinner, I also order chendol as dessert. Not too bad.
Avoid Capitol Satay. It is a fad. Long queue but food is so-so. Nothing fantastic with peanuts if you have tried the best around the world.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #321
Master Member

Hi anyone knows or can recommend any coaches for returning trip from malacca to singapore?
From Melaka Sentral, take Delima. Red in color and price is super reasonable.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #322
Master Member

Melaka Raya area has many massage outlets. The price is very competitive and some can go as low as RM56 for 2 hours of massage (body or foot) during off peak hour.

If talking about spa package, currently I think only hotels such as Holiday Inn (near swimming pool area), Renaissance, Sri Costa offer such package. The price is not cheap. Last time there was 1 @ Jonker street, next to Nancy Kitchen, but too bad now the shop converted to massage service only.

Take a look the package from Sri Costa:

http://www.hotelsericosta.com/spapromo.htm

Other than the above, pm me
Spoilt for choices. Go in afternoon weekday and you will be surprised of the super deal you get. Very competitive and service is excellent.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #323
Master Member

Avoid Capitol Satay. It is a fad. Long queue but food is so-so. Nothing fantastic with peanuts if you have tried the best around the world.
There is another stall further down from Capitol, in a house on its own, i find that better.
writetodonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #324
Master Member

There is another stall further down from Capitol, in a house on its own, i find that better.
Jalan Ong Kim Wee, can find many shops selling luluk.

Definitely not worth to queue at Capitol.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #325
Master Member

saw that. it is quite empty. sad to say.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #326
Master Member

saw that. it is quite empty. sad to say.
Precisely the reason why it is better
Ample parking lots in front as well.
writetodonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #327
Arch-Supremacy Member

tried Capitol at first trip to Melaka.. shop very small and Q is always long..

subsequently I always patronise Ban Lee Siang satay celup.. place bigger and more variety too!
CPL_Raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #328
Master Member

Yea the price for the Korean BBQ is considered cheap if compared with Singapore ...
Just had chendol at jonker88 .. Very nice and cheap .... Wanted to try the Chung Hwa chicken rice but damn long queue ...
Tonight I am going to try the nonya food at ole sayang

gt_5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #329

yup.. i dun understand why people would queu so long just to try this capitol satay celup..

the funny thing is, the shop from ong kim wee actually open beside capital satay.. overall, i think the stay celup at all places is almost the same.. nothing unique about capitol
Old 10-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #330
Master Member

yup.. i dun understand why people would queu so long just to try this capitol satay celup..

the funny thing is, the shop from ong kim wee actually open beside capital satay.. overall, i think the stay celup at all places is almost the same.. nothing unique about capitol
Singaporeans are pampered with choices and Capitol is a no-no to me. It appeals to those who have no taste buds.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.