Question about Malacca

temasekcity

Master Member
Reaction score
is the food there handled with proper hygiene?? my friend's child have diarrhea after first meal there at malacca on the first day. i may have a little paranoid but just need some review on it.

Not melacca. Remember where you have your breakfast on the way there?

Yes, you are right. Stop going there this time round and no more diarrhea.

sammy888

Reaction score
Heading up to Malacca next week. Hopefully the haze is not going to be a problem. Booked in Hatten hotel and hopefully what I hear about it is not that bad. Thought it was okay but from some of the stories here.. not sure if true or competition come in to pour cold water. So to make matters a little easier....

given a choice which coach to take since I know VIP double deckers are out... Luxury (heard aging buses), Konsortium (heard notorius before but has since improve a lot) or WTS (quite neutral but how comfortable are the bus and their seats.) as I want to have them stop at Hatten or Equatorial.

TIA.

Mermories

Reaction score
Actually i think the difference in the companies aint big.
Should be alright to have any one of them.

The haze is improving! ^^ have an enjoyable trip :p

continuum

Reaction score
Heading up to Malacca next week. Hopefully the haze is not going to be a problem. Booked in Hatten hotel and hopefully what I hear about it is not that bad. Thought it was okay but from some of the stories here.. not sure if true or competition come in to pour cold water. So to make matters a little easier....

given a choice which coach to take since I know VIP double deckers are out... Luxury (heard aging buses), Konsortium (heard notorius before but has since improve a lot) or WTS (quite neutral but how comfortable are the bus and their seats.) as I want to have them stop at Hatten or Equatorial.

TIA.
I took Konsortium and stayed at Hatten recently. Just set your expectations low because service is almost non-existent for both. I didn't encounter any problem, so I was fairly satisfied.

Hatten's breakfast is great though. I really enjoyed it. Their rooms are good as well. Just don't expect much from their service and you should be fine.

sammy888

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.. folks

Nah no expectation. Just want to make sure no surprises. I am not the type that stays in the hotel all day and lay about making room service.

It is just a bed and a room for me. I was hoping to book the Majestic which would have been awesome but totally booked out and so was that other one near Jonker.

I hope the ride is at least half decent and relatively clean. Usually I take the doubledecker as SUPER VIP coach are only available for trips to KL like my favorite Transtar or Aeroline.

Was in Penang for a few days.. now those are nice hotels especially the Heritage ones like Cheong Fatt Tze and 23 Lover Hotel.

First time to Malacca for a stay this time usually pass it by. So been doing some research. Seem very hard to press them down to some decent photos of the coaches so that I can know what to expect. hehe...

chilla18

Reaction score
Hi all I will be heading up to Malacca this weekend can check if the haze is very bad there as I heard from news it is bad there.

buswhiz

Reaction score
What I know today PSI is good, it really depend on the wind direction.. Last Saturday was good, then Sunday was bad.. it all depend on wind direction

duh123

Reaction score
Just got back, was there from 20-22, Haze getting worse progressively. Not sure how it compares to home though.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Well, Muar and Ledang districts are in a state of emergency due to the haze, and getting to Malacca means passing through. Malacca is not far better off, and the devil is in the wind.

holidayforever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, Muar and Ledang districts are in a state of emergency due to the haze, and getting to Malacca means passing through. Malacca is not far better off, and the devil is in the wind.

My friend just came back from Malacca, she said today is quite hazy...

sammy888

Reaction score
Wah piang... looks like my booking the hotel for the trip 2 weeks back was not timed well... Booked for this Thursday and it looks like too late to get a cancellation without losing money on the hotel and coach. Trying to see if I can change the dates without losing any part of my payment via credit card.

To wish the haze away from there .... would mean it blows towards Singapore. Damn if I do..damn if I don't.. damn Indonesia. And Damn Peter Lim.

Last edited:

putmefirst

Reaction score
Wah piang... looks like my booking the hotel for the trip 2 weeks back was not timed well... Booked for this Thursday and it looks like too late to get a cancellation without losing money on the hotel and coach. Trying to see if I can change the dates without losing any part of my payment via credit card.

To wish the haze away from there .... would mean it blows towards Singapore. Damn if I do..damn if I don't.. damn Indonesia. And Damn Peter Lim.

Ask for postponement. Usually travel agent allow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.