Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #4036
Supremacy Member

To apply for multisim its still 48 dollars which is ridiculus
Multi-SIM is a value-added services.

As like any other services there are charges involves and as per request.

However there are avenue to seek for wavier in any charges.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #4037
Master Member

I signed up for starhub choosing port in from SingTel. After that they give me a number. Then nothing else stated about my port in. Did I complete the port in and retain my old number??
Old 14-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #4038
Supremacy Member

Better to sign up online for starhub right? If physical store no hellochange? Everything else same?
For store there is a need to be prepared to wait for hours due to the latest new mobile plans.

Benefit on Online is the $30 bill rebate on "hellochange" promo.. may last till 16 Dec 2018 on 12.12 promotion.
Take note on the delivery which there may be delayed due to demand & delivery route.
Old 14-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #4039
Supremacy Member

I signed up for starhub choosing port in from SingTel. After that they give me a number. Then nothing else stated about my port in. Did I complete the port in and retain my old number??
If you just signed up, they'll send an email with the service agreement which should indicate the porting if you selected it.

I ported in from zero1. Received the sim with a temp number ytd noon. Received SMS on my main number that port-in process started, will go after 11pm. 11+ like that Zero1 SIM stopped working, put in starhub SIM then went to bed liao. When i woke up number already ported over.
Old 14-12-2018, 04:15 PM   #4040

Can confirm. Port over takes 5-10mins usually. Happens at 11pm. Process might be delayed 1-3 minutes due to queue.

If you just signed up, they'll send an email with the service agreement which should indicate the porting if you selected it.

I ported in from zero1. Received the sim with a temp number ytd noon. Received SMS on my main number that port-in process started, will go after 11pm. 11+ like that Zero1 SIM stopped working, put in starhub SIM then went to bed liao. When i woke up number already ported over.
Old 14-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #4041
Master Member

Donít have any info on the port in but got a temp number under SIM card and number (TriSIM | 8******) . Donít have any mention of my old number
Old 14-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #4042
Supremacy Member

Don’t have any info on the port in but got a temp number under SIM card and number (TriSIM | 8******) . Don’t have any mention of my old number
This is the email they send right after the order right? in that email i got, i saw (TriSIM | 8******) too, but no port in details.

It's not this email. It's one with the service agreement in the form of a password encrypted PDF file? did you get that yet?
Old 14-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #4043
Master Member

This is the email they send right after the order right? in that email i got, i saw (TriSIM | 8******) too, but no port in details.

It's not this email. It's one with the service agreement in the form of a password encrypted PDF file? did you get that yet?
Yes thatís the email after I ordered. Havenít receive the other with PDF file yet
Old 14-12-2018, 05:40 PM   #4044
Supremacy Member

Yes that’s the email after I ordered. Haven’t receive the other with PDF file yet
Then just wait a bit ba. I got that second email about a day later.

BTW, when you get your temporary number, can try to make use of it for like grabfood or what. haha. they have that $8 (8TASTY promo code) off first two order now. When I got the temp number, I registered a new grab account using that number, ordered like a creamy chicken pasta on grabfood for lunch, paid like $0.90. :p

Last edited by Alexz_Hong; 14-12-2018 at 05:44 PM..
Old 14-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #4045
Master Member

Then just wait a bit ba. I got that second email about a day later.

BTW, when you get your temporary number, can try to make use of it for like grabfood or what. haha. they have that $8 (8TASTY promo code) off first two order now. When I got the temp number, I registered a new grab account using that number, ordered like a creamy chicken pasta on grabfood for lunch, paid like $0.90. :p
Ok! Thank you! Hopefully I did everything right
Old 14-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #4046
Supremacy Member

The free sim and registration, can request for nfc sim card?
I think the NFC SIM may have been discontinued.
still available when I ported to StarHub in April this year..

For the NFC SIM card is a separate matter require to pay for it and there is no free for this in any way.

Most likely due to the chip is related to EZ-Link where there are cost involved.
I got mine for free because I called StarHub before my phone and SIM delivery and told the cso I wanted a NFC SIM. CSO said don't worry the SIM card can support NFC payment function just need to activate the starhub mobile wallet after the SIM is delivery and activated.

I told her to confirm her info because I read thru their website before the call and saw that StarHub already ceased the mobile wallet app for quite a while already.. but in the end she don't want make use of the chance to check and confirm and told me the new SIM that is scheduled to be delivered to me will support NFC function.

so long story short, SIM card was the normal one. called their centre ops manager direct line and ask her listen to the call and resolve the matter.. in the end a delivery was scheduled within the day to deliver the NFC SIM card to me foc.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Old 14-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #4047
Supremacy Member

still available when I ported to StarHub in April this year..

I got mine for free because I called StarHub before my phone and SIM delivery and told the cso I wanted a NFC SIM. CSO said don't worry the SIM card can support NFC payment function just need to activate the starhub mobile wallet after the SIM is delivery and activated.

I told her to confirm her info because I read thru their website before the call and saw that StarHub already ceased the mobile wallet app for quite a while already.. but in the end she don't want make use of the chance to check and confirm and told me the new SIM that is scheduled to be delivered to me will support NFC function.

so long story short, SIM card was the normal one. called their centre ops manager direct line and ask her listen to the call and resolve the matter.. in the end a delivery was scheduled within the day to deliver the NFC SIM card to me foc.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Just now at Starhub shop the CSO told me that NFC SIM card may be on the way out.

So advise no point to get the NFC SIM card for my replacement.

Anyway i still have an expired NFC SIM card which is still usable for EZ-Link as the amount is available.

Last edited by eric3743; 14-12-2018 at 11:09 PM..
Old 14-12-2018, 11:57 PM   #4048
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, on starhub website it states :
Upon delivery, please present the following documents to help us verify your order

A print-out of the order confirmation email

Those who have received your sim card, do they really insist on a Print-out of the email?
Can just show them soft copy on phone?
Old 14-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #4049

Hi guys, on starhub website it states :
Upon delivery, please present the following documents to help us verify your order

A print-out of the order confirmation email

Those who have received your sim card, do they really insist on a Print-out of the email?
Can just show them soft copy on phone?
Just show NRIC is enough.
Old 15-12-2018, 12:07 AM   #4050
Supremacy Member

Just show NRIC is enough.
Thanks alot bro!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.