HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #796
Master Member

My friend told me they chiong all the way? no rest stops? How was your experience with them?
as long as the bus is relatively comfy and brings me to my destination I'm happy. delima is one of the companies that I take.
Denikeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 12:11 AM   #797

They have a 5 to 10min toilet break along the highway..
Ok that would be great!

as long as the bus is relatively comfy and brings me to my destination I'm happy. delima is one of the companies that I take.
Ok! Thank I'll give them a try. Do they stop at the bus terminal?
apex84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #798

Haha! Later I better check my email again! Anyway do u drive there or travel by coach? Got any good coach companies to recommend? I look around and Delima seems to be pretty cheap, but dont know safe or not
Delima is 40 seaters.Those $23~25 lesser seats about 21 so less crowded.
testwater2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #799

Ok that would be great!

Ok! Thank I'll give them a try. Do they stop at the bus terminal?
U book online and they will indicates where the pickup point and destination is.(usually is Malacca Sentral which is the interchange)
testwater2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #800
Master Member

Just updated my blog with a favourite haunt of all Singaporeans - Nancy's Kitchen!

All in all, it's affordable and great tasting food; family friendly too. But it's too crowded on weekends and you may have to arrange for reservations.

When i was there, I had to find my own seats and settle down, after which the waitress will come immediately to take your order. Don't expect a host to get you seated unless you have reservations.

Also, adjust your expectations as well. I expected too much but it turned out to be just simple homecook fare, and it costs like homecook fare too.

Can always try it out, but I think there are more exotic stuff to try in Melaka.

Visited Melaka last week and felt obliged to start a blog to detail the eating experience there.. I'm still building it so here's some shameless self-plugging:
Gary's Yay or Nay

Hope it helps to some extend!
Soule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #801

Dont forget the crazy queue long waiting Hassanís Mee Goreng (Mee Bodoh) at Jalan Tengkera
tiowher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #802

Dont forget the crazy queue long waiting Hassanís Mee Goreng (Mee Bodoh) at Jalan Tengkera
haha mee bodoh..funny name..looks simple but appetizing
albertoremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #803
d3n
High Supremacy Member

back from my first drive trip to Melaka! will post more. rest first.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #804

Delima will drop at Melaka Sentral
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #805
d3n
High Supremacy Member

back from my first drive trip to Melaka! will post more. rest first.
Some FR from me.

This is my first drive trip to Melaka.

29/12 - Set off from my place around 620-630am. Reached Melaka around 1000-1015am. Was driving constantly on the left lane along NSH at 110-120 speed. But on and off will overtake from the right when I come across slow vehicles or coach/trucks. Drive is smooth and easy following the GPS (Garmin) direction. Did 2 10 min stop over along the way to go for toilet break. Not much jam along the way.

I stayed at Hatten Hotel for this trip, overall the hotel is very good. Only complain is the lift is super super slow... and no in room WIFI. Check in is pretty fast and I got the room at 1030am since happens so got a room available. No need to wait till afternoon.

Did the usual tourist stuff, visited Jonker street, tried the chengdol and chicken riceball (the super long queue on just at the entrance of the bridge to Jonker street). Find the chicken so so but riceball is good.

Damage - RM 23 or 25 I think for half a chicken.

Bought some white coffee in a cup from San Shu Gong to hotel to drink.

Tried to go to Portugese Settlement to shoot some sunset shot before trying the BBQ seafood but the GPS showed me a wrong path (not accessible), end up missed the sunset shot although did a blue hour shot.

Damage - RM 66
usermanual and apex84 like this.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #806
d3n
High Supremacy Member

30/12 - Again did some tourist stuff to visit some old church and attractions along the way. Found 3 cute kittens at St Paul Church.

Met up with my gf's friend and her bf (malaysian staying in Melaka), brought us go try Nadeje Cake and a local satay stall (forget to take pics), quite nice, the satay sauce quite watery and with pineapple (can really taste the pineapple). Was introduce by her bf that we should try Big Nyonya (used to be known as Kenny's Delight) for perankan food. So we tried it in the evening and I really like the sambal prawns! Will definitely come back here for the perankan food again.

Not a cake person but this cake made of layers of crepe is really very nice! Damage - RM 9.90

Damage - RM 67
apex84 likes this.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #807
d3n
High Supremacy Member

31/12 - Time to go back sillypore. Had dim sum + bah kuh teh introduce by gf friend's bf.

Did some last min shopping. Wanted to try Ban Lee Siang Satay Celup but not open yet... so drive down to Bei Zhan but missed their lunch hour... so in the end tried a Korean food near Bei Zhan.

Drove back to Sillypore around 3+pm and reached Sillypore ard 720-730pm. Was raining heavily in some parts of the journey and traffic is slower compared to first day but still smooth although got more cars on the road.

Overall experience? GOOD! I will do another road trip to Melaka again.
usermanual and apex84 like this.

Last edited by d3n; 02-01-2013 at 12:02 PM..
d3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #808

hey ppl,

I'm thinking of doing a weekend trip to melaka 19-20jan.. just a few qns on the transport

it is advisable to travel via sg-melaka or sg-larkin-melaka?

I read that it is much cheaper to go via sg-larkin-melaka, but I'm afraid that I might not be able to get the larkin-melaka tics. May i know what are the bus companies offering the services from larkin-melaka? Should i pre-book in advance or buy on the spot at larkin?

for the return trip, I should buy the melaka-sg bus tics when I reach melaka sentral right? price is ~22rm?

many thx in advance!
__CcW__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #809

hey ppl,

I'm thinking of doing a weekend trip to melaka 19-20jan.. just a few qns on the transport

it is advisable to travel via sg-melaka or sg-larkin-melaka?

I read that it is much cheaper to go via sg-larkin-melaka, but I'm afraid that I might not be able to get the larkin-melaka tics. May i know what are the bus companies offering the services from larkin-melaka? Should i pre-book in advance or buy on the spot at larkin?

for the return trip, I should buy the melaka-sg bus tics when I reach melaka sentral right? price is ~22rm?

many thx in advance!
Hi, it will be much cheaper if you go to Larkin and buy ticket. However, please remember to buy tickets from reputable bus companies such as Delima Express, KKKL Express. Normally for JB departure, you can buy on the spot, but please be there earlier to avoid the bus to be sold out earlier. As you are returning on Sunday, normally the bus will be full 1 to 2 weeks before departure, you are advised to buy much earlier for return ticket. Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #810

how is the korean food? Is it nice? From what i know, its a newly open restaurant
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.