HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

UBER / Grab in Johor Bahru

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #31

anyone grab from city square to aeon tebrau or sutera mall before? how much would it approx cost?
qianhan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #32

anyone grab from city square to aeon tebrau or sutera mall before? how much would it approx cost?
I did not make a direct trip from City Square to Tebrau City, but I made a stopover. Just got back today. Thought that the info maybe useful in giving you an estimate.

City Square Plaza -> Soon Huat Bak Ku Teh : RM7
Soon Huat Bak Ku Teh -> Aeon Tebrau : RM14
Aeon Tebrau -> Hotel Grand Paragon : RM16
Hotel Grand Paragon to City Square Plaza : RM5
librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 06:03 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not able to change hp no. for Uber, only possible to change for Grab.

Same here, just have to pop in 2nd sim card and change no. Works for msia, bkk
For uber, u just need to go to settings, edit account, to change your country and phone number.
Insatiable_creat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #34

I did not make a direct trip from City Square to Tebrau City, but I made a stopover. Just got back today. Thought that the info maybe useful in giving you an estimate.

City Square Plaza -> Soon Huat Bak Ku Teh : RM7
Soon Huat Bak Ku Teh -> Aeon Tebrau : RM14
Aeon Tebrau -> Hotel Grand Paragon : RM16
Hotel Grand Paragon to City Square Plaza : RM5
I ride with Uber pretty often in JB, but i've always wondered where would be the most convenient pickup point be for the driver at Aeon Tebrau. May i know where you set it to be? Was it along the main road? Thanks
guadaluperick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #35
Supremacy Member

I ride with Uber pretty often in JB, but i've always wondered where would be the most convenient pickup point be for the driver at Aeon Tebrau. May i know where you set it to be? Was it along the main road? Thanks
If you mean along the main road facing the flyover (turn right after exit from Jusco supermarket), may not be that convenient if the traffic is high. I tried that once, and not forgetting the taxi tent out there as well, if you've heard/read about how the cab drivers treat these Grab/Uber drivers.

These days I cross over to Tesco and wait outside Starbucks instead.
Habrosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #36
Supremacy Member

This may sound weird to some, but I've only used Grab Car in JB so far, not even back here in SG.

Though Grab Car is fixed price that we can see before choosing to book, it's not the same fare throughout the day. Like peak and off peak timing, when the traffic is high during evening peak hours, or worst when it rains during the evenings.

The other day I got into the app to check the fare between Aeon Bukit Indah to Aeon Tebrau - that's around 1pm - and it showed RM9. Later when I really had to travel over, it's way past 4pm and the fare became RM27. Return trip after 7pm (it's drizzling) the fare showed RM29... no cab available, then I saw a "higher fare" thingy... then ended up with RM39. It's the last day of the RM8 off promo, small consolation.
Old 25-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #37
Junior Moderator

This may sound weird to some, but I've only used Grab Car in JB so far, not even back here in SG.

Though Grab Car is fixed price that we can see before choosing to book, it's not the same fare throughout the day. Like peak and off peak timing, when the traffic is high during evening peak hours, or worst when it rains during the evenings.

The other day I got into the app to check the fare between Aeon Bukit Indah to Aeon Tebrau - that's around 1pm - and it showed RM9. Later when I really had to travel over, it's way past 4pm and the fare became RM27. Return trip after 7pm (it's drizzling) the fare showed RM29... no cab available, then I saw a "higher fare" thingy... then ended up with RM39. It's the last day of the RM8 off promo, small consolation.
This is Grab and Uber for you. Demand & supply determines the fare.
Habrosus likes this.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 05:07 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

This is Grab and Uber for you. Demand & supply determines the fare.
Thanks for the confirmation!
Old 27-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #39

If you mean along the main road facing the flyover (turn right after exit from Jusco supermarket), may not be that convenient if the traffic is high. I tried that once, and not forgetting the taxi tent out there as well, if you've heard/read about how the cab drivers treat these Grab/Uber drivers.

These days I cross over to Tesco and wait outside Starbucks instead.
Right, thanks for the tip! That spot sure looks a whole lot more peaceful to hop into an uber cab. Btw, which exit from aeon tebrau city mall do you take to get to tesco? Do you cut through the indoor parking?

Last edited by guadaluperick; 27-01-2017 at 09:59 PM..
guadaluperick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #40
Supremacy Member

Right, thanks for the tip! That spot sure looks a whole lot more peaceful to hop into an uber cab. Btw, which exit from aeon tebrau city mall do you take to get to tesco? Do you cut through the indoor parking?
Yup, down the escalator to the carpark, then out to the slope down towards Tesco.
guadaluperick likes this.
Old 21-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #41
Banned

I set Uber to legoland at this timing (2.30pm) and realised there is no uber car. The nearest car take 17 minutes and I doubt they will come.

Like that no Uber mean no Grab? That mean I am at the mercy of taxi driver? I need 2 cars so double whammy.

*I tried fake GPS so that Grab detect my location as Legoland. And also no car. but at CIQ and also KSL there a lot of car

Last edited by maisatomai; 21-02-2017 at 03:57 PM..
maisatomai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #42

Use promo code FREERIDES100 to get 25 trips with RM4 off each trip. If u r the Uber first timer, use my referral code v7zazuycue to enjoy first free ride.
IronMan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 01:15 AM   #43
Banned

Use promo code FREERIDES100 to get 25 trips with RM4 off each trip. If u r the Uber first timer, use my referral code v7zazuycue to enjoy first free ride.
cool. thanks a lot

Grab does not offer 6 seaters in Malaysia right? I checked and it seems only Uber offers that
Old 23-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #44

hows the grab in JB? Safe or not?
bogayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #45
Banned

hows the grab in JB? Safe or not?
grab/uber should be safer than taxi because got car plate+registration with grab.

if you got robbed by uber driver, immediately they know who is the culprit. But if you got robbed by taxi driver, there is a high chance you don't remember the car plate number. Even if you remember the plate may be fake. Grab/uber has no such problem unless you take a car whose driver face is different and car plate number is also different
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.