HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree444Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2018, 07:31 PM   #1936

Hmm... might be possible.

From Straits Times:

Specifically, the download speed for high-definition videos will be capped after the first 3GB of data allowance is used.

This limit, Mr Tan claims, will not reduce the speed of many other services including YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp calls.

However, I'm considering this as my main line. Issue is, no number porting + unable to keep number. Impossible to consider it as a main line.

Thgt can port?
tiger2013 likes this.
idunnomyname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #1937
Master Member

Thgt can port?
Standard Mobile Number Portability requirements. So is yes.
lohsenglte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #1938
Arch-Supremacy Member

lol that red bg, makes my eyes goes blind sia...
ZrE0_Cha0s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:49 PM   #1939
Master Member

lol that red bg, makes my eyes goes blind sia...
Ikr, even Singtel website also not so red sia wts.
Old 13-02-2018, 06:27 AM   #1940
Arch-Supremacy Member

Aiya just renew with singtel sims only plan.Let’s wait 1 year see review.
rockyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 07:01 AM   #1941
Supremacy Member

if i port over from circles life to singtel, do i need to terminate my circles life on my own?
Tokieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 07:07 AM   #1942
Master Member

if i port over from circles life to singtel, do i need to terminate my circles life on my own?
No need. SingTel will port over and Circles will terminate on their own.

But then again, porting over from Circles, may have to do so in SingTel Shop. Only can port over M1 or StarHub numbers on the website.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #1943
Master Member

Thgt can port?
Oops. Missed it. That bloody background colour and font colour.
tiger2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #1944

Oops. Missed it. That bloody background colour and font colour.
Just register the interest first.

By the way, where is MyRepublic, announce since last year still no sound no shadow, if they tap on M1 or Starhub line, then I'll stick to SingTel or Zero1.

Oh yes TPG probably can wait 1year latter, expect their focus would be CBD and mature estate.
townman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 12:55 AM   #1945

Time will tell which is better
goodspeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 02:10 AM   #1946
Supremacy Member

If manage to sign up in the first 3000 and get $19/mth, it's fking worth it. Nearest plan to compete is:
Singtel Prepaid - DataSaver$18. (1GB data)
M1 Prepaid - Power$19. (1GB data)
StarHub Postpaid - Lite $20.35/mth including CID (1GB off-con, 2GB with 12 mth con)
i took the leap of faith
as i just got a ipX and keeping mine old ip7
so can use to try this zero1 plan
Old 14-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #1947
Supremacy Member

Was testing hub network on mine side
Pretty bad on my office tower quite low signal hard to Even check Whatsppls on hub vs singtel still ok even in the toilet and when in doby ghaut mrt some area completed blind even fhe lift it’s not fully enclosed vs singtel stilll can get 4g

But when signal is good hub 3g is quite good look like hub need more signal tower to have better coverage
kenchi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #1948
Master Member

Just register the interest first.

By the way, where is MyRepublic, announce since last year still no sound no shadow, if they tap on M1 or Starhub line, then I'll stick to SingTel or Zero1.

Oh yes TPG probably can wait 1year latter, expect their focus would be CBD and mature estate.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...gapore-9229796

I guess earliest we will hear/see anything from TPG is either around end of this year or start of next year.

I'm not confident about MR. As they said, costs is a concern when they started to bid for the 4th telco and pulled out of it subsequently. How well can do they do and what can they offer when there are 3 MVNOs now.

Certainly, they can't fight costs. If they are going down to that level, I think very soon, you will find a lot of problems with them, unless they have better technologies to support them. Another possibility might be to expand hetnet coverage. They were trialing that... they have something to build on.

The other way is to copy Singtel... Limited mobile data + limited wifi data @ $X.
tiger2013 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #1949
Master Member

Was testing hub network on mine side
Pretty bad on my office tower quite low signal hard to Even check Whatsppls on hub vs singtel still ok even in the toilet and when in doby ghaut mrt some area completed blind even fhe lift itís not fully enclosed vs singtel stilll can get 4g

But when signal is good hub 3g is quite good look like hub need more signal tower to have better coverage
Was testing StarHub 4G on NSL, on most parts network performance is fine, but there are some serious network weak spots around the Orchard area. In between Yew Tee and Kranji also.

However, on M1 4G thereís no problem at all. The whole rail line have 4G coverage, both outdoors and inside tunnel. Only a short path near Lentor Ave fall back to 3G, that probably affects StarHub as well. (SingTel have base station site along the stretch to make sure no fallback.)

I think M1 4G in NEL has improved significantly as well, but I only took two times over the past month, so I canít confirm for sure.

Last edited by lohsenglte; 14-02-2018 at 05:41 PM..
Old 14-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #1950
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...gapore-9229796

I guess earliest we will hear/see anything from TPG is either around end of this year or start of next year.

I'm not confident about MR. As they said, costs is a concern when they started to bid for the 4th telco and pulled out of it subsequently. How well can do they do and what can they offer when there are 3 MVNOs now.

Certainly, they can't fight costs. If they are going down to that level, I think very soon, you will find a lot of problems with them, unless they have better technologies to support them. Another possibility might be to expand hetnet coverage. They were trialing that... they have something to build on.

The other way is to copy Singtel... Limited mobile data + limited wifi data @ $X.
3 MVNOs? 2? Zero1 and Cicle
ZrE0_Cha0s is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.