Best alternatives to Samsung S8

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My S8 just reached 1 year plus and I'm thinking of trying out other brands.. What would be some great alternatives to the S8? I know there are Mi, Huawei and Google to compete, but there are so many types especially for Mi and HW haha. Still reading on it..

I don't have good experience with Mi as I used Mi 4(?) to replace S4 but wasn't so good. Changed to S8 within a month. But I guess they have improved a lot since then..

Thanks a lot guys! Would be great to get some inputs and experiences!

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here. If you are use to Samsung. Dont think Xiaomi will fit as screen resolution is already different.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on your usage, budget and appearance (if u want those slightly edge screen). Even adding on with oppo, Vivo and meizu can be your alt.

Just that notchless phone flagship alike probably none or maybe a few?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite a handful of phones out there now sports a beautiful and sleek notch. Or best still they designed the phone in a way that do not allow a space for headphone jack.

The only company now that stay loyal to the roots is Samsung.

But if you want a high end phone, you can consider either Huawei or Xiaomi. Xiaomi just released their pocophone f1, quite nice. Huawei nova 3i also not bad. But, they all sport a notch

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite a handful of phones out there now sports a beautiful and sleek notch. Or best still they designed the phone in a way that do not allow a space for headphone jack.

The only company now that stay loyal to the roots is Samsung.

But if you want a high end phone, you can consider either Huawei or Xiaomi. Xiaomi just released their pocophone f1, quite nice. Huawei nova 3i also not bad. But, they all sport a notch

ahh.. okay. yeah, i was doing some research and the pocophone f1 seems like the most suitable for me. initially was looking at samsung a8 (was samsung fan since s4.. so yeah hahaha), but then poco is at the same (or cheaper) price point with much better specs.

only thing would be the miui which i believe is still not that user friendly..

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Same here. If you are use to Samsung. Dont think Xiaomi will fit as screen resolution is already different.

i see.. hmm actually i think screen reso ok bah.. my s8 now @ QHD i think, i change to FHD+ can't really see the diff.. haha

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My S8 just reached 1 year plus and I'm thinking of trying out other brands.. What would be some great alternatives to the S8? I know there are Mi, Huawei and Google to compete, but there are so many types especially for Mi and HW haha. Still reading on it..

I don't have good experience with Mi as I used Mi 4(?) to replace S4 but wasn't so good. Changed to S8 within a month. But I guess they have improved a lot since then..

Thanks a lot guys! Would be great to get some inputs and experiences!

https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3?

Rospenn

Reaction score
Otherwise you might want to try some stock android/android one experience.

Personally, any phone with notch turns me off. You will have plenty of choices if you dont mind the notch.

Nokia 7 plus might worth a try or hold out for a Pixel 3 (not XL) in october for the possiblity of a sg release.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would recommend the Sony Xperia XZ2
40491123261_0a12afcd8a_h.jpg

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ahh.. okay. yeah, i was doing some research and the pocophone f1 seems like the most suitable for me. initially was looking at samsung a8 (was samsung fan since s4.. so yeah hahaha), but then poco is at the same (or cheaper) price point with much better specs.

only thing would be the miui which i believe is still not that user friendly..

If you use NFC then poco F1 is out of question.

chenaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think huawei p20 Pro or mate 20 Pro .

Some of my Friends using Huawei mate series have good feedback on huawei.

So far no problem. Except phone screen crack and under 2 years warranty and Free replacement of lcd for the first time .

2 years of warranty I think is a good steal

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.