Old 05-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #1501

12 slot left !!
youquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #1502

11 slot left !!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #1503

Hi Bro

I m interested in the chair but would appreciate your kind advice on the height of the chair.

How high or low is the height that we can adjust to?

I have bought a few chair which the height is not suitable for tall people.

even we adjust to the lowest, the chair is still too high.

Thus would appreciate your kind adjust the lowest height or highest height that this chair can support.

Thank you
sealpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:30 PM   #1504

10 slot left !!
Old 08-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #1505

6 slot left !
Old 08-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #1506

5 slot left !
Old 08-04-2015, 11:47 PM   #1507

Review of Bro Youquan's chair:

Dated 08/Apr/15

due to some unfortunate suay-ness, my delivery was delayed by 1 month (CNY period). but bro youquan was sincere enough to do the delivery himself to fit my schedule. but then, on delivery date, bro delivered wrong model to me. He delivered a very similar mesh chair (commonly seen at HDB shops). the difference i noticed was that model has a plastic base, and non-adjustable armrests. bro was kind enough to let me use that wrong model for the time being while he fixed things with his supplier. i used that "wrong model" chair for 2 weeks.

today, he personally delivered the correct model again. After checking everything to be in correct order, i have a few comparison points to make, hopefully it'll help most people understand what they're paying for. these are labeled in the order that matters to me the most. Meaning, #1 is the first thing i noticed and the most important reason / difference TO ME. and #7 is least important

for reference:
I'm Singaporean Chinese
1.73m tall (average height)
chair used in non-airconditioned environment

1. Mesh Seat.

wrong model:
the mesh that wraps the seat is the typical kind of mesh that you see outside at HDB shops. it's somewhat rough to the touch, and has many visible holes, presumably for ventilation.
problem: i wear shorts at home, and that mesh is somewhat rough and itchy on my skin. Furthermore, the holes in the seat are like a black hole that sucks all sorts of dirt and debris, and makes it impossible to clean without a vacuum cleaner.
also, the cushion underneath does feel softer. personally, i think nicer to sit on.

youquan's model:
the mesh that wraps the seat is somewhat like a piece of cloth. very fine texture and relatively much smoother. not itchy at all. seriously those buying chairs for home use should wear their home shorts when auditioning chairs to understand what i mean. furthermore, no "holes", so no problem of dirt / debris getting stuck inside.
also, this molded foam cushion does feel slightly harder to sit on. again, personal preference. Its like hard beds and soft beds. however, molded foam is known to be quite durable.

2. adjustable armrest height.

wrong model:
non-adjustable armrest height. because those armrests are typically made lower, i find myself sitting slanted / slouching just so that i can rest one side of the arm on it. the poor sitting posture does make me uncomfortable after a while, and i find myself switching sides often.

youquan's model:
WIN. adjustable armrest height. after adjusting the armrests higher, i can feel the support when i rest both my arms, and now feel much more comfortable sitting straight. i can also adjust higher up to prop my elbow when using iPad / reading a book, much more shiok.

3. mesh back and headrest

wrong model:
the mesh back is again made of the rougher material. itchy if i lean on it topless (pretty hot and humid in my room). the headrest angle cannot even be fixed in place. its simply sloppy and nods down at the slightest touch. the headrest is also made of the rougher material with many holes and is pretty itchy to the neck.

youquan's model:
mesh back is again made of a smoother material. much less feeling of itchiness. the headrest is wrapped in the same fabric as the seat, much more comfortable to the neck. the headrest angle adjustment is solid, and stays in place. much more comfortable now.

4. seat width and depth

both rank equally. both are deep enough to sit inside fully and can even cross your legs on it. both are also wide enough (a bit too wide for me, but no complains)

5. Lumbar support

wrong model:
this chair's lumbar support is vertically adjustable up and down, BUT NOT depth adjustable in and out. personally i've never been too picky about lumbar support, but it's worth considering.

youquan's model:
this chair's lumbar support is depth adjustable in and out, AND vertically adjustable up and down.
duh, more options = better fit for all the picky shoppers. again, i personally don't use it. i change to shallowest setting.

5. weight of chair

wrong model:
plastic base. much lighter and easier to pull and drag around if the chair obstructs your walking area. also much easier to kick with your feel and slide across the room while sitting in the chair. shiok.

youquan's model:
metal base. supposedly more lasting, but i've never broken any plastic bases before, so i don't understand the importance. much heavier, and more resistance when pulling / dragging around to sweep the floor. Kick, but the chair won't slide across the room cuz too heavy to slide. a bit sian need to kick 3-4times just to slide across the room.

6. tilt

both can adjust tilting resistance. youquan's model can lock at any angle. wrong model can lock at small increments. but the increments are so small that it feels like locking at any angle anyways. also, i don't understand why some people like to tilt halfway and lock. personally it's either vertically straight, or max tilt. both models don't tilt very far back, so don't expect to fall asleep in your chair.

8. seat height.

somewhat same. when i hit the lowest setting, my soles are planted firmly on the ground, and my hamstrings lift of slightly from the seat.

when i hit the highest setting, my toes gently graze the ground, and my hamstrings rests firmly supported by the seat.

honestly, it's a small range la. good enough to adjust to average table height so that i can slide the chair fully into my table. don't expect too much. some chairs, the armrests stick out and cannot slide into table one.

those that keep asking about seat height and complaining tall people, i suggest you find a bar stool. seriously, most chairs are this height. i haven't met a height adjustable chair that fully lifts my feet off the ground. why? stability. height adjustable chairs are not stable when extended higher and higher. is your office chair much higher and more comfortable? or do you know a model outside that fits your height? then buy that chair. why risk buying a low chair online without auditioning it?

7. other things

wrong model:
don't have these features

youquan's model:
5-year warranty (WIN LIAO LOR)
arm pads slide forward and backward (nice to have, can live without)
arm pads rotate inwards and outwards (honestly no use to me, but those that find the chair too wide can adjust this to help them)

Other comments:
contrary to ekardo, my armrests are firm. did not shift everytime i touch it (and it's removable using screws)

contrary to natgw88, i can feel the lumbar support. it's pretty deep when fully maximised. its just that i don't use it.

contrary to justin, my head support stays in position after setting height. but based on the design of mechanism, i don't think it'll stay for long.

one thing to note: my arm rest wobbles in its position. the height adjustment mechanism seems to be poorly implemented and manufactured excessive allowance. it's not a big deal when your arm rests on it, but its quite irritating to me that it wobbles in place.

Overall +1 for the good product. can feel the better quality because i used the wrong model for 2 weeks. hopefully bro youquan can find an armrest replacement for me that doesn't wobble.
demongod likes this.
yammyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #1508

Bro youquan MO close alrdy ? Just curious. Been days since you update
Deathix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #1509

Bro youquan MO close alrdy ? Just curious. Been days since you update
Haven't bro.. sorry I'm currently oversea now. Will be bk next week
Old 16-04-2015, 02:46 PM   #1510
Master Member

a wrong model was delivered to me as well. What i got is a plastic base, no arm rest attached and a roller wheels which which cannot roll smoothly. I mean this are pretty obvious to check before the good is delivered to us.

After feedback all these to youquan, he sounded apologetic and promised a 1-1 exchange with free delivery when the stock arrived.

Well... keeping my finger crossed.
ralphlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #1511

a wrong model was delivered to me as well. What i got is a plastic base, no arm rest attached and a roller wheels which which cannot roll smoothly. I mean this are pretty obvious to check before the good is delivered to us.

After feedback all these to youquan, he sounded apologetic and promised a 1-1 exchange with free delivery when the stock arrived.

Sorry bro.. will replace your chair by next week. Do email me your address I'll deliver personally
Old 22-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #1512

LAST SLOT LEFT !!! PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW !
Old 23-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #1513
Master Member

got the replacement. case closed. overall good service.
ralphlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #1514

MO 22 Close !!
Old 25-04-2015, 06:33 PM   #1515

MO 23 open now. Place your order asap !!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.