HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2019, 06:53 PM   #5551
Master Member

Before cis roadshow come, still need to select a no contract sim only plan to switch to

So go for a sim only which is different from the telco you will recontract eventually to enjoy potential port in promo?
Old 30-03-2019, 02:20 AM   #5552
Supremacy Member

If your company has CIS and the telco went down to your company for roadshow, it worths for you to take a look.

I got quite a good offer today. Sign up for starhub $50 plan. Got additional free 800 mins talk time. With CIS, monthly cost is $40. Purchase Mate 20 X at $79 and sold it off at $840. Divide the profit by 24 mths, monthly I am like paying less than $9 for 900 mins outgoing calls, 15gb data with unlimited weekends.

Got another deal for M1 CIS roadshow too. Lite+ plan with CIS is $25.50 monthly. They give 400 mins outgoing calls and 8gb data. Bought iphone xs (64gb) for $800 and sold for $1270. Divide the profit by 24 mths. Monthly cost for the plan is less than $6.

So actually if you have the opportunity, should take a look at such plans. It is definitely cheaper than the current sim-only plans.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
Yes CIS roadshow offers better discount for sure. They have special offers just for that roadshow. I am still contemplating whether to invite them in for a roadshow for my company.
Old 30-03-2019, 08:06 AM   #5553
Supremacy Member

If your company has CIS and the telco went down to your company for roadshow, it worths for you to take a look.

I got quite a good offer today. Sign up for starhub $50 plan. Got additional free 800 mins talk time. With CIS, monthly cost is $40. Purchase Mate 20 X at $79 and sold it off at $840. Divide the profit by 24 mths, monthly I am like paying less than $9 for 900 mins outgoing calls, 15gb data with unlimited weekends.

Got another deal for M1 CIS roadshow too. Lite+ plan with CIS is $25.50 monthly. They give 400 mins outgoing calls and 8gb data. Bought iphone xs (64gb) for $800 and sold for $1270. Divide the profit by 24 mths. Monthly cost for the plan is less than $6.

So actually if you have the opportunity, should take a look at such plans. It is definitely cheaper than the current sim-only plans.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
U r still bounded by 2 years contract. I rather have the flexibility to switch telco anytime. Never know what’s other interesting plan telcos will come out with, esp when they are competing now.
Old 30-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #5554

U r still bounded by 2 years contract. I rather have the flexibility to switch telco anytime. Never know what’s other interesting plan telcos will come out with, esp when they are competing now.
Well, it's another option for all to consider. It's up to individual preference. But frankly speaking, even though the telcos are competing now. They are still maintaining the pricing at around $18 to $20. They just keep offering more data to attract people. Some people might not even need so much data. What I mentioned here is less than $10. If it fits your usage, why not? Having tied for 2 years for a plan less than $10 monthly is pretty good. I doubt those non-contract plans can go down to such pricing anytime soon.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
Old 30-03-2019, 10:39 AM   #5555
Great Supremacy Member

Well, it's another option for all to consider. It's up to individual preference. But frankly speaking, even though the telcos are competing now. They are still maintaining the pricing at around $18 to $20. They just keep offering more data to attract people. Some people might not even need so much data. What I mentioned here is less than $10. If it fits your usage, why not? Having tied for 2 years for a plan less than $10 monthly is pretty good. I doubt those non-contract plans can go down to such pricing anytime soon.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
How to check where is m1 cis roadshows?
Old 30-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #5556
Arch-Supremacy Member

Received SH sim only delivered to me on Thursday evening, until now my number is not ported over yet. Faint...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Old 30-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #5557

Is there a way to find out whether a company is eligible for CIS benefits without being an employee of that company?
Old 30-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #5558

How to check where is m1 cis roadshows?
You have to check with your HR. Mine was arranged by my HR to come down to company for the roadshow.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
Old 30-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #5559

ah. I also got check with HR....they dun know though
Old 30-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #5560
Supremacy Member

Received SH sim only delivered to me on Thursday evening, until now my number is not ported over yet. Faint...

Looks like there may be possible on high porting process done these days with all those promotion on porting going on.

From what i know the porting process is only on weekdays and so you may have to wait till coming Monday.

Do take note that there would be SMS send to inform you when the process would take place and again when completed, if any.
Old 30-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #5561
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks like there may be possible on high porting process done these days with all those promotion on porting going on.

From what i know the porting process is only on weekdays and so you may have to wait till coming Monday.

Do take note that there would be SMS send to inform you when the process would take place and again when completed, if any.
But the temporary number works lor, just don't feel right like this...

Old 30-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #5562

When you sign up for the porting from New Telco and gets the Sim card, until the day the porting completes, you're essentially paying 2 bills concurrently at the same time, so feel free to use the new line as the new billing starts from your sign up day not from porting day.

Old 30-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #5563
Arch-Supremacy Member

When you sign up for the porting from New Telco and gets the Sim card, until the day the porting completes, you're essentially paying 2 bills concurrently at the same time, so feel free to use the new line as the new billing starts from your sign up day not from porting day.
Then it's quite sh!tty that SH is so slow to port over my number making me pay these extras...

Old 30-03-2019, 02:09 PM   #5564
Supremacy Member

Once i ported on Saturday the Starhub staff told me the porting process will be done on Monday.
While on other weekdays and depend on the timing on signing the porting form it can be effective process on that evening 2300 hours.

While you are holding on the M1 do aware on the pro-rated calculation on the point of termination and billing cycle period.
Note that M1 would refund any excess after their final bill send to you via online.
Old 30-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #5565

U might need to restart ur app so that it will reflect the new number.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.