www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Malaysia (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/malaysia-269/)
-   -   Question about Malacca (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/malaysia-269/question-about-malacca-2012210.html)

chiusa 30-06-2008 06:41 AM

Question about Malacca
 
I will go to Malacca in July. Got a few questions. Please help me.

1. I want to take coach from Johor to Malacca. My plan is early morning take taxi to Kranji MRT, take 970 to bus station in Johor then buy coach ticket to Malacca. I want to reach Malacca before 1 pm. What time do you think that I can start from Kranji? Are there many coaches to Malacca in the morning?

2. Can you please recommend me a budget place for 1 night in Malacca?

3. My plan is staying in Malacca for 1 night. Do you have some recommended places to go in afternoon, evening and the next morning? where to eat lunch, dinner?

Waiting for your advices.

valeon 30-06-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiusa (Post 30967931)
I will go to Malacca in July. Got a few questions. Please help me.

1. I want to take coach from Johor to Malacca. My plan is early morning take taxi to Kranji MRT, take 970 to bus station in Johor then buy coach ticket to Malacca. I want to reach Malacca before 1 pm. What time do you think that I can start from Kranji? Are there many coaches to Malacca in the morning?

2. Can you please recommend me a budget place for 1 night in Malacca?

3. My plan is staying in Malacca for 1 night. Do you have some recommended places to go in afternoon, evening and the next morning? where to eat lunch, dinner?

Waiting for your advices.


I am doubt 970 bus can reach Johor bus interchange. Johor bus interchange located at Larkin, so I think you need to take either 170 or Yellow Bus (not sure is CW1 or CW2) to reach Larkin. Before board the bus, make sure the destination signboard is Larkin and not Kota Raya.

Express bus from Larkin to Malacca normally takes about 3 hours to 4 hours (depends on bus company, some stop half-way for short resting). Try to buy non-stop express bus. To play safe, suggest you take the express bus at either 8.00am or 8.30am from Larkin interchange. These two timings are popular schedule to Malacca, you should be able to buy the ticket on spot and board the bus directly.

It's pretty hard to judge the queue and traffic condition at Sin and JB customs. 1 thing for sure is the bus (170 or Yellow Bus) from JB custom to Larkin interchange takes about 20-30 mins excludes the waiting time at JB custom. Plan your journey as early as you could.

As for budget hotel in Malacca, maybe you want to consider this:

http://www.hotelpuri.com/

Pretty good location. Food and many places of interests are available around the hotel.

chiusa 01-07-2008 02:54 PM

thank valeon for your advices

garyng6285 02-07-2008 05:08 PM

Hey remember to eat their famous chendol, satay celup and Hainanese Chicken Rice Ball!

Enjoy the trip!

Cheers!

THE_EDMW 02-07-2008 08:37 PM

Last time i ate the cendol at the mangosteen shape stall, it sucks worse than singapore one :( Somemore it was recommended by last time CH8 show :mad:

kopfowler 03-07-2008 11:44 AM

What is your budget for hotel ? You are going on weekend or weekdays?

soggy_hASHbrown 08-07-2008 09:07 AM

Sorry to hijack this thread. where does the coach stop in malacca town? would it b better to buy coach ticket in singapore?

Koelsch 08-07-2008 10:46 AM

"Hotel Puri Melaka is a boutique hotel in the heart of the old city of Malacca. It is a 30 minute drive from the North-South Highway (Malacca/Ayer Keroh exit), and 10 minute drive from the bus station (Sentral)."

woot! now just needa plan how to get the bus there.

valeon 08-07-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soggy_hASHbrown (Post 31109015)
Sorry to hijack this thread. where does the coach stop in malacca town? would it b better to buy coach ticket in singapore?

All buses stop at Malacca Sentral (Hope my spelling is correct), Malacca Sentral bus interchange is like Larkin in JB. Along the way after exit from NS Highway till Malacca Sentral, you may ask the bus driver to stop and alight, you will see some local alight the bus along the way, if you sit on the bus and continue the journey, final destination is Malacca Sentral.

There are few places to board the express bus in Singapore to Malacca. Two popular spots are Queen Street (Bus Terminal for 170) the bus company is 707 Express and Lavender Street (In front of Singapore Casket), 2 bus companies there, Singapore-Malacca Express and Delima Express. The ticket cost around S$16/way (if I remember correctly).

707 Express is the most popular choice because of its non-stop service. Sin-Mal Express and Delima Express stop at Machap and Ayer Itam for half an hour rest.

If from JB, you pay the same amount you paid in Singapore but in RM. :D

Either from JB or Singapore to Malacca. It depends on individual. If your hse near to custom, then it's wise to just cross the causeway and board the bus at Larkin bus interchange. If you want to save the trouble, then just take the express bus in Singapore. The express bus in Singapore use 2nd Link.

Hope it helps.

valeon 08-07-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koelsch (Post 31110614)
"Hotel Puri Melaka is a boutique hotel in the heart of the old city of Malacca. It is a 30 minute drive from the North-South Highway (Malacca/Ayer Keroh exit), and 10 minute drive from the bus station (Sentral)."

woot! now just needa plan how to get the bus there.

It's not advisable to take public bus from Malacca Sentral to Hotel Puri unless you are really familiar with the place. Taxi from Malacca Sentral to Hotel Puri should be in between 10-15 mins (if no traffic jam).

To those who would like to experience the local bus, you may take "Town Bus" from Malacca Sentral to reach the hotel. I am not so sure the bus number, you need to verify this with the counter of "Town Bus" company before board any bus. I am sure this will give you the experience that you will never forget. Ahahaha

soggy_hASHbrown 08-07-2008 01:57 PM

thanks valeon for so much info! u noe the taxi price from sentral to puri? i heard bout the metered taxis.

valeon 08-07-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soggy_hASHbrown (Post 31113941)
thanks valeon for so much info! u noe the taxi price from sentral to puri? i heard bout the metered taxis.

No worries, I share only the info I know and familiar.

I am not sure the actual taxi price from Sentral to Puri. By right, the taxi driver should turns on meter, but by left.....haiz.....

If meter, it should be in the range of RM5-RM10 per trip. If no meter, try negotiate the fare first before board the taxi.

maxzone 11-07-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soggy_hASHbrown (Post 31113941)
thanks valeon for so much info! u noe the taxi price from sentral to puri? i heard bout the metered taxis.

The meter in the taxi is only for show only. they usually charged by per trip, normally is $10

kittychanchan 26-08-2009 01:50 PM

Bus schedule from Malacca to Singapore
 
Hi

I would like to go visit malacca in one day trip. do you think it is possible? Do you know the bus schedule for express bus from Malacca to Singapore?

thanks a lot!

kopfowler 26-08-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittychanchan (Post 39848947)
Hi

I would like to go visit malacca in one day trip. do you think it is possible? Do you know the bus schedule for express bus from Malacca to Singapore?

thanks a lot!

1st bus from SG to Malacca about 8 am..u reach Malacca about 1 pm assuming....last bus Malacca to SG about 6 pm...u spend about 5 hours there... all depends on what you want to do...


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.