LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #4231
Arch-Supremacy Member

ST vs M1
in terms of underground lines?
Old 22-12-2018, 01:22 PM   #4232
Supremacy Member

Thanks for your reply!

In that case, if I decided up to switch over and sign up for M1 plan before the 10 January, will there be any termination charges or early termination charges from Singtel? (since it's 1 year contract, not sure if it's the same treatment as other 2-year more expensive Combo plans)

Or based on your opinion, do you think it would be better to go sign up for the M1 plan on 10 January itself, so that Singtel will lapse naturally without any possible termination charges to me?
Suggest to port over and sign up on the day after expiry date instead.

Porting process usually done in the evening and completed by midnight weekday.

Contract expiry date is the last day of contract.
Termination on and before expiry would occur termination charges which is usually based by per month subscription.

If you are unsure please do check & confirm with Telco CSO.
Old 22-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #4233
Supremacy Member

Thanks for your reply!

In that case, if I decided up to switch over and sign up for M1 plan before the 10 January, will there be any termination charges or early termination charges from Singtel? (since it's 1 year contract, not sure if it's the same treatment as other 2-year more expensive Combo plans)

Or based on your opinion, do you think it would be better to go sign up for the M1 plan on 10 January itself, so that Singtel will lapse naturally without any possible termination charges to me?

Termination on and before expiry would occur termination charges which is usually based by per month subscription.

Yes, it's recommended to port over only on 11 Jan. Yes you'll have to restrict your usages on the days that are not on contract till you port over, but it's worth it cause penalty charges for SingTel SIM-Only is the whole month worth of subscription iirc.

Sent from Xiaomi MI MIX 2 using GAGT
Old 22-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #4234
Supremacy Member

ST vs M1
in terms of underground lines?
I've no issues using M1 4G in the train tunnels nowadays, including NEL, at least during off peak hour. Not very sure about peak hour performance though.

Old 22-12-2018, 02:40 PM   #4235

Oh so your number of eligible lines drop from 3 to 0 now?

Initially I had 2 lines plus one data line. Then a few years back I terminated one line. They retained my discount.
Old 22-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #4236
Supremacy Member

Initially I had 2 lines plus one data line. Then a few years back I terminated one line. They retained my discount.
Oh wow not bad hahaha

Old 22-12-2018, 07:18 PM   #4237

To make things clear, porting takes place 11pm of the said porting date. Porting process ends by midnight.

Old 22-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #4238

Yes, it's recommended to port over only on 11 Jan. Yes you'll have to restrict your usages on the days that are not on contract till you port over, but it's worth it cause penalty charges for SingTel SIM-Only is the whole month worth of subscription iirc.

One further question though:

My contract ends on 10 Jan right?

So if I go port over to M1 on 11 Jan, and assuming for some whatever reasons, the porting over is only completed on 12 Jan, which means I'd be still be on Singtel plan on 11 Jan.

In that case, will I still be liable to a full month's subscription charge of Singtel for just that 1 day's 11 Jan usage? Or will it be pro-rated instead?

And one more question: I've never ported over to any telco before. Been with Singtel forever. Will there be there any issues with porting over, like delay in sending SMS/calls or something? I remember a long time ago I've read news of/heard of people facing a lot of issues when they ported over their numbers. But not sure if the technology now is better nowadays.

Would appreciate any advice before I port over to M1.

Thank you eric3743 and lohsenglte so much for your advice! I really appreciate it!
Old 22-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #4239
Supremacy Member

So if I go port over to M1 on 11 Jan, and assuming for some whatever reasons, the porting over is only completed on 12 Jan, which means I'd be still be on Singtel plan on 11 Jan.

In that case, will I still be liable to a full month's subscription charge of Singtel for just that 1 day's 11 Jan usage? Or will it be pro-rated instead?

And one more question: I've never ported over to any telco before. Been with Singtel forever. Will there be there any issues with porting over, like delay in sending SMS/calls or something? I remember a long time ago I've read news of/heard of people facing a lot of issues when they ported over their numbers. But not sure if the technology now is better nowadays.

Thank you eric3743 and lohsenglte so much for your advice! I really appreciate it!
It'll be prorated for the day of usage, subscription charges etc.

The porting process depends on telco. Last time when switching from SingTel to M1, I couldn't access data services at all after 4pm on my SingTel line, had to use the M1 line with the temporary number to access the web.

Voice calls was working though.

I'm not sure if the billing issue still happen on SingTel network or not though, I ported over back in 2013.

Old 22-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #4240
Supremacy Member

Hey guys, i switched from M1 to StarHub,
so i received my ST sim card on tue, where the delivery guy also told me the line should be ported over in 2 days,
but till now (Sat night) four days already my line is still not ported over. my M1 line is still working.
is this normal?
or izzit this 2 weeks they're overwhelmed with pple switching telcos/plans so it's taking longer than usual?
Old 22-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #4241
mun

You might want to call up starhub to check your port in request. I just signed up m1 mysim3 yesterday afternoon and port in from zero1. The port in was successfully done yesterday midnight and my m1 is usable today.

Posted from PCWX using BLA-L29
Old 22-12-2018, 11:13 PM   #4242
Supremacy Member

Porting on weekday should not be an issue.

Do ensure you do not have any outstanding bill amount with Singtel and if any do settle before proceed to port.

Since you will be issue the SIM card you can use it especially on data.
Any queries you have such as any prorated usage & porting timing then ask the sales staff.

There should have a SMS to inform on the porting process &or timing.
Old 22-12-2018, 11:18 PM   #4243
Supremacy Member

Hey guys, i switched from M1 to StarHub,
so i received my ST sim card on tue, where the delivery guy also told me the line should be ported over in 2 days,
but till now (Sat night) four days already my line is still not ported over. my M1 line is still working.
is this normal?
or izzit this 2 weeks they're overwhelmed with pple switching telcos/plans so it's taking longer than usual?

Have you restart the phone with Starhub SIM card.

Contact Starhub hotline 1633 to chase them to expedite if not completed yet.

Last time Starhub sales staff told me that porting is done on weekdays.
Old 23-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #4244

You need to wait for your M1 line to be cut b4 you can start using the SH SIM.

Call 1630 to check whats causing the delay.

Sent from 当断不断, 害人害己 using GAGT
Old 23-12-2018, 09:43 AM   #4245
Master Member

Porting to M1 is very fast and good. Few months ago I ported from my legacy 12Gb SingTel line to M1 because I took phone with contract. Weekday morning I bought the phone with contract and given M1 sim with temp number. Porting was done around on same day around midnight. I saw my SingTel sim no signal after midnight, and I tested my M1 sim and it has changed from temp no. to my phone number already. Test call, SMS , data all OK.

Sent from Rocket Uno cruising in Midnight Black Galaxy No. 9 using GAGT
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.