Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do note if u go m1 is still bad in nEL line

I just test mine on 4g 3G on m1 network on same phone and vs singtel
From punggol to serangoon still ok
After serangon is bad on m1 even on 3G loading hwz is slow or struck and need wait till like bendemeer or further up then get stable connection

So m1 still a no no for me

So if the user used the nEL line often it's best not go for m1 even is cheaper unless he don't mind no connection for few station and some blind spot in town

Yes, this is true. I suffer this everyday traveling on the NEL line to work. :(

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lan Lan lor either wait till contract up then jump ship to hub or Singtel
No no to m1 or circle as circle tap on m1 network

Unless u purposes take the circle line aha and reroute to your destination

Yes, this is true. I suffer this everyday traveling on the NEL line to work. :(

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lan Lan lor either wait till contract up then jump ship to hub or Singtel
No no to m1 or circle as circle tap on m1 network

Unless u purposes take the circle line aha and reroute to your destination

Pun intended! :eek:

Ya, CCL on M1 is very fast, just like DTL. NSL and EWL (tunnel), not as fast and widely covered, still way better than NEL.

If I need to take NEL often I doubt I'll use M1 as well. :s22:

synace

Reaction score
Hi synace,

The registration fee ($10.70) and SIM card charge ($37.45) are applicable.

If you sign up for any SIM Only add-on, the above charges will be waived.

The promotion will end this Sunday, 4 June 2017.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks.

Sim only add-on can be "caller ID"?

Also, can I sign up by 4th June (to enjoy the promo rate) and activate the service only on 7th June?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pun intended! :eek:

Ya, CCL on M1 is very fast, just like DTL. NSL and EWL (tunnel), not as fast and widely covered, still way better than NEL.

If I need to take NEL often I doubt I'll use M1 as well. :s22:

ahah bro :D:D:D
ya sometimes i will purpose take the Downtown or CC line at least is not as pack on human and lag on m1 ahah just to use my m1 data

as i rotate my data on my singtel and m1 usage hahah

AMAT

Reaction score
Actually I don't quite understand the logic of this sim only plan, as it is killing its own postpaid mobile broadband plan as well as the other two telcos.

For example, all 3 telcos mobile broadband plan is having $20 for 2GB 4G data, but M1 mysim+20 also only $20, and with a contract of only 12 months, it can have 5GB 4G data (no contract 3GB, still more than 2GB), some more comes with 150 mins talktime, 800 sms and free incoming call also. So who will be so stupid to sign up the mobile broadband plan :s11:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I don't quite understand the logic of this sim only plan, as it is killing its own postpaid mobile broadband plan as well as the other two telcos.

For example, all 3 telcos mobile broadband plan is having $20 for 2GB 4G data, but M1 mysim+20 also only $20, and with a contract of only 12 months, it can have 5GB 4G data (no contract 3GB, still more than 2GB), some more comes with 150 mins talktime, 800 sms and free incoming call also. So who will be so stupid to sign up the mobile broadband plan :s11:
M1 mySIM+ 20 comes with 4GB data for 12 months, not 5GB.

Ya I'm as confused as you too. I think SIM-only is more catered for people that already owns the necessary equipments. The additional cost associated with Mobile Broadband is mainly for the equipment purchase.

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT

AMAT

Reaction score
M1 mySIM+ 20 comes with 4GB data for 12 months, not 5GB.

Ya I'm as confused as you too. I think SIM-only is more catered for people that already owns the necessary equipments. The additional cost associated with Mobile Broadband is mainly for the equipment purchase.

Bro, ya lor, I was also confused by the data. PC show brochure is 4Gb but website is 4Gb + 1Gb, that means better not sign up at PC show better ??

https://www.m1.com.sg/personal/mobile/plans/mysim

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, ya lor, I was also confused by the data. PC show brochure is 4Gb but website is 4Gb + 1Gb, that means better not sign up at PC show better ??

https://www.m1.com.sg/personal/mobile/plans/mysim
No la, see properly.

3GB base, +1GB during the 12 months. So it's 4GB data.

For reference, see the M1 mySIM+ 15 plan.
It's the same as 500MB base + 524MB additional data, therefore 1GB.

HRBFJOdl.png

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's good for people that wants to get 2 year handset contract.

If the person wants to take advantage of the 25% discount for 12 months, he/she must sign up for Reg+ ($82/mth) plan or upgrade and re-contract to Reg ($62/mth) plan.

Reg vs Reg+, the handset subsidy difference is not much. In fact Reg with the discount and handset subsidy is almost the same level as Lite+ prices.

Reg vs Lite+: Typically ~$250 more subsidy on Reg plan.
Savings on 12 months with Reg discount: $186
Total subsidy: ~$436
Effective price on Reg plan compared to Lite+: ~$43.83/mth

Around $3/mth more, you get 1GB more data, 100 mins outgoing calls more, 200 SMS/MMS more.
For Youth Benefits (like me), I get 2GB more data compared to 1GB as well. (Youth Lite+ 5GB, Reg Lite+ 7GB).

Reg+ vs Reg: Typically ~$100 more handset subsidy compared to Reg, and ~$350 compared to Lite+
Savings on 12 months with Reg+ plan: $246

Total subsidy compared to Lite+: ~$596
Effective rate of Reg+ compared to Lite+: ~$57.17/mth
You may get 2GB more on normal plans and more talk and text, but you're better off getting M1 Upsized Data Plus and get even more data on Lite+ (total: 7GB), while still having a lower rate ($53.90/mth).

Total subsidy compared to Reg: ~$346
Effective rate of Reg+ compared to Reg: ~$67.58/mth
Effective rate of Reg plan without comparing subsidies: $54.25/mth
Again, the additional 1GB/mth and additional talktime/text may not be worth it for many. Get the Upsized Data Plus and still save a little, while getting 5GB/mth more (after deducting 1GB less).

That's why I said, loophole to get to two year contract is worth the extra trip.

Hmm. So if I were to get just the mySIM 20 plan now, wait until the new iPhone release and then swap to Reg/Reg+, will the loophole still be in effect?

IAmZTX

Reaction score
Some people happily recontract without doing proper calculation. Happily thinking that those handset received are free of charge. But in actual fact, its all calculated. So people who bought their phones elsewhere / don't need a new phone will tend to get this kind of plan.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, my eyes/brain bad :s13: maybe time to go to bed...
Hahaha

I tried signing up online, unfortunately, the fees are not waived even if I've selected the "caller ID" as add-on service.
I doubt the add-on service is referring to the standard VAS for all plans.
I think the waiver is valid for the 1-for-1 GB, talktime and SMS/MMS add-on for SIM-only plans.

Hmm. So if I were to get just the mySIM 20 plan now, wait until the new iPhone release and then swap to Reg/Reg+, will the loophole still be in effect?
Nobody knows if the promo is still valid till September or not.
M1 only states till 30 June 2017.

I also don't think they'll drag the promotion for half a year, it'll seriously impact their profits.

(It started on 1 April 2017 when they celebrate the 20th anniversary.)

Some people happily recontract without doing proper calculation. Happily thinking that those handset received are free of charge. But in actual fact, its all calculated. So people who bought their phones elsewhere / don't need a new phone will tend to get this kind of plan.
Ya especially the free phones on lower end plans (~$28/mth or ~$42/mth) are typically phones that are way too cheap or the carrier is actually trying to discard from their inventory.

That's why I also do many calculations to see if it's actually worth or not.

I downgraded my mum's line from Lite+ to mySIM+ 15 after knowing her usage typically won't cause the charges to exceed.

Mine however, to consolidate two Postpaid Mobile lines into one (usage 5.5-6.5GB per month total), I know the mySIM+ 20 with Upsized Data Plus isn't really worth it when the Reg with 25% discount for 12 months was launched, as I get 7GB in the bundle as Youth Benefits (4GB base + 3GB Youth.) If really need to, I can also add up to additional 9GB data via Upsized Data Super to get 16GB per month (3GB/6GB also can, Upsized Data and Upsized Data Plus respectively.)

That's why I upgraded even though I only completed 5 months+ of the mySIM contract. (Already long known that upgrade to contract plans of higher subscription rates from mySIM won't have penalty even without completing the contract.)

hML1Wijl.jpg

(The price I've to pay if I downgrade or cancel my mySIM plan prematurely, excluding GST.)

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys,is it possible to convert from starhub prepaid to m1 postpaid? Need to pay any fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.