MO: Herman Miller Premium Chairs (Pictures included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Whether it's the classic or remastered Aerons, they are great chairs.

The classics will be more preferred at the moment as it allows one to have a headrest. We were told that the development for the headrest for the remastered version is in progress.

Last edited:

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Some items are close to out of stock, hope we can have another shipment in by month end.

We will be away next month for 1 week.

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
We are getting a little hectic with other overseas projects, thus we will slow down the mass order and take a break in later months. The quantity that will take in will be lesser as we are short of warehousing space.

Last edited:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, can I check what is the lifespan of a herman miller chair before it have to be replaced totally?

I am interested to get one as my current chair's lifespan is around 5 years before all the wear and tear kicks in..

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
We've not seen a severely worn chair since the start of this MO.
The most common problem are probably the casters, which are easily replaceable.

I've a mix of Aerons that are 5 years old and 15 years old in my office and they are all functioning as expected.

lengbebe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
up for u bro.

i used to sit on them everyday while i was working at apple.

hm and steelcase chairs are the best chairs i've ever sat on in my life.

limck

Master Member
Reaction score
casters warranty

Can I check if the casters are also part of the 12 years warranty?

I have an Aeron bought several years ago fro this MO and the rubber caster is cracking and peeling off

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ready stock

Classic Aeron Chair

Size B
Fully loaded, adjustable arms, Graphite frame Classic Carbon Mesh Chair with standard BB casters $1449
Add Posture fit support: + $100
Replace with Hard Floor Casters (Optional) +$59
With Headrest (Optional): +$215 or +$255[Large] (Fully adjustable mesh)
Assembly (Optional) +$10
Delivery (Optional) + $30/$40*
(2 pieces available)

Size B
Fully loaded, adjustable arms, Graphite frame Classic Carbon Mesh Chair with standard BB casters $1449
Polished Aluminium frame + $270
With black leather arm + $130
Assembly (Optional) +$10
(2 pieces available)

Size C
Assembly (Optional) +$10
(All sold)

Remastered Aeron Chair

Size A
Fully loaded, fully adjustable arms, Graphite frame Classic Carbon Mesh Chair with standard BB casters $1649
Adjustable Posturefit SL support: + $110
Assembly (Optional) +$10
(1 piece available)

Size B
Fully loaded, fully adjustable arms, Graphite frame Classic Carbon Mesh Chair with standard BB casters $1649
Assembly (Optional) +$10
(2 pieces available)

Size C
Assembly (Optional) +$10
(last piece)

Size B
Polished Aluminium frame + $390
Assembly (Optional) +$10
(Last piece)

Embody Chair

Rhythm Black with Graphite Frame Chair with standard BB casters
Fully adjustable $1995
Assembly (Optional) +$10
(2 pieces available)

######################################################

*If (1st 2 digits of 6-digit postal codes) starts with 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 or 08= $40. The rest are $30.

FAQ:
Which is better? Embody or Aeron?
Ans: Embody is cushioned and will score higher in term on comfort.

Aeron will feel a little stiffer but has a notch up in support, particularly if the user gets the headrest

Where is it made from?
Ans: Our stock are from USA, and they are made in the most advance factory in Zeeland USA.
Only Asian resellers are selling made in China stock.

What's the difference between the Classic and Remastered Aerons?
Ans: They work the same. Just using new sustainable material and some redesign to the mechanisms. The ergonomics and how it work largely remains the same.

Headrest's difference?
Ans: Check http://www.unwantedimports.com/aeron-chairs-size-customization/

What version of Aeron chair do you have?
We only have the fully loaded version with every feature included, that's the highest tier of Aeron chair. Not only that, we have the headrest upgrade and the exclusive premium hard casters from Germany. There are no sellers that can improve it further in the world.

Where is it made from?
Ans: We only purchase from USA direct from the original factory in USA with stricter protocol for quality control. Not any from the regional China factory for Asian market.

What size should I be taking?
Ans: Refer to the following chart.
jc3MM.gif

The majority of Asians are size B.
A chair too large will affect the user's dexterity to tilt due to insufficient mass or at the wrong angularities.

What are hard casters?
Ans: Casters are the wheels of the chairs.

Standard BB casters are for carpet , they are hard wheels with no additional protection coating.

Hard floor casters are with a softer polyurethane coating on the wheels which increase the amount of traction, to keep the chair from gliding away easily. The coating also reduces noises during rolling and reduce the chance of scratching.

The hard casters that we have are German-made from the same OEM factory as the original that are more durable and more stable in its quality. It can be used on carpet too. They come with roll away resistance, a subtle braking system that keeps your chair from rolling too far away when not in use. They are also with the latest noiseless roll technology, which greatly reduce the amount sound from vibration when rolling.

It is important for the user to keep the casters away from aggressive liquid detergent and keep the wheels from direct sunlight. The habit of stepping on the wheels may result in disintegration.
Do note that hard casters breaking down within 5 years due to poor compatibility with the flooring, will be replaced with standard BB casters.

For more information:
http://www.unwantedimports.com/shop/herman-miller-hard-casters-2-5/

What's the setting for fully loaded?
Ans: It's with adjustable arms, forward tilt and tilt limiter. You will have to add the rest separately.

Headrest's difference?
Ans: Check http://www.unwantedimports.com/aeron-chairs-size-customization/

We personally highly recommend the fully adjustable mesh headrest.

Posturefit VS Lumbar pad's difference?
Ans: Posture fit has a knob to control the depth of support required.

The cushion is softer, more comfortable and supports the back via the low back muscles rather than a hard piece pushing against the spine like the lumbar pad.

Lumbar pad has only two depth of support and is stiffer.
A common issue is it can be pushed out of position easily.

Is it worth to get the Polished Aluminium?
Ans: The polished aluminium is not only for the better look. IMHO the Chrome Plating seems to make it harder to scratch or scratches less visible.

Why it takes so long to arrive?
Even if you order from the local A.D, there's a good chance you will have to wait as long if it's not available in ready stock.

We go by sea ship that takes a long time to sail.
It's not only able to reduce the cost of the chairs, but it also reduces the chance of damage from handling by air freight is typically very rough if you compare to ocean freight.
When you go with air transportation, they care about speed, and parcels dumped around.
For Sea ship, there may be delays, subjected to
  • Enviromental factors - Weather or route chosen for the best safety.
  • Customs delays - Need to pay for GST, apply permits, have inspections, etc
  • Warehouse delays - Need to queue to unload
  • Fumigation process

So please be patient with your delivery as there's no way we can dictate the ship to sail faster nor have any tracking to know the exact location.

How long it typically takes to arrive?
You can check out www.unwantedimports.com for latest stock and most eta

vakamahorika

Reaction score
hi, very interested in buying but can i check if you guys don't give us the original chair sticker but suddenly disappear or radio silence, what happens to our warranty?

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi, very interested in buying but can i check if you guys don't give us the original chair sticker but suddenly disappear or radio silence, what happens to our warranty?

Hi,

That's an interesting but valid question, thank you.
If any company, be it an authorised local distributor, or a mass order goes busted and vanish. Usually, there goes the warranty.
For us, we already laid our tracks beyond that.

You can refer to the following page for more answers.
https://www.unwantedimports.com/herman-miller-singapore-mass-order/

unwanted

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
No we don't get lighter colour leather as dye transfer from clothing, especially denim, is permanent and easy to happen.

pppppppppp

Reaction score
Ordered my aeron, confirmation of payment was prompt after bank transfer, chair arrived at my home within a short time. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.