HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about Malacca

Like Tree185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #106
Arch-Supremacy Member

between mahkota, bayview and equatorial hotel which one is more preferred? thanks.
evets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #107

for me, 1. equitorial, 2, mahkota, 3. city bayview
equitorial is very near to historical landmark like A Famosa, walking distance to Carrefour, jonker street.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #108
Master Member

between mahkota, bayview and equatorial hotel which one is more preferred? thanks.
It depends...

If want walking distance to shopping --> equatoria follow by mahkota
If budget concern --> mahkota or bayview; equatoria is not cheap
If go with big family --> mahkota 2 or 3 rooms apt
If dun like traffic jam and shopping --> bayview
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #109

Just got back from Malacca, stayed at Holiday Inn. The room, staff and even car park is good, nothing to complain abt.

Mahkota hotel may be bigger and look more grand on the outside but I've stayed there before and the place needs to be refurbished soon.

Equatoria is well located, though slightly exp for a not-so-new hotel, think will try it next time for its good location.

Haven't been to Malacca for a few years and so was surprised to find some new attractions like the sky tower, the 'Malacca Flyer', the duck tour, the jetty and even the Dataran Pahlawan megamall is new to me

Like the locals, very friendly. But hate the traffic, it's getting worse.
isky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #110

i agree, the traffic is very bad, especially aroound melaka raya.. i think that weekend have a lot of wedding going on, that's why very jam and pack..

To me, Melaka is still a very nice place and come with nice food =)
Old 01-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #111

You will notice who are contributing a lot to the crowds and traffic problem? Singaporeans.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #112
Master Member

You will notice who are contributing a lot to the crowds and traffic problem? Singaporeans.
I dun think so laa. SG car just kacang putih nia. I noticed many cars are from other states of M'sia. The main culprit is poor planning skill on traffic flow around that area.
valeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #113

not only singaporeans, other state also.. during long holidays, you will notice the highway coming down fromKL to MLK is very jam.. so, i think other states also contibute to the traffic
Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #114

I dun think so laa. SG car just kacang putih nia. I noticed many cars are from other states of M'sia. The main culprit is poor planning skill on traffic flow around that area.
I totally agree with this.
isky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #115

Before the Little Nonya craze, Malacca did not feature so much in the travel plans of ordinary Singaporeans. Now, even the coffeeshop auntie talks about visiting. Malacca is my second home. My associates in Malacca and myself cannot help but notice. For example, the number of Peranakan restaurants mushroomed to 15 at last count, in the matter of months, from just 3. Other Malaysians have always been visiting Malacca. There was no sudden phenomenon like the one brought about by Little Nonya on Singaporeans. Of course most cars are from other parts of Malaysia. I will be worried otherwise.
Similarly, the popularity of budget airlines brought cities like Bangkok and HCMC to more Singaporeans than before. Does MBK not resemble Plaza Singapura more and more?
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #116
Supremacy Member

guys, is it cheaper by booking online or thru agency for 3D2N? Sat - Mon..
KoChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #117

sorry pal. how to arrange malacca trip from singapore. 5star tour agency huh. what the way to self org and read more about malacca. Thanks.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #118

sorry pal. how to arrange malacca trip from singapore. 5star tour agency huh. what the way to self org and read more about malacca. Thanks.
Read from Post 1 of this thread and you shall have your answer... or use google.
Chengster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #119

thank you. however i check with hotel puri and they only have superior room which cost rm184nett. do you think it is worth it??

kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #120

guys, is it cheaper by booking online or thru agency for 3D2N? Sat - Mon..
I aso just came back from Malacca for 3D2N trip. Overall, it was quite fun. So many yrs didnt went since young time till now. During this trip, we booked under a F&E trip for 3D2N for $165+ inclusive of 2 daily bfast stay at Equatorial Hotel. Not bad...
blueberry_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.