Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2018, 06:14 PM   #4201
High Supremacy Member

Port to Singtel or M1. Problem slove

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT
Singtel even worse. Lots of places don't have good receptions.

Sent from The Pain In The Butt using GAGT
Old 20-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #4202

Depend on your location. My estate at Hougang M1 mostly 3G signal & 1-2 bar M1 4G.
My fastest M1 speed is at my nearby park.

I called M1 CSO about NTUC Card, she said black card without the vIsa/MasterCard nt valid. Maybe depend on the shop?
Old 20-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #4203

is this a sensible conclusion

if going for Android phone,
cheaper to go for SIM-only + full retail purchase of Android phone

if going for iPhone,
cheaper to go for 24-month contract + telco set of iPhone
For the past and maybe now, yes for both. But the recent newest iphone model price drop quite fast.

For andriod, can get it from those mobile shop even as a brand new set. They are very different price from the official retail brand shop.
Old 20-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #4204

For the past and maybe now, yes for both. But the recent newest iphone model price drop quite fast.

For andriod, can get it from those mobile shop even as a brand new set. They are very different price from the official retail brand shop.
Yeah agree. Best to do comparison before committing. I still got quite a good deal back then during new iPhone launch ($13-14 per month) after CIS discount/phone trade in, but pales in comparison to recent mysim promotion of 13gb for $20.

Latest iPhone prices plunge after the 1st month or so unlike the previous years. Difference can be as much as $100 or more within a month from launch and price just become lower as time progress.
Old 20-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #4205

Been using singtel for 10 years. Where is this "places" that dont have good reception you are talking about ?
Old 21-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #4206
Supremacy Member

For those that sign up with M1 using NTUC card, did they check your name on the card to your IC?
Old 21-12-2018, 03:38 AM   #4207
Supremacy Member

For those that sign up with M1 using NTUC card, did they check your name on the card to your IC?
Yes. NTUC and SAFRA benefits must be tied to the subscriber.
Old 21-12-2018, 03:46 AM   #4208
Supremacy Member

Been using singtel for 10 years. Where is this "places" that dont have good reception you are talking about ?
It depends on the handset. I had the iPhone 6S Plus (HK unit), I've tons of issues regarding LTE reception for SingTel Mobile.
More than any other carrier, I just get kicked out of SingTel 4G to No Service then go back to SingTel 3G (and stay there for quite some time).

Even StarHub network, the worse among the 3 operators, still manage to retain LTE connection much better. And M1 4G is basically everywhere I go, rarely back to 3G (and by then reception is normally almost near zero).

Switch to the Mi Mix 2, SingTel 4G is much more stable already, though I'm just saying reception. Speed wise, can still feel M1 4G faster, in both normal usage (video streaming/web browsing/social media) and high intensity usage (downloading apps etc).

Heck, not even sure what SingTel did, Instagram looks like crap for videos (both posts and stories), when there's no such problems on M1.
Old 21-12-2018, 07:24 AM   #4209

Yes. Will check

Old 21-12-2018, 09:22 AM   #4210
Supremacy Member

It depends on the handset. I had the iPhone 6S Plus (HK unit), I've tons of issues regarding LTE reception for SingTel Mobile.
More than any other carrier, I just get kicked out of SingTel 4G to No Service then go back to SingTel 3G (and stay there for quite some time).

Even StarHub network, the worse among the 3 operators, still manage to retain LTE connection much better. And M1 4G is basically everywhere I go, rarely back to 3G (and by then reception is normally almost near zero).

Switch to the Mi Mix 2, SingTel 4G is much more stable already, though I'm just saying reception. Speed wise, can still feel M1 4G faster, in both normal usage (video streaming/web browsing/social media) and high intensity usage (downloading apps etc).

Heck, not even sure what SingTel did, Instagram looks like crap for videos (both posts and stories), when there's no such problems on M1.
Agree. M1 latency is the lowest amongst all telcos. Responsiveness of network is faster of the 3.
Old 21-12-2018, 11:01 PM   #4211

Screenshot from singtel and it say it all no need too much word....lol

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Last edited by virus2977; 21-12-2018 at 11:04 PM..
Old 21-12-2018, 11:28 PM   #4212

Convert your MLS to MSS, you can enjoy 20% MSS ($14) AND 10% NTUC ($5.60) discount.

Pay only $50.40 only

MLS eligibility for mySIM E is gone and therefore other eligible lines will drop discount tier to 20% too, so may as well switch to MSS.

Yearly recontract on one of the time too, $350 voucher since at least one of the lines have Reg and above plan (mySIM E 70 > Reg).

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT
Ya but MSS need at least 2 mobile lines. I only have 1.
Old 21-12-2018, 11:35 PM   #4213

I will rate Singtelthe best, follow by M1.

My work phone iPhone 6s with Singte for 3 years didnít really have much problem. Only few outage incidents for the last few months. LTE and volte works perfectly.

Personal phone with M1 some time full bar also no data activities in some occasions. Happened in Changi WWP NEX ION Orchard before, speechless. Those are not ULU places still CMI.

SH during 3G era really Cui, now I am not sure.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:11 AM   #4214

*** delete duplicate post ***
Old 22-12-2018, 01:12 AM   #4215

I will rate Singtelthe best, follow by M1.

My work phone iPhone 6s with Singte for 3 years didnít really have much problem. Only few outage incidents for the last few months. LTE and volte works perfectly.

Personal phone with M1 some time full bar also no data activities in some occasions. Happened in Changi WWP NEX ION Orchard before, speechless. Those are not ULU places still CMI.

SH during 3G era really Cui, now I am not sure.
Same, started with SH > ST > M1 and back to SH.

ST signal is best and speed is also fastest, but downside is the most expensive.

M1 is above average and previously before SH came out with SIM only plan, really nothing to complain about the value & performance.

15 years later and today back on SH because of coporate business plan, still as shitty as usual. Lousy signal in alot of places.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.