HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree762Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #5476

is there a cancellation charge if I cancel my M1 contract to join another telco?
You will have to pay the early termination fees. And it depends on what plan you sign. You can refer back to the contract you signed.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
Shadowz1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #5477
Supremacy Member

is there a cancellation charge if I cancel my M1 contract to join another telco?
Yes if you had signed a contract with a contractual term. Call m1 to check the ETC
Jurong640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #5478

I myself have tried all 3 MNO networks...

Singtel has been the most consistent, outputting consistent speeds. Latency wise loses out to M1 by a bit but there are some sites M1 network is unable to access for me, whereas I have no issues with Singtel network in accessing those sites. StarHub recent network isn't great, constantly dropping to 0B/s then coming back to normal speeds again. I suspect the data allocated is per block for StarHub... Won't depend on StarHub due to this problem I got with their network.. not consistent in data speed.

I just want Singtel to be more flexible with their data roaming packages, and in future maybe allow for something similar to Data Passport to be implemented. Also hope for Singtel to grant free Unlimited Weekend Data for all subscribers, even those on Combo XO plans.

Ya lor, more or less, most are the same

If the network is bad at your home, you can call them up and they will fix it. That was how Singtel, M1, Starhub worked.
People call them one by one and they start expanding the infra to reach out. I think it's an IDA requirement on something

The only thing that is confirmed and tangible is the price.
galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 03:04 PM   #5479
Master Member

if u simply just want M1... i'd say just be patient and wait a while... i'm sure they wouldn't wan to be left as the only telco without a SIM only plan that cost $20 (or less) including caller ID...

regards,
wacky

I've also been on M1 MySim20 No Contract. Been waiting for them to offer free Caller ID till neck long long. Tempted to switch to GOMO but keep reading forumers saying service bad, signal bad.
starship888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #5480
Supremacy Member

I myself have tried all 3 MNO networks...

Singtel has been the most consistent, outputting consistent speeds. Latency wise loses out to M1 by a bit but there are some sites M1 network is unable to access for me, whereas I have no issues with Singtel network in accessing those sites. StarHub recent network isn't great, constantly dropping to 0B/s then coming back to normal speeds again. I suspect the data allocated is per block for StarHub... Won't depend on StarHub due to this problem I got with their network.. not consistent in data speed.

I just want Singtel to be more flexible with their data roaming packages, and in future maybe allow for something similar to Data Passport to be implemented. Also hope for Singtel to grant free Unlimited Weekend Data for all subscribers, even those on Combo XO plans.
Great to know from someone who have been on 3 telcos. I personally only used M1 and MyRepublic so far. MyRepublic as what you said about starhub is true. Hoping to port to singtel for better network, but hopefully they can be more flexible.
Just want to find a good place to port my myrepublic out. My other m1 line still using good
Old 27-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #5481

I switched to M1 from Singtel last year and Singtel network is better especially indoor coverage. Was on on Starhub many donkeys years ago, very poor network and I heard the same from hwz forumers and frds. Never going to Starhub.
SuperDecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #5482
Supremacy Member

I switched to M1 from Singtel last year and Singtel network is better especially indoor coverage. Was on on Starhub many donkeys years ago, very poor network and I heard the same from hwz forumers and frds. Never going to Starhub.
Quite true for singtel indoor coverage. My office here, m1 and starhub has no 4G, both engineers had came down and verified that the building only has aging 3G repeated and no 4G repeaters. Colleagues on singtel has no complains, only m1 and starhub has issues.

P/s: there is also no issue with TPG too alongside with Singtel.
Old 27-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #5483

Oh yup, like S10e its selling RRP. But if get from Kasia, it's much cheaper.
Yes....but no installment . I buy from Carousell bec it will be cheaper than retail shops like Kasia........but must have patience to look out for good deals. A lot of Carousell sellers either have no idea current market price and price their goods above retail shops.....those who know, will price at least 5% to 10% off the market price to quickly sell their phones.

Only caveat dealing with Carousell sellers are scammers....I avoid all these by looking for original receipt, meet up for COD and if possible, sealed sets.
Old 27-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #5484

Quite true for singtel indoor coverage. My office here, m1 and starhub has no 4G, both engineers had came down and verified that the building only has aging 3G repeated and no 4G repeaters. Colleagues on singtel has no complains, only m1 and starhub has issues.

P/s: there is also no issue with TPG too alongside with Singtel.
you already said its the building, should bring it up to the building mgmt. not m1 or starhub fault.
lance88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #5485
Supremacy Member

you already said its the building, should bring it up to the building mgmt. not m1 or starhub fault.
Yeah, but it will take a very long process. Every day in office have to manually switch to 3G network.
Old 27-03-2019, 08:46 PM   #5486
Master Member

Any review/feedback on gomo reception so far?
assiak71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 12:29 AM   #5487
Master Member

https://pages.circles.life/baseplanupgrade/
20gb for $18

Does circles have free incoming?
Old 28-03-2019, 09:04 AM   #5488
Master Member

No contract
$20 or cheaper
Free caller id
Free incoming calls
Some outgoing talktime
Some sms

Which plans satisfy?

Then among those that satisfy, which has roaming (allow to receive sms otp when overseas)?
Old 28-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #5489

https://pages.circles.life/baseplanupgrade/
20gb for $18

Does circles have free incoming?
nope, no free incoming calls with Circles
cruizer_ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 10:43 AM   #5490

Go for m1 or zero1

No contract
$20 or cheaper
Free caller id
Free incoming calls
Some outgoing talktime
Some sms

Which plans satisfy?

Then among those that satisfy, which has roaming (allow to receive sms otp when overseas)?
shawnng is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.