Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

workedmw

Reaction score
so m1 actually gives 10GB to 20GB extra for their mysim plans. but how long will they continue to give these extra GB??

they can stop anytime? or once sign contract means they have to keep giving?

cal3135

Reaction score
Mine public 12months contract w/o handsets ... 5+10G ... i aksed why need to annotate +10 ....meaning ?

M1 mentioned so they are able to remove the +10 at a later time when necessary ..
(Those signed12mth will not be affected)

vtHY2rH.jpg

so m1 actually gives 10GB to 20GB extra for their mysim plans. but how long will they continue to give these extra GB??

SibehHL

Reaction score

Surely you are aware that the other 2 telcos are doing the same as well right? For SIM only plans, Singtel gives a 15GB data for recontract and Starhub gives 13GB + weekend unlimited data. So as long as the other two telcos are giving, M1 will not stop.

Why think so much? Just enjoy it lah... and last year this time Sinktel gave me a "generous" bonus of +3 GB of data in exchange for a 12 months contract :(

Last edited:

eric3743

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

These 10GB or more extra are of promotional offer by all Telco.

Promotional offer can be changed anytime as they like unless otherwise stated on the promotion period.

But if you sign up while on promotion then it would last till the contract end or terminated.

idunnomyname

Reaction score
Anyone know if zero1 port to singtel cis plan can get port in free 3gb/mth and handsets discount?

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A6000

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Anyone know if zero1 port to singtel cis plan can get port in free 3gb/mth and handsets discount?

Handset discount is available as long as you sign up the CIS plan. But port from Zero1 might not get the free 3gb bonus as Zero1 using SingTel network. You can try go SingTel shop to ask. I know online store confirm cannot.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

lance88

Reaction score
Surely you are aware that the other 2 telcos are doing the same as well right? For SIM only plans, Singtel gives a 15GB data for recontract and Starhub gives 13GB + weekend unlimited data. So as long as the other two telcos are giving, M1 will not stop.

Why think so much? Just enjoy it lah... and last year this time Sinktel gave me a "generous" bonus of +3 GB of data in exchange for a 12 months contract :(

exactly the reason I went to circle life, its a non-contract plan and +500mb/6 mths. So after every round of contract my data just get more and more. I also dont need more than current data.

Unless telco continue to have data war or by next year or two, you are stuck to telco mercy and wrecking your brain over mini savings or what telco have to offer. Too much hassle.

SibehHL

Reaction score
exactly the reason I went to circle life, its a non-contract plan and +500mb/6 mths. So after every round of contract my data just get more and more. I also dont need more than current data.

Unless telco continue to have data war or by next year or two, you are stuck to telco mercy and wrecking your brain over mini savings or what telco have to offer. Too much hassle.

The first telco to remove "free" data will lose half their customer overnight.

Large data plans are here to stay.

Wouldn't use the term minor savings in my case; saved more than $300 yearly jumping from Red to Orange while getting 3x more data.

But seriously, why do we even worry about 12 months later whether if telcos will continue giving "free" data? If they don't, simply port over to another provider.....

Last edited:

idunnomyname

Reaction score
Handset discount is available as long as you sign up the CIS plan. But port from Zero1 might not get the free 3gb bonus as Zero1 using SingTel network. You can try go SingTel shop to ask. I know online store confirm cannot.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT

Cos I check with m1 then they say iphone no port in handset discount. After selling the iphone to cover bill, still quute exp based on my usage. Thgt shld just sign up starhub simonly for 1 month then switch back to singtel for port in benefits.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't use the term minor savings in my case; saved more than $300 yearly jumping from Red to Orange while getting 3x more data.

But seriously, why do we even worry about 12 months later whether if telcos will continue giving "free" data? If they don't, simply port over to another provider.....

Yeah I agree too, If any of them remove their promotion data, current customers on 12mth contract will most likely flip table and be more willing to port out for better offers.

Also cost of data is going down, other countries gave very generous data bundle. Moreover, with TPG giving very generous data, guess they will find a way to tackle the TPG.

boliao45

Reaction score
Historically this happened before, all 3 telcos offering 12gb data on 3g network, then they all cut down to 2gb data bundle on 4g network. we are now again at the juncture i.e. 5g network is in pipeline very soon with much lesser starting data bundle.

SibehHL

Reaction score
Historically this happened before, all 3 telcos offering 12gb data on 3g network, then they all cut down to 2gb data bundle on 4g network. we are now again at the juncture i.e. 5g network is in pipeline very soon with much lesser starting data bundle.

5G not happening as soon as we thought. Will we use Huawei? Or we go for the half baked vendors who are deemed secured? Your guess as good as mine. Not forgetting now we have Circles.Life / Zero / My Republic / TPG and I think a few more vendors to choose from when we eventually migrate to 5G.

Meantime, I am enjoying my M1 16GB data plan for $20 monthly, savings of $25 each month from my previous plan with just 3+3GB data.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Circle life cost more than M1 mysim20, but offer more data and like you said, no contract.

But have to depend on each user case. I use 5-6GB per month now so 15GB is more than enough for me. S$20 for M1 settle everything for me. It's 12 month contract but S$20 everything in sounds like a better deal for me.

I think circle life no more $120 cash back if u port your number to them, correct me if im wrong.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

500MB for 6mth is too little and have to wait too long... effectively u end up "sign" contract for 2yrs just to get 2GB free... some more it's not like u get the 2GB for these 2yrs... basically u only get extra data when u decide to stay with them for long time... :s13:

as for 1yr contract... u get alot more data free and UPFRONT... 1yr contract is not too long... if telcos continue to have data or price war u can always hop to a diff telco after 1yr... very fast 1yr will be over... :s13:

so if u ask me... between the two schemes above... the first one bo hua la... :s13:

regards,
wacky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.