HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #751
Banned

i managed to locate Hattel Hotel via Garmin!

Not searching by Hattel Hotel but via the building name...

Hatten Square Suites....

looking forward to my first drive in to melaka this month end!

Been there on last month. You could seen Hatten when you drive along Jln Merdeka. If you have updated map, you could locate it on your garmin map.

Enjoy !
ishoppersmarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #752
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just back with my gf over the weekend from malacca and stayed at hatten hotel. Room was big with 2 tv sets but no wifi in room.
Staff's service was poor. Guess becasue they have manpower shortage.
And the thing that made me mad is they only let me checked in at 4pm!!!!
Stayed there in august. Check in at 2pm, long queue during check in. After queueing for 1 hour they say room not ready until 5. At 5 we go back hotel check in still need queue for 45mins.

Lots of those property agents inside the hotel lobby pestering you.

The lighting in the hotel is awful, looks more like an office building than a hotel.

Check out took 45minutes.

Swore never to stay there again.

Will stay at holiday inn next time or back to the usual equatorial.
OKCATYEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #753

Its true, Hatten is one of the cheapest hotels with good location. So cannot really cry F cry M.
They dont have wifi in the room only cable internet. Wah lau. These days, we use tablets leh, give me cable for wat???!!!

I tried casa and equatorial. Not really keen in Holiday Inn. My girl said its too far from the shopping zone.

I never heard of harbour inn wor, will check out. Thanks!

Not sure why it was that case as I asked the hotel and the Check-in time is From 2:00 PM they told me wireless is available.
But at S$86 really can't complain too much (Price from Here valid as at Dec 18)

Nonetheless you can try these the next time

Holiday Inn Melaka from S$97

Or the Beautiful

Casa del Rio Melaka from S$168

and the economical

Harbour Inn from S$30
machomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #754

5PM then check in?? I would have thrown my stinkie shoes at them liow.
Yep, Im gg to boycott Hatten.

Stayed there in august. Check in at 2pm, long queue during check in. After queueing for 1 hour they say room not ready until 5. At 5 we go back hotel check in still need queue for 45mins.

The lighting in the hotel is awful, looks more like an office building than a hotel.

machomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #755
Banned

For me check-in took about 30min settle even long Q that day with around 10 person.

ishoppersmarketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #756

I went to Melaka last weekend.

Stayed in Hangout @ Jonker. The room is consider satisfactory. But at night, you will hear a lot of noises as the hotel is near to the road.

I noticed that the people there like the song "Gangnam style". I heard this song whenever i go, and most of the trishaws playing this song too.

As for food,
i) Chicken Rice Ball - Recommend Chung Wah. Hoe Kee Chicken and Rice Ball not as good as Chung Wah.
ii) Mille Crepe - Must try! Taste good!
iii) Jonker 88 - Laksa and Cendol must try.
iv) Satay Celup - Ban Lee Hiang <- Long queue. You will notice that the other two satay celup shops got no customers at all despite same row as Ban Lee Hiang. However, we don't feel anything special with the satay celup. But, found that its unhygiene to dine there.
yiivei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #757
d3n
High Supremacy Member

so jialat?
Old 19-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #758

Sounds awfully bad service there... Hmm... Of course the all round tried and tested EQUATORIAL never fails me as I do my annual CNY exodus to Melaka. Holiday Inn is nice too with good price but the location is not that great. If you wanna head to Mahkota you gotta cross a busy 4 way road with an overpass next to it. Very challenging and if you have kids ... RISKY!... So it's kind of in an odd location. Too near to drive but too inconvenient to walk... But it's secluded near a nice jetty so for R&R definitely.. for shopping makan... you better drive even though you can walk.

For a Food Map OF Melaka with food pictures and exact location see this:

FOOD MAP OF MELAKA

Hotel Equatorial Melaka S$98
Holiday Inn Melaka S$97

Last edited by tiowher; 19-12-2012 at 05:02 PM..
tiowher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #759
Supremacy Member

so jialat?
Hatten was quite jialat. I was there last month.

I checked in about 5pm, no much people, but still queue for 30 mins. Only 2 staffs at the counter.

The renovation at lobby was still going on, noise was loud and my ears cannot take it while in the queue.

The morning breakfast was chaotic, if you are late, the queue can be extended to lift lobby. The queue for restaurant and lift passengers all bump together. I guess probably 50-100 pax in the queue when the time I left the restaurant about 9am+.

Look at the situation, I quickly packed and check out knowing that the official check out time will be another round of mess.

Other than the new room and location, nothing is fantastic.
greenhse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #760
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sounds awfully bad service there... Hmm... Of course the all round tried and tested EQUATORIAL never fails me as I do my annual CNY exodus to Melaka. Holiday Inn is nice too with good price but the location is not that great. If you wanna head to Mahkota you gotta cross a busy 4 way road with an overpass next to it. Very challenging and if you have kids ... RISKY!... So it's kind of in an odd location. Too near to drive but too inconvenient to walk... But it's secluded near a nice jetty so for R&R definitely.. for shopping makan... you better drive even though you can walk.

For a Food Map OF Melaka with food pictures and exact location see this:

FOOD MAP OF MELAKA

Hotel Equatorial Melaka S$98
Holiday Inn Melaka S$97
The only reason why i would stay at HI over equatorial is because i am an intercontinental priority club member can claim points.

Corporate rate for equatorial is 300myr a night, i like the club facilities.
OKCATYEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #761
Supremacy Member

Hatten's location is great for those who wants to shop and watch movie as it is right smack btn two shopping complexes.. I didnt stay at Hatten's though.. Walk from Hatten's to Jonker is pretty near.. Enjoyed my trip albeit a little too short due to massive jams at both customs and slow coach.. Thanks all for helping me with my questions! Definitely going to do a longer trip soon.. 3D 2N would be just nice.. my 2D (reached abt 5pm, departed at 7pm) 1N too short!
babyrobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #762

Went to Melaka on Monday, wanted to eat mee sua and laksa at two different kopitiam but they both closed after 3pm. Hence, weekdays better go early to eat.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #763
Master Member

The Mille crepe at datawan has shifted to mahkota parade.
Take note because I could not find it when I was there yesterday and walked all the way to the original branch.
Soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #764
Master Member

I went to Melaka last weekend.

Stayed in Hangout @ Jonker. The room is consider satisfactory. But at night, you will hear a lot of noises as the hotel is near to the road.

I noticed that the people there like the song "Gangnam style". I heard this song whenever i go, and most of the trishaws playing this song too.
It is not they like. It is because you and the tourists like.

They hate it so much after playing this lousy stupid song over 1 month.
Old 21-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #765
Master Member

They have a renovation for a year after opening. everything fails QA on opening day so more work to be done. better for economy because 105% employment.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.