HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #331

Hi Friend need some help and advise.
I'm going to Melaka during June with my family, this will be my frist time there.
I don't drive.... plan to go by coach,does any one know about this travel agt ?
http://www.luxury.com.sg/

May i know, How long it take to Melaka.
Going on friday pick up us from SG Concord Hotel at 8am to Melaka (time?).
Back to SG on Sunday from Equatorial Melaka (4:30pm) to SG (time?).

I wish to book from them, by coach and stay in Bayview Hotel Melaka. Is there any shopping mall near by.

Thanks for advise.
skywalker1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #332

Advice: there is no shopping mall within walking distance near the Bayview, but the old market place Bunga Raya is within walking distance. Why do you visit Malacca for its shopping malls, anyway?
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #333

I'm going to Melaka during June with my family, this will be my frist time there.

I wish to book from them, by coach and stay in Bayview Hotel Melaka. Is there any shopping mall near by.

Thanks for advise.
Oh yes, Luxury tours located at Concord hotel level 2. There are a lot of agencies selling packages to Malacca, you may want to look around.

First time to Malacca i will recommend you to stay in Equatorial Hotel or Holiday Inn as most attraction are within walking distance and of course, with a shopping center just beside.

You may want to google the locality map and decide. if you decide to stay at bayview, do note that there is a Nonya restaurant just opposite which serve very nice dishes.
Jaypct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #334
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh yes, Luxury tours located at Concord hotel level 2. There are a lot of agencies selling packages to Malacca, you may want to look around.

First time to Malacca i will recommend you to stay in Equatorial Hotel or Holiday Inn as most attraction are within walking distance and of course, with a shopping center just beside.

You may want to google the locality map and decide. if you decide to stay at bayview, do note that there is a Nonya restaurant just opposite which serve very nice dishes.
yes this is gd recommendation.

i juz got back today from philea resort....rm45 cab fare to and fro to junker street from the resort!

but the resort itself is quite nice. i thought the cab fare is too much as its too far from main town.

i saw equatorial right in the middle of everything. and holiday inn not far away from the shopping malls.
Old 13-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #335
Master Member

yes this is gd recommendation.

i juz got back today from philea resort....rm45 cab fare to and fro to junker street from the resort!

but the resort itself is quite nice. i thought the cab fare is too much as its too far from main town.

i saw equatorial right in the middle of everything. and holiday inn not far away from the shopping malls.
Try to stay near Jonker street itself. Recommend 2 of the best:

1) http://courtyardatheeren.com
2) http://www.majesticmalacca.com

If you stay in Majestic, cross the road and you shall find the stall selling the famous best in town - Roti John. Look for "Puteri Erra" signboard.
Old 13-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #336
Master Member

In fact equatorial hotel, downstairs got 2 major shopping centre. Jonker street I walk there and back one. Crowded area
aileen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #337

Thanks for advise.
the journey from singapore to mlk is around 4 hours, excluding any unexpected jam at the causeway..

actually, you can book hotel by yourself, and take any bus from singapore to malacca, the price range from $20.80 to $25 depending on your preference..
Old 13-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #338
Master Member

In fact equatorial hotel, downstairs got 2 major shopping centre. Jonker street I walk there and back one. Crowded area
Jonker only busy on weekend. weekday ok.
Old 13-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #339
Master Member

I was staying in equatorial last week .. Most convenient IMHO ... Go everywhere by foot ... Walked to jonker takes 10 to 15 mins ...
Palhawan is just a stones' throw away ...

But having stayed at holiday inn 2 years ago I must say that holiday inn has nicer rooms ...but location a further 10 mins away to jonker street ...
gt_5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #340
Master Member

Thanks for advise.
IMHO, try avoid Bayview if you don't drive. If budget is concern, consider Mahkota Hotel, I think shd be around the same rate as compare to Bayview.

http://www.mahkotahotel.com.my/

Malacca is not difficult to F&E.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #341
Master Member

IMHO, try avoid Bayview if you don't drive. If budget is concern, consider Mahkota Hotel, I think shd be around the same rate as compare to Bayview.

http://www.mahkotahotel.com.my/

Malacca is not difficult to F&E.
Avoid Mahkota. Used to be Singaporean favourite but rooms are run down and old. Holiday Inn is much much better for the same price.
Old 13-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #342
Master Member

Avoid Mahkota. Used to be Singaporean favourite but rooms are run down and old. Holiday Inn is much much better for the same price.
If budget Ok, of course Holiday Inn is much much better. I do not think the price is the same for both. Different category.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #343

AGREE, AVIOD Mahkota....... really run down....

Anyone know if the BAN of smoking in Malacca started ?
zavolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #344
Master Member

If budget Ok, of course Holiday Inn is much much better. I do not think the price is the same for both. Different category.
warned u. sleep with croaches.
Old 16-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #345

My opinion on the hotels in melaka
1. Equitorial hotel, near to historical places like A famosa, shopping center like Dataran Pahlawan and mahkota parade. I think equitorial hotel is the best location where you can shop, hang out with Pub, sight seeing
2. Holiday Inn & Mahkota - near to Mahkota shopping center which is just opposite..
3. City baview - Nothing interesting around there
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.