MO: Herman Miller Premium Chairs (Pictures included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh okay thanks. Yeah, not very sure myself. I am following that thread as well. At least now I know it should be identical mesh. :s12:

Posted from PCWX using iPhone12,3

I got the Graphite Leather.
This is another good investment.
Why not mesh? Cos i watched some youtubers' reviews, some said hair got caught in the mesh etc. But dont quote me.

One thing to note, the locking mechanism is somewhat loose, it is not a flaw. To me, it is a plus point cos i can easily adjust its height & protrusion according to what i m doing, eg if I want to take a rest, i adjust the height to support my head & protrusion backwards, if in sitting position, i lower the rest to support my neck etc.

If the lock is tight, i will have to loosen the nuts etc.

dk3498

Reaction score
Merchant Category Code

Hi guys,

I have tried the HM Aero and I have decided to order 1 from UI. Is anyone aware of what is the Merchant Category Code (MCC) tied to your transaction with UI? Would like to find out more before picking a CC for payment.

Another quick question: How is the delivery arrangement like for your chairs from UI? Do they allow delivery in the evenings? (Currently not WFH)

kurtisnet

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have tried the HM Aero and I have decided to order 1 from UI. Is anyone aware of what is the Merchant Category Code (MCC) tied to your transaction with UI? Would like to find out more before picking a CC for payment.

Another quick question: How is the delivery arrangement like for your chairs from UI? Do they allow delivery in the evenings? (Currently not WFH)

The delivery is probably the most unpredictable aspect of the order I guess. I ordered mine on Aug 26 and website stated estimate delivery of early Sep. The delivery uncle called me on Aug 28 afternoon and asked me if he can deliver in the evening. Very happy nonetheless to receive the chair super earlier than expected though haha.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

astrokai

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, how do you guys get rid of odours from the chair ? Been using the chair without shirt for almost a year now. Found that the odour from the head rest is especially strong ( aka smelly)
What is a good odour cleaner?

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, how do you guys get rid of odours from the chair ? Been using the chair without shirt for almost a year now. Found that the odour from the head rest is especially strong ( aka smelly)

Try use hot towel to clean, alternately can u a steam cleaner

astrokai

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you add any cleaning agent like vinegar or baking powder or detergent etc? No use for me leh. Hot towel

tinyspeck5

Reaction score

i think febreze is worth it eh, i buy in bulk from shopee and it works well for me

DenKoh

Reaction score
I am going to order from UI. I just have questions for those who ordered the headrest.

I am choosing between the Engineered Now headrest and the Atlas headrest. I read the various reviews for both.

Seems that the Atlas headrest uses the same material as the Aeron mesh.

For those who use the headrest before, any feedbacks or recommendations?

Many thanks

kurtisnet

Reaction score
I am going to order from UI. I just have questions for those who ordered the headrest.

I am choosing between the Engineered Now headrest and the Atlas headrest. I read the various reviews for both.

Seems that the Atlas headrest uses the same material as the Aeron mesh.

For those who use the headrest before, any feedbacks or recommendations?

Many thanks

I've got the Atlas and have no complaints. And yes the mesh really the same texture, colour and feel as the chair to me.

Posted from PCWX using HTC HD2

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im thinking of getting another aeron. mine about 10 years+ le. im concerned about the new model using more plastic then then the old one. anybody got direct comparison and review

hardwaregone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no, just water. the steam helps but of cos dont expect 100% clean.
I won't use steam on thin plastic mesh. Who the hell will do that. :s13:

You might even disintegrate and vaporize the compound, release of toxic fume cause more odor. :(

Last edited:

hardwaregone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im thinking of getting another aeron. mine about 10 years+ le. im concerned about the new model using more plastic then then the old one. anybody got direct comparison and review
Only the base is plastic, as in most of the other new models now. It's lighter and easier to maneuver. I believe it's Nylon which is a very rigid material.

The paint came off my old aeron's metal base

DenKoh

Reaction score
I've got the Atlas and have no complaints. And yes the mesh really the same texture, colour and feel as the chair to me.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is the Atlas bulky?

I am thinking of getting the Atlas but the UI website is recommending Engineer Now

Thanks again

Proximus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I won't use steam on thin plastic mesh. Who the hell will do that.
:s13:

You might even disintegrate and vaporize the compound, release of toxic fume cause more odor.
:(

YMMV...

I have been steaming my 11 year old Aeron all this while. No issues at all.

matique

Reaction score
Hi guys, UI website says delivered in 2-3 working days, does that mean they have local stock?

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I won't use steam on thin plastic mesh. Who the hell will do that. :s13:

You might even disintegrate and vaporize the compound, release of toxic fume cause more odor. :(
I tried, no issue. Just my suggestion. It's up to u whether u want to do it.

kurtisnet

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback.

Is the Atlas bulky?

I am thinking of getting the Atlas but the UI website is recommending Engineer Now

Thanks again

It seems width wise, atlas might be wider than the EN. And atlas has a pointy bit behind that assists with the depth adjustment so if you have a tight space between your desk and wall behind, something to consider. However, all those add up to multiple levels of adjustment that EN one does not offer, imo. The EN now design is also not very ideal if you wear headphones.

kurtisnet

Reaction score
Hi guys, UI website says delivered in 2-3 working days, does that mean they have local stock?

They claim the website status is live but mine came a whole two weeks earlier than what the website said haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.