Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, initially I was told the same thing too. I was ready to drop the CIS offer and take the 5GB but before signing the contract, the sale guy told me that he can put wavier for the free call ID. So, whether it is the truth or not, I can only tell when the bill comes. :s13::s13: Anyways, comparing to my previous 4G 3, 11GB is already worth it even with caller ID.

I went to the NEX starhub. I think Starhub removed the "online" signup wording on their page.
sim only plan can waive caller id also?

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Current CIS comes with free caller ID but not the free 5gb. So wondering how he managed to get both. Lol
That's what the sales guy mentioned to me like he can waive it. Which I hope so is true also. See my bill come how. LOL!!

Anyway, I took at look at my pdf contract and there is a recurring monthly caller number display of $5.35. But I also see the following promotion details.

eNwZXNjl.jpg

So me also not sure really got waived or not. Hahahaha....

Sent from iPhone XSXRX Max using GAGT

Last edited:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sim only plan can waive caller id also?

By request to the sales staff upon sign-up/recontract.

Officially it is meant for 24-month contract to give free caller id for CIS according to T&C.
Hence most CIS with caller id is valid for 24-months and would not check during contract even if you do resign from the Coy with CIS.

Anyway CIS and the promotion are different matter and not related to each other.

Sales staff can decide to give or not as it is up to them to give the go-ahead or decision on some matters.

For example when i recontract and in one case the sales staff auto give free SIM card replacement.
But on another occasion the i specifically (demand) requested for free SIM card replacement as the sales staff had initially refused to.

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmph. am looking at the promo for singtel 10g sim only plan (giving additional 10g)
however, my concern is that on the 13th month, i will only be having the base data plan of 6g whereas the other service (i.e. 150 call min and 500sms, 4g data) will be remove. seems like not worth it since im on m1 obselete iphone 12g plan.

was also tempted to port to singtel cause of the singtel wifi but to my understanding, the free singtel wifi will stop after end dec 2018.

wonder should i still stay on the old m1 plan since im only paying about 42 per month. downside, i cannot enjoy the additional value added service.

caniggia

Reaction score
The starhub xs plan 11gb become only 8gb when checking out online. Issit must only do at shops?

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmph. am looking at the promo for singtel 10g sim only plan (giving additional 10g)
however, my concern is that on the 13th month, i will only be having the base data plan of 6g whereas the other service (i.e. 150 call min and 500sms, 4g data) will be remove. seems like not worth it since im on m1 obselete iphone 12g plan.

was also tempted to port to singtel cause of the singtel wifi but to my understanding, the free singtel wifi will stop after end dec 2018.

wonder should i still stay on the old m1 plan since im only paying about 42 per month. downside, i cannot enjoy the additional value added service.
after 12mth tpg is in the market and the plans will only get better with the competition. just enjoy for 12 mth and worry about other things later

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Currently living the truly big data life with 206GB a month from Singtel for 266SGD. Basically it's the Combo XO with data maxed out with excess data usage (18+188=206). Better than M1's 118 plan and Singtel's Data Infinity add-on with only a measly 50GB or up to 62GB.

206GB unthrottled, 300min talktime, 300SMS and caller ID all for 271 dollars. Compared to paying 239.90+39.90=279.80 dollars for Combo 12 with Data Infinity at 62GB unthrottled + 1Mbps unlimited (because trust me, with a 1Mbps speed you'll only be able to use like 4GB a day after surpassing the fair data policy limit of 12+50GB and some things just won't load). Or compared to 123 dollars for 50GB unthrottled (if you're lucky you could use like 93GB before the speed cap kicks in) + 1Mbps unlimited. Unlimited Calls and SMSes are more of a marketing gimmick as realistically typical usage is somewhere around 150mins, at most 500min or close to 1000min for heavy talktime users, and probably less than 200SMSes.

I have both the Combo XO and the M1 118 plan. Reason being contract with the latter hasn't ended and it doesn't make sense to end the contract until September next year when the early termination fees will be lower than the plan cost.

I used about 126GB last month and boy was the speed cap painful. Couldn't stand it. 1Mbps speed is jack shat for loading anything more than 480p videos or simple documents and audio. Can't even downloading big files properly for example game updates for PUBG mobile. 1Mbps isn't doing justice to be honest. M1 really doesn't know the almost unusable nature of such a turtle speed.

Same sentiment.

Last edited:

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun really want make a rash decision just because singtel data sim looks wuhua now. but minus the singtel wifi, services remove after 13th month, like very bo hua

Also as long as tpg Haven start in SG, I take it as still 3 telco

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Currently living the truly big data life with 206GB a month from Singtel for 266SGD. Basically it's the Combo XO with data maxed out with excess data usage (18+188=206). Better than M1's 118 plan and Singtel's Data Infinity add-on with only a measly 50GB or up to 62GB.

206GB unthrottled, 300min talktime, 300SMS and caller ID all for 271 dollars. Compared to paying 239.90+39.90=279.80 dollars for Combo 12 with Data Infinity at 62GB unthrottled + 1Mbps unlimited (because trust me, with a 1Mbps speed you'll only be able to use like 4GB a day after surpassing the fair data policy limit of 12+50GB and some things just won't load). Or compared to 123 dollars for 50GB unthrottled (if you're lucky you could use like 93GB before the speed cap kicks in) + 1Mbps unlimited. Unlimited Calls and SMSes are more of a marketing gimmick as realistically typical usage is somewhere around 150mins, at most 500min or close to 1000min for heavy talktime users, and probably less than 200SMSes.

I have both the Combo XO and the M1 118 plan. Reason being contract with the latter hasn't ended and it doesn't make sense to end the contract until September next year when the early termination fees will be lower than the plan cost.

I used about 126GB last month and boy was the speed cap painful. Couldn't stand it. 1Mbps speed is jack shat for loading anything more than 480p videos or simple documents and audio. Can't even downloading big files properly for example game updates for PUBG mobile. 1Mbps isn't doing justice to be honest. M1 really doesn't know the almost unusable nature of such a turtle speed.

What do you use so much mobile data for?

MonaLisaaa

Reaction score
I currently using Zero1 $19 plan, used 27GB last month. I’m NSF currently, staying in camp most of the time including weekend. Sometimes I get frustrated using the throttled speed... Is it worth it if I switch over to SH 11GB Plan?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I currently using Zero1 $19 plan, used 27GB last month. I’m NSF currently, staying in camp most of the time including weekend. Sometimes I get frustrated using the throttled speed... Is it worth it if I switch over to SH 11GB Plan?

Using 27GB data at throttled speeds is really something unthinkable for me lol.

Using full speed LTE will only make data usage go even higher, maybe even upwards of 35GB.

You're better off using M1 mySIM 3 50 + 5-for-5 for a total of 37GB (including 2GB port-in), maybe even 38GB if you've SAFRA Membership or NTUC Membership.

Note that including Caller ID, it'll cost $60.35/mth ($50/mth if NTUC member), triple your current Zero1 plan cost.

Slashing from 27GB to 11GB will be super painful, unless you're intending to do the big downloads of videos during weekend.

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

99.9% of the population wont even use that much data

plustwo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do you even survive with only 3gb of full speed :s13:

squarepipe

Reaction score

Must smartly allocate data lor. If u use alot of YouTube download the newpipe app to download yt videos to phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.