Question about Malacca

Garlic & Butter

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
avoid Delima.. suay if u kena their 40-seater buses.. plenty of breaks.. the break tat YP/AI is dreadfully long also

Konsortium (from singapore) is a no-no.. takes 5.5 hours for a 240km ride from beach road to malacca sentral.. buses travel slowly at 80-90 along NS highway
-_-

Last edited:

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks!
Is it near to those popular eateries?

Any spacious, comfortable buses to recommend?

Hatten is between Dataran pahlawan and Mahkota parade. It has the best location in the whole of malacca IMO.

For express bus, try 707, not bad.

amooos

Reaction score
avoid Delima.. suay if u kena their 40-seater buses.. plenty of breaks.. the break tat YP/AI is dreadfully long also

Konsortium (from singapore) is a no-no.. takes 5.5 hours for a 240km ride from beach road to malacca sentral.. buses travel slowly at 80-90 along NS highway
-_-

Thanks for all the advice:)

I checked 707's bus schedule, it says that they leave from Queen's street JB bus terminal. I walk pass there everyday and have never seen a 707 bus picking people up there. I thought it was golden mile?

Seems like it's either Luxury or 707. 707 is $10 bucks cheaper for a return ticket but drops at melaka central.

Any further advice? THANKS!

amooos

Reaction score
and my previous experience with Luxury is that to melaka, it's actually a drop off on the way to KL. They'll turn into a toll way before melaka and take a back route through the palm plantations.

not sure if that's the norm...

buswhiz

Reaction score

-_-
All Delima bus comes with 40 seaters, so far, 707 express, S&S Express provides super VIP 27 seaters

buswhiz

Reaction score
and my previous experience with Luxury is that to melaka, it's actually a drop off on the way to KL. They'll turn into a toll way before melaka and take a back route through the palm plantations.

not sure if that's the norm...
this is definite not a norm, the reason they do this because they do not have enough passenger loading, so they combine both Malacca and KL passenger. I guess is the KL passenger that is very unhappy because it takes longer than the normal journey

amooos

Reaction score
this is definite not a norm, the reason they do this because they do not have enough passenger loading, so they combine both Malacca and KL passenger. I guess is the KL passenger that is very unhappy because it takes longer than the normal journey

I called both Luxury and 707 today,

1. Luxury stops by Yong Peng. I called and the staff told me. So future travelers do take note. FYI :)
2. 707 goes straight to melaka, so on the advice of forumers, I will most likely go with 707:) but I might take luxury on the way back coz 707 departs at 2 and Luxury departs at 430. With Holiday Inn's late checkout deal now, make full use!

amooos

Reaction score
Hangout at Jonker and Puri Hotel. Hangout has a branch in Singapore at MT Emily. Or the other one is courtyard@heeren.

Anyway these are just suggestions of hotels I found during my research for this melaka trip. Haven't stayed at those hotels before.

siao mei

Reaction score
Equatorial hotel vs Holiday inn?
Which is better in terms of location? Are they near each other?

siao mei

Reaction score
Any food to recommended nearby equatorial and holiday inn?
We just have one day and Dunn want to miss the famous food.

OKCATYEON

Banned
Reaction score
Equatorial hotel vs Holiday inn?
Which is better in terms of location? Are they near each other?

Equatorial.

Holiday have to cross a busy expressway to get to mahkota parade.

Currently, the hotel with the best location is Hatten malacca.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.