Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Same here.Staying in the North.Nowadays no connection issues.Past months yes a big problem.Coming from M1/Circle life user here.Porting to Circle life next January.

For me I have nothing against singtel other than the issue regarding disconnection during my game. That and singtel still charges all those administrative charges like sim card and activation which adds up to close to $50 already. Then have to pay for callerID which is another $5.35/month.

Having been on Singtel exclusively for over a decade, I did feel like my data ran out a little slower when I started using MR, M1, and Circles.Life. It might be just my mind playing tricks on me but last I checked, singtel t&c does state that "Usage within the bundled data shall be computed in blocks of 100KB even if less than 100KB is used". Which could be the reason. Zero1 even more power. Theirs is "Usage within the bundled data shall be computed in blocks of 1MB even if less than 1MB is used.”

I don't recall seeing such T&C's on the other telco or MVNO using their Network. It could be the same for all I know, but I felt like data ran out faster on singtel even before I found out about the T&C's. Haha.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TO ME... ANDROID hp, not worth to sign 2yr plan.only apple.
value keeps dropping every week.
take the 2 yrs $ get a non contract phone.

actually even apple also not that worth it liao, unless is during launch period. Price of the whole XS/XR series all quite a bit below Apple's RRP now. Just go off contract and sim only better.

Same here.Staying in the North.Nowadays no connection issues.Past months yes a big problem.Coming from M1/Circle life user here.Porting to Circle life next January.

I'm in AMK area, and it's been like that for a while. Like previously on Singtel Sim only (like over half a year back?) will have that connection issue in game once in a while in the afternoon, then at like 9pm-12am like that the issue will happen more frequently.

Once i switched to MyRepublic, all okay. My M1 and Circle.Life also okay when I play on my spare phone. Then when go to zero1 start again. totally forgot that issue was singtel related. Now pretty much every single game I play will have that disconnection issue once or twice. More if the game drags too long. It's almost like they have a timeout for the connection after a bit of time. Really don't know what's going on. :s22:

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TO ME... ANDROID hp, not worth to sign 2yr plan.only apple.
value keeps dropping every week.
take the 2 yrs $ get a non contract phone.
Nowadays not worth to sign contract for ANY phones. Just wait and get from retails better.

Sent from The Pain In The Butt using GAGT

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
circles suddenly sending emails to give 20gb/mth for 3 months... I guess too many people ported out from them.. :s13:

give so much data also no use.. this circles CIS plan is used by my mum who rarely use more than 5gb per month.. :o

Od8grMM.jpg

maAAdhS.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

bellick

Reaction score
Surprised no one is talking about one UI beta here. Just need to flash the German firmware via Odin and apply another update via sd card/ADB.

Germany and SG are all part of the multi CSC oxm firmware. Won't trip Knox, Samsung pay will still work.

Been running one UI for the past few days, pretty good so far.

warehaws

Reaction score
???? 10 chars

Surprised no one is talking about one UI beta here. Just need to flash the German firmware via Odin and apply another update via sd card/ADB.

Germany and SG are all part of the multi CSC oxm firmware. Won't trip Knox, Samsung pay will still work.

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

y u talking about samsung one ui here sia?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

siao lang spotted

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can call in 1633. They have like an automated voice message that will tell you still have or not. Heard it when I called in earlier this week. Btw just received my Starhub SIM today btw. Waiting for port in number then can start using Liao. :D

How to check if the free 10gb from starhub still have before signing up

leeerwin

Reaction score
Is the Singtel Sim only plan worth it ? Thinking of sign up one year and get 5gb + 5gb. Can anyone tell its valid ?

Currently on 3gb + 2gb, which is just enough for my usage as I use a lot of wifi.

jianlee

Master Member
Reaction score
circles suddenly sending emails to give 20gb/mth for 3 months... I guess too many people ported out from them.. :s13:

give so much data also no use.. this circles CIS plan is used by my mum who rarely use more than 5gb per month.. :o

If port to Starhub $25 got free 10gb for 12 mth, total 120gb still better than circle 3mth promo.

Some more Starhub even cheaper with the $30 promo code if online register.

Circle need to offer better to prevent further loss.

jianlee

Master Member
Reaction score
How to check if the free 10gb from starhub still have before signing up

http://www.starhub.com/personal/mobile.html

Just go there, still have, click next and grab the extra $30 discount code ....

"Our all-new no-contract SIM Only plans.

Plus, enjoy FREE 10GB every month for a year!

Plus, get $30 bill rebate with hellochange promo code!"

Promo code is "hellochange" , don't forget to key in

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Starhub roaming still got problem time to port out.
Zero1 $19 plan still no roaming. So cancel change to m1 or SingTel?

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 9 using GAGT

MBEvolutionX

Master Member
Reaction score

I am porting in from SingTel. Was unable to continue next step after adding to cart because I got “ no account “ in starhub. Not sure why so. Might be heading down physical store tml. Or if anyone can help how to port in online

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am porting in from SingTel. Was unable to continue next step after adding to cart because I got “ no account “ in starhub. Not sure why so. Might be heading down physical store tml. Or if anyone can help how to port in online

You need to create a new Hub ID account, if you do not have; for all services.

At the prompt "Need a phone with your SIM Only (No Contract) plan?" -> Click "No, thanks." if for no contract, or pick a phone for 2-years contract.

It will re-divert to input your Hub ID and password, if you have; or create one.

Follow the process by click once and wait for the system to response which might be slow at times.

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still think starhub is the most worth it for data heavy users for now. As mentioned, $25 for 3+10GB for now, 10GB valid for 12 months. So basically like singtel just no contract. It's $25 so $5 more, but with singtel caller ID is another $5.35. then if you new singtel or porting in, got sim card charges. Activation fee which adds up to like $48?

Then now got the promo with $30 bill rebate (5/month over 6 months) so paying $20 for 6 months only. Best of all no 12 months contract. Can switch to a better plan if other Telco offer something better.

Is the Singtel Sim only plan worth it ? Thinking of sign up one year and get 5gb + 5gb. Can anyone tell its valid ?

Currently on 3gb + 2gb, which is just enough for my usage as I use a lot of wifi.

MBEvolutionX

Master Member
Reaction score
You need to create a new Hub ID account, if you do not have; for all services.

At the prompt "Need a phone with your SIM Only (No Contract) plan?" -> Click "No, thanks." if for no contract, or pick a phone for 2-years contract.

It will re-divert to input your Hub ID and password, if you have; or create one.

Follow the process by click once and wait for the system to response which might be slow at times.

Thank you just tried again and manage to reach the porting page. Tml go transfer ownership at SingTel before porting over to starhub

007Mi6

Reaction score
Nowadays not worth to sign contract for ANY phones. Just wait and get from retails better.

Sent from The Pain In The Butt using GAGT

Not true....

I have 25% multi service saver and NTUC discount. $118 Plan, $1000 subsidy for iPhone XS 64GB (consider market price is $1450 from Normal price of $1649).

$1000/24 months is about $40+ subsidy.

Plan price is $118 x 75% (MSS) x 90% (NTUC) $79.65 and after deducting $40+ subsidy, about $40 max per month for unlimited everything.

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score

What about porting over from other telcos?

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.