HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MO: Herman Miller Premium Chairs (Pictures included)

Like Tree168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #1246

Merchant Category Code

Hi guys,

I have tried the HM Aero and I have decided to order 1 from UI. Is anyone aware of what is the Merchant Category Code (MCC) tied to your transaction with UI? Would like to find out more before picking a CC for payment.

Another quick question: How is the delivery arrangement like for your chairs from UI? Do they allow delivery in the evenings? (Currently not WFH)
dk3498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #1247

Hi guys,

I have tried the HM Aero and I have decided to order 1 from UI. Is anyone aware of what is the Merchant Category Code (MCC) tied to your transaction with UI? Would like to find out more before picking a CC for payment.

Another quick question: How is the delivery arrangement like for your chairs from UI? Do they allow delivery in the evenings? (Currently not WFH)
The delivery is probably the most unpredictable aspect of the order I guess. I ordered mine on Aug 26 and website stated estimate delivery of early Sep. The delivery uncle called me on Aug 28 afternoon and asked me if he can deliver in the evening. Very happy nonetheless to receive the chair super earlier than expected though haha.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5
kurtisnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #1248
Master Member

Hi guys, how do you guys get rid of odours from the chair ? Been using the chair without shirt for almost a year now. Found that the odour from the head rest is especially strong ( aka smelly)
What is a good odour cleaner?
astrokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #1249
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, how do you guys get rid of odours from the chair ? Been using the chair without shirt for almost a year now. Found that the odour from the head rest is especially strong ( aka smelly)
Try use hot towel to clean, alternately can u a steam cleaner
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 10:50 PM   #1250
Master Member

Do you add any cleaning agent like vinegar or baking powder or detergent etc? No use for me leh. Hot towel
astrokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 03:53 PM   #1251

i think febreze is worth it eh, i buy in bulk from shopee and it works well for me
tinyspeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #1252
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do you add any cleaning agent like vinegar or baking powder or detergent etc? No use for me leh. Hot towel
no, just water. the steam helps but of cos dont expect 100% clean.
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 09:10 AM   #1253

I am going to order from UI. I just have questions for those who ordered the headrest.

I am choosing between the Engineered Now headrest and the Atlas headrest. I read the various reviews for both.

Seems that the Atlas headrest uses the same material as the Aeron mesh.

For those who use the headrest before, any feedbacks or recommendations?

Many thanks
DenKoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 07:19 PM   #1254

I am going to order from UI. I just have questions for those who ordered the headrest.

I am choosing between the Engineered Now headrest and the Atlas headrest. I read the various reviews for both.

Seems that the Atlas headrest uses the same material as the Aeron mesh.

For those who use the headrest before, any feedbacks or recommendations?

Many thanks
I've got the Atlas and have no complaints. And yes the mesh really the same texture, colour and feel as the chair to me.

Posted from PCWX using HTC HD2
kurtisnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #1255
Arch-Supremacy Member

im thinking of getting another aeron. mine about 10 years+ le. im concerned about the new model using more plastic then then the old one. anybody got direct comparison and review
noobzpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #1256
Supremacy Member

no, just water. the steam helps but of cos dont expect 100% clean.
I won't use steam on thin plastic mesh. Who the hell will do that.

You might even disintegrate and vaporize the compound, release of toxic fume cause more odor.

Last edited by hardwaregone; 27-09-2020 at 01:03 PM..
hardwaregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #1257
Supremacy Member

im thinking of getting another aeron. mine about 10 years+ le. im concerned about the new model using more plastic then then the old one. anybody got direct comparison and review
Only the base is plastic, as in most of the other new models now. It's lighter and easier to maneuver. I believe it's Nylon which is a very rigid material.

The paint came off my old aeron's metal base
hardwaregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #1258

I've got the Atlas and have no complaints. And yes the mesh really the same texture, colour and feel as the chair to me.

Posted from PCWX using HTC HD2
Thanks for your feedback.

Is the Atlas bulky?

I am thinking of getting the Atlas but the UI website is recommending Engineer Now

Thanks again
DenKoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #1259
Supremacy Member

I won't use steam on thin plastic mesh. Who the hell will do that.

You might even disintegrate and vaporize the compound, release of toxic fume cause more odor.
YMMV...

I have been steaming my 11 year old Aeron all this while. No issues at all.
Proximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #1260

Hi guys, UI website says delivered in 2-3 working days, does that mean they have local stock?
matique is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.