Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #76

Provide 2 Drop Off Point Every 2 hrs
1) Clock Tower
2) Pahlawan Melaka Megamall
Going to stay at Holiday Inn Malacca next month, thanks for the info/tips.
isky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 09:50 PM   #77

actually u will be better off trying to walk to clock tower or plahlawan mall. Its only a short distance from holiday inn.
weehong21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 10:10 PM   #78

actually u will be better off trying to walk to clock tower or plahlawan mall. Its only a short distance from holiday inn.
Is shortest way. Is quite difficult to cross the road there
All car driving at high speed
ccssgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #79
Master Member

Is shortest way. Is quite difficult to cross the road there
All car driving at high speed
If not a risk taker, from Holiday Inn walk further up to cross the road under the overhead bridge, then walk back/down again from opposite direction. This way is a bit far but safe.

But normally ppl chiong.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #80

I go with my family, so never take the risk.
Old 17-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #81

well there is actually a traffic light 5 mins walk towards the Mahkota hotel direction
Old 17-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #82

Just came back from malacca.
Stayed at Sri Costa.
I think the only good thing about this hotel is the location. It's just opp holiday inn.
I don't think i will stay in this hotel again.
Its room stinks with cigratte smell, no refrigerator, "grey coloured" dirty bedsheets, stain dotted pillow cases. Even the room main door was spoilt.
Their customer service also sucks. The staffs were rude and it's as if we are begging for them for parking coupons to park in front of their hotel. We ended up buying a $RM5 day parking coupon instead...

Well, hotel aside, we tried the Chung Hwa chicken rice (coffee shop opp OCBC bank).
That's the famous one, according to my relatives there.
We tried going to Capitol satay steamboat but was too crowded. It opens at 5pm, so if you want to try, you will need to queue up early esp weekend.
The chendol at megamall "San Shu Kong" was very nice.
Do try it if you are there.
TaZ_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 10:10 AM   #83

I second ur opinion that Seri Costa sucks. I kena summon when i was there for parking at the wrong place. Apparently, there were just a few lot which the hotel guest could use while checking in. I was summon RM30 for parking at the wrong place while just checking into the hotel...(less than 10 mins)...

The hotel room are also not fantastic....Like TazMan said, the only good thing is the location, but it can get a bit dark at night.
Old 17-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #84
Master Member

i was staying at the baba house.. is pretty cosy and nice
very near to jonker.
what i like about it is that, since u are there...must hv the feeling of it. staying at hotel are too normal

Bloggie: Http://Ms-Crappislogist.blogspot.com
LuffingQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #85

I second ur opinion that Seri Costa sucks. I kena summon when i was there for parking at the wrong place. Apparently, there were just a few lot which the hotel guest could use while checking in. I was summon RM30 for parking at the wrong place while just checking into the hotel...(less than 10 mins)...

The hotel room are also not fantastic....Like TazMan said, the only good thing is the location, but it can get a bit dark at night.
Yap, traffic police and car park "enforcers" (aka fatimah of our HDB car parks) there are super onz!!! We can see one every turn. They usually wear green colour vests. It's something that I really didn't expect esp in malaysia. But, I think that is needed because of the horrible traffic there. If I go there again, I think I'll spend a bit more to stay either at equatorial or holiday inn. It's walkable distance to megamall and jonker street and the rooms are in good condition. Just park the car there and walk around town.
TaZ_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #86

I am planning to go to Malacca on 21 dec. It's a Monday. Do you guys think it's safe to go without room reservation? I am indeed planning taking the express bus from Larkin to save the cost. I hope it's going to be fine
macedez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #87

taking bus from larkin on monday, should be no problem as there are plenty of buses.. like Delima, KKKL, 707, S&S, Mayang Sari, cepat sedia

How long do you intend to stay in malacca? monday booking of hotel should be fine.. ({not public holiday)
Old 14-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #88

Hearsay Holiday Inn is so popular with sporean that most dates are fully booked. Better check before you go.
Old 14-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #89

Yap, traffic police and car park "enforcers" (aka fatimah of our HDB car parks) there are super onz!!! We can see one every turn. They usually wear green colour vests. It's something that I really didn't expect esp in malaysia. But, I think that is needed because of the horrible traffic there. If I go there again, I think I'll spend a bit more to stay either at equatorial or holiday inn. It's walkable distance to megamall and jonker street and the rooms are in good condition. Just park the car there and walk around town.
I kenna a summon RM30 without display a valid coupon. My kaki told me no need pay the fine de.
Old 14-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #90

I kenna a summon RM30 without display a valid coupon. My kaki told me no need pay the fine de.
No need to pay ?
In future U drive in
JB custom stop U
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.