HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2019, 09:35 AM   #6046

Other than M1 mysim, is there any other sim only plan that provide sharing service with another sim card? Useful to share the data to secondary phone or tablet.

M1 called it mysim (s) with subscription of 12$ per month per sim.
I sign up supplementary card at 50% discount if u r Safra member.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 20 using GAGT
Old 20-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #6047
High Supremacy Member

Right, speedtest doesn't really reflect the actual usage. Even simple browsing can feel the different between 3 telco. Some telco required to refresh the webpage occasionally to load the webpage.
Find the best still st followed by m1 and sh. But st is the most exp before they have gomo, hence i choose m1.

How is your exp with 3 telco so far?
haven't really tested SH b4... been with ST for longest time... then now with circles.life (effectively M1) and TPG...

i find that surfing speed wise TPG > ST > circles.life... but coverage wise ST > circles.life >> TPG...

and i think the reason why TPG feels the fastest (as long as got coverage) is because they only have 4G... hence they are *always* on 4G... but suffer from many places no coverage...

ST on other hand has the best coverage... but u might be getting UMTS or HSDPA/HSPA speeds instead of LTE...

circles.life sometimes there seems to have coverage (signal bar is full) but cannot surf anything... the browser will just be stuck there for long time...

regards,
wacky
Old 20-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #6048
Arch-Supremacy Member

you just need to scroll up a few posts above to find the answer..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
I spoke to their CSO via live chat last night, they told me that Gomo don't have any roaming support at all currently. If there is no roaming support, you won't be able to receive any sms at all while overseas.

Last edited by xonix; 20-05-2019 at 12:12 PM..
Old 20-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #6049
Arch-Supremacy Member

The maistream ST, SH and M1 would have. There are both supplementary and multisim plans. The $12 is for supplementary (with a number/line on its own. There is a cheaper multisim plan (using same number).
Multisim for st is only for combo plan, which give very little data. Starhub really have? I didn't see it. Let me try to find again.
Old 20-05-2019, 12:21 PM   #6050
Arch-Supremacy Member

I sign up supplementary card at 50% discount if u r Safra member.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 20 using GAGT
I also have 50% disc at the moment, but the cso mention the promotion will be over this year.
Old 20-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #6051
Arch-Supremacy Member

haven't really tested SH b4... been with ST for longest time... then now with circles.life (effectively M1) and TPG...

i find that surfing speed wise TPG > ST > circles.life... but coverage wise ST > circles.life >> TPG...

and i think the reason why TPG feels the fastest (as long as got coverage) is because they only have 4G... hence they are *always* on 4G... but suffer from many places no coverage...

ST on other hand has the best coverage... but u might be getting UMTS or HSDPA/HSPA speeds instead of LTE...

circles.life sometimes there seems to have coverage (signal bar is full) but cannot surf anything... the browser will just be stuck there for long time...

regards,
wacky
I see. My tpg feel sluggish actually. Let me try again later.
Ya, m1 sometime need to refresh. Maybe next time will port my line to gomo.
Old 20-05-2019, 07:40 PM   #6052

how is this considered crappy and subpar?

Speedtest is not a good indicator of actual user experience and 170ish Mbps is not exactly very fast.
Old 20-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #6053
Master Member

I spoke to their CSO via live chat last night, they told me that Gomo don't have any roaming support at all currently. If there is no roaming support, you won't be able to receive any sms at all while overseas.
then you would have to decide if it's cso who gave you wrong info or the gomo website gave the public wrong info lor..

Old 20-05-2019, 09:04 PM   #6054
Master Member

Speedtest is not a good indicator of actual user experience and 170ish Mbps is not exactly very fast.
in my post, never did I mention that 170ish is very fast. I said that 170Mbps isn't crappy or subpar in my context. in fact, when I was previously on ST, I could constantly achieve higher speed test results of more than 300Mbps in the building where I work.

I'm currently into my 2nd year with SH, prior to this was with ST for 4 years, and prior to ST was with M1 for.... idk.. 12years or maybe slightly more.. if you'd ask me, I would tell you on a generic usage basis, the difference is none, or negligible at best. I'm trying to be fair by excluding experience with M1 because back then 4G coverage and usage may not be as mature, and on the other hand I didn't really take notice since I was with them for so long.

so for me the deciding factors are usually things like the price to value ratio, product offerings, self-service options (apps), and customer service. underground tunnel coverage does not really affect me except for maybe a handful of times a year.

like what many here would agree, numbers like these on speed test means nothing, then based on what someone posted on, how did those users manage to conclude that giga/gomo/gila/gemok are providing subpar speeds compared to another? unless they are doing things like torrenting or the likes, I don't see how an average users can detect down/upstream speed differences that is big enough to impair their normal usage, unless of course they are also looking and comparing at raw numbers..

Old 20-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #6055
Master Member

hope the previous FAQ screenshot and this would be able to convince you.

Old 20-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #6056
Arch-Supremacy Member

m1 still have the ntuc promo? anything other than safra that will stack with cis discount?
Old 20-05-2019, 09:57 PM   #6057

in my post, never did I mention that 170ish is very fast. I said that 170Mbps isn't crappy or subpar in my context. in fact, when I was previously on ST, I could constantly achieve higher speed test results of more than 300Mbps in the building where I work.

I'm currently into my 2nd year with SH, prior to this was with ST for 4 years, and prior to ST was with M1 for.... idk.. 12years or maybe slightly more.. if you'd ask me, I would tell you on a generic usage basis, the difference is none, or negligible at best. I'm trying to be fair by excluding experience with M1 because back then 4G coverage and usage may not be as mature, and on the other hand I didn't really take notice since I was with them for so long.

so for me the deciding factors are usually things like the price to value ratio, product offerings, self-service options (apps), and customer service. underground tunnel coverage does not really affect me except for maybe a handful of times a year.

like what many here would agree, numbers like these on speed test means nothing, then based on what someone posted on, how did those users manage to conclude that giga/gomo/gila/gemok are providing subpar speeds compared to another? unless they are doing things like torrenting or the likes, I don't see how an average users can detect down/upstream speed differences that is big enough to impair their normal usage, unless of course they are also looking and comparing at raw numbers..

Ok bro chill.

I have to agree 170 is by no means subpar. Just pointing out speed test results means nothing to us, the average consumers.
Old 20-05-2019, 11:31 PM   #6058
Arch-Supremacy Member

hope the previous FAQ screenshot and this would be able to convince you.

[ img]https://i.imgur.com/7bOeoQh.jpg[/img]

That's good to know. Anyway I'm going to try out Giga first and see how it goes. At least I can fall back on Gomo if things Giga sucks.
Old 21-05-2019, 01:39 AM   #6059

Alamek.. Ppl talking about sim-only la. Not fiber speed. Giga which relay on SH network.. Is heavily throttled.. From user reviews. About giga.

https://en.ocworkbench.com/review-of-starhubs-giga-sim-only-plan/
Old 21-05-2019, 01:59 AM   #6060

Alamek.. Ppl talking about sim-only la. Not fiber speed. Giga which relay on SH network.. Is heavily throttled.. From user reviews. About giga.

https://en.ocworkbench.com/review-of-starhubs-giga-sim-only-plan/
Throttling issues have been fixed on Giga.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.