HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #1111

Any mooncakes stall selling there already?
ses009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #1112

Trip Advice

Planning on going to Malacca 6-8Sep via free-and-easy tour booking.
Not sure which hotel is better. Hatton, Equatorial or Makhota?
I will need a coach seat also. So I guess best is to travel on the free-and-easy coach+hotel package.
It's more expensive for Single traveller, but I guess works out the same when it's twin room, since both travelling have to pay.

Which tour agency is best to choose?
Also, which hotel is nearest Jonker Street?
I will be booking 3days2nights. So I hope the walk to and from Jonker street won't be too far and tiring so that I can maximise my 2 nights in Malacca.

Thanks for your advice!
kmlimgmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #1113

Smile

I will need a coach seat also. So I guess best is to travel on the free-and-easy coach+hotel package.
It's more expensive for Single traveller, but I guess works out the same when it's twin room, since both travelling have to pay.

I will be booking 3days2nights. So I hope the walk to and from Jonker street won't be too far and tiring so that I can maximise my 2 nights in Malacca.

Thanks for your advice!
Hi...

We just came back after National Day holiday. We booked a last mins stay in Bayview Hotel for 3D2N as all the hotels are fully booked. However, we still prefer to stay in Equatorial as it is so much convenient to walk around.
blueberry_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #1114

Smile

Just enter 1 of the poi will do. If you are using Garmin, download their Malacca poi. Parking there will be a headache. Do some reach on what is good to eat n buy. If you plan to buy jury back, remember to keep it cool else it will turn sour. When driving home n if time permit, you can drop by Yong Peng or muar to buy the famous ah mei or A class otak.
Hi...

Thks for ur info...In fact, we didn't drive our car up there but used a malaysian guy's car to come & picked us up instead to save all the trouble. Luckily we didn't drove up on 8/8 as it was quite jam. We took abt 1hr to clear Malaysia custom.

Our driver drove us to Yong Peng, one of the famous fishball noodles shop for lunch. It was also very crowded too.
blueberry_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #1115

Makhota is no no I heard.
You might want try Courtyard@Heeren, it is at Jonker area.

Thanks for your advice!
ses009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #1116

Hi all i am going to melaka next month with 9 adults and 2 children.
Its my first time organising a family trip and i am so stressed up on what coaches and hotels to choose from and places to go. I planned to book 4 days 3 night from Thursday - Sat. I reckon it wouldnt be too long as first day to check in will already be later afternoon ard 4pm.

Some questions are,
1) Coaches.. I have a few list on hand but i just cant make up my mind. They are:-
  • Delima (which has accident reported before but saw good reviews too)
  • Five Star (Dad booked before)
  • Konsortium (Singapore). This was recommended by easibook
  • Luxury (Heard good reviews too)
  • My main concerns are the safety and time. Average speed but safe. And what is the average travelling time too?
  • Does the 2 kids (aged 7 & 3) need a seat themselves too?

2) Hotel.. It is super headache because its hard to find a room where i can squeeze 3 people in a room, thats according to most hotel booking site. 1 mum & 2 sons. Even if i secretly bring 1 in but the breakfast buffet may be a problem.
  • Hatten Hotel (Good reviews, but crowded, i heard. 2 person max per room. Good price)
  • Equatorial (Good reviews, expensive. 2 person max per room)
  • Holiday Inn (Good reviews, price reasonable, can have officailly more people. BUT its acrosse the road so bringing kids around may be dangerous and troublesome.)

Please help!!!! T.T
hwling88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #1117
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all i am going to melaka next month with 9 adults and 2 children.
Its my first time organising a family trip and i am so stressed up on what coaches and hotels to choose from and places to go. I planned to book 4 days 3 night from Thursday - Sat. I reckon it wouldnt be too long as first day to check in will already be later afternoon ard 4pm.

Some questions are,
1) Coaches.. I have a few list on hand but i just cant make up my mind. They are:-
  • Delima (which has accident reported before but saw good reviews too)
  • Five Star (Dad booked before)
  • Konsortium (Singapore). This was recommended by easibook
  • Luxury (Heard good reviews too)
  • My main concerns are the safety and time. Average speed but safe. And what is the average travelling time too?
  • Does the 2 kids (aged 7 & 3) need a seat themselves too?

2) Hotel.. It is super headache because its hard to find a room where i can squeeze 3 people in a room, thats according to most hotel booking site. 1 mum & 2 sons. Even if i secretly bring 1 in but the breakfast buffet may be a problem.
  • Hatten Hotel (Good reviews, but crowded, i heard. 2 person max per room. Good price)
  • Equatorial (Good reviews, expensive. 2 person max per room)
  • Holiday Inn (Good reviews, price reasonable, can have officailly more people. BUT its acrosse the road so bringing kids around may be dangerous and troublesome.)

Please help!!!! T.T
That time i took 707, to and fro was $70 Hotel i stayed at Dreamz Hotel, it is a small boutique hotel, got a room with 2 beds and 4 of us adults stayed in the room... Walking distance to the mall Makota Parade..
Old 21-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #1118

Thanks for the reply!! I briefing read up about it, good that it has family room! But there aint any swiming pools to enjoy though. If thats the case is 4D 3N abit too long?
Old 22-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #1119

Thanks for the reply!! I briefing read up about it, good that it has family room! But there aint any swiming pools to enjoy though. If thats the case is 4D 3N abit too long?
Food glorious food..
If you like food... much away 3 nights just nice!!!
1 day Chinese 1 day Peranakan 1 day malay food

Food Map In Melaka
tiowher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #1120

Hello! Just want to check jonker street is really closed/ closing?

Now go, weekend still got jonker street anot. Thinking of going before it closed

Which hotel is the most accessible/nearer to jonker so that we don have to worry about parking lots there.
joanneklx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #1121

Jonker street is still open.. hotel puri is just behind jonker street, or hardrock cafe hotel as well
Old 22-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #1122

Hello! Just want to check jonker street is really closed/ closing?

Now go, weekend still got jonker street anot. Thinking of going before it closed

Which hotel is the most accessible/nearer to jonker so that we don have to worry about parking lots there.

If you want clean cheap and good RIGHT on Jonker try

Hangout at Jonker
19 & 21 Lorong Hang Jebat, Malacca, Malaysia

For Classier hotel yet near Jonker consider

Casa del Rio Melaka
Jalan Kota Laksamana

Last edited by tiowher; 22-08-2013 at 11:45 AM..
tiowher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #1123

Anybody tired delima express coach before? Is it safe n good??
Old 22-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #1124

Anybody tired delima express coach before? Is it safe n good??
Good as delima is the only coach which never stop at Yong Peng.
wildkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #1125

Good as delima is the only coach which never stop at Yong Peng.
Err, a bit inaccurate, Starmart also dun stop at Yong Peng.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.