Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Shuttle trains travelling from Woodlands

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #76
Junior Moderator

Answers here:http://www.seat61.com/Malaysia.htm#Singapore Station

Free seating

Last edited by beanstalk6; 22-09-2015 at 01:35 PM..
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 01:39 PM   #77
Supremacy Member

Passed by the ticketing area last night, 10 mins to the last train's departure.

Saw a few people (shopping SGeans, obviously ) queuing to buy tix and for the first time, one staff who's standing next to them saw me looking and said, "Singapore train?". Guess there're still many more tix left then. Well, if only there's an MRT station at the other side.

Anyway, it's quite refreshing after all the "Lai, Singapore, lai!" from the "private taxis" along the link bridge.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #78
Junior Moderator

Went to JB on Saturday and encountered massive crowds and long waits at every point- Queen St Terminal, at Woodlands immigration, its public bus queue and also JB CIQ. It looked like a big mistake to visit JB on that first weekend of the school holidays!

Luckily a brainwave came up and we decided to return via the 5:30pm Tebrau Shuttle, avoiding the jam of human traffic at Sentral CIQ, bus lines and our own Woodlands CIQ altogether.

Things I confirm from this experience:

1. free seating although tickets show seat numbers. Every ticket clearly states "Free Seating", and everybody does sit freely upon boarding.

2. even on a 5min service for 1km between 2 points, it is possible for the train to be late, as we encountered.

3. Tickets for weekdays are sold out 2 months in advance, as shown correctly by online booking systems such as Easibook. Weekend tickets can be bought on the same day, as we found out to our delight.

4. maybe needless to repeat myself in the same thread, train passengers have dedicated CIQ areas seperate from other modes.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2015, 02:29 AM   #79
AS1
High Supremacy Member

Went to JB on Saturday and encountered massive crowds and long waits at every point- Queen St Terminal, at Woodlands immigration, its public bus queue and also JB CIQ. It looked like a big mistake to visit JB on that first weekend of the school holidays!

Luckily a brainwave came up and we decided to return via the 5:30pm Tebrau Shuttle, avoiding the jam of human traffic at Sentral CIQ, bus lines and our own Woodlands CIQ altogether.

Things I confirm from this experience:

1. free seating although tickets show seat numbers. Every ticket clearly states "Free Seating", and everybody does sit freely upon boarding.

2. even on a 5min service for 1km between 2 points, it is possible for the train to be late, as we encountered.

3. Tickets for weekdays are sold out 2 months in advance, as shown correctly by online booking systems such as Easibook. Weekend tickets can be bought on the same day, as we found out to our delight.

4. maybe needless to repeat myself in the same thread, train passengers have dedicated CIQ areas seperate from other modes.
5.30pm usually will have seats. Its the 10pm timing that confirm sold out just about every time.
Old 27-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

dun worry, as long avoid malaysian exodus to and fro timing, sure got seat.

website sucks, just buy direct at counter.
Old 30-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #81
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows where is the nearest place we can park our car when taking the shuttle train? Planning to take it this weekend to go Citysquare to buy milk powder...
mummy1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #82

Starting from 17th Jan 2016, there will be more slots for the train schedule.
wildkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 02:45 PM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

Starting from 17th Jan 2016, there will be more slots for the train schedule.
Do you happen to know if afternoon train trips will be added?
Old 30-12-2015, 03:01 PM   #84

Do you happen to know if afternoon train trips will be added?

Habrosus, mrclubbie and daldrome like this.
wildkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #85

I bought the two round trip tickets at easybooking. However all tickets stated my name and IC stated my phone number anybody experience the same thing when bought at easybooking? Able to board the train?
kyo9012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #86
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the update! Considering semi retiring in JB but may need to bring kids to school in Sg so afternoon trains help.
Old 30-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #87

I bought the two round trip tickets at easybooking. However all tickets stated my name and IC stated my phone number anybody experience the same thing when bought at easybooking? Able to board the train?
Yes I bought tickets from Easybook before and I had no problems boarding the train. Just print the e-tickets and show it to the KTM staff.
daldrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #88
Honorary Member

Nice...I have been waiting for afternoon trains
Old 30-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #89
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone knows how to buy return trips from JB side ie JB to Sg to JB. Is it using the same website at intranet.ktmb?
Old 30-12-2015, 08:46 PM   #90
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nice...I have been waiting for afternoon trains
Me too... You want to go in for shopping in the afternoon?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.