HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree647Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2019, 03:47 AM   #6391

doesnt make sense why the $53/m plan has lower phone subsidy than the $45/m plan
I think they gave more data and unlimited talktime now. Don't remember last time EM12+ has so much data.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
Shadowz1984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #6392
Supremacy Member

I think they gave more data and unlimited talktime now. Don't remember last time EM12+ has so much data.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
no joke em12+ is definitely a much better plan but the change has been for a while now.. they probably realised they were losing too much from the subsidy
Old 15-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #6393
Supremacy Member

PSA: For those who are holding to the old plan mySim3, now with $5 for extra $5, do take note that once you activated it, after 2 hours, do remember to unsubscribe the service before M1 generates the billing.

Because M1 will charge in advance for the coming next month bill and if you unsubscribe after the biling, the data will revert back to 15Gb and there is no recourse to get back the 5Gb even you have paid for it.

What a fark up service.
A Better Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 10:51 PM   #6394

does the new M1 sim only plan come with roaming or have to add on?
KiraYamatoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 08:00 AM   #6395

Pay as u roam comes with it. If u want data roaming then have to apply. Service activation & region fee applies, limited to 10Gb.
Synnexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #6396
Supremacy Member

No more free Auto Roam, it only comes with Pay Per Use Per Roam.
Old 16-06-2019, 01:04 PM   #6397

Want to change to sim only leh but still under contract till november for both lines. currently also using starhub for tv and fibre internet. will they disconnect if i dun pay the early termination charges?paying now 88 per line subscription starhub really fleece n users up tot the max.
Old 16-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #6398
Arch-Supremacy Member

What is the cheapest cheapest no contract mobile plan now? Thinking to help convert my mum's m1 prepaid card. She doesn't need data or even sms, just minimal calls will do

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #6399

Which SIM only plan

hi, need advice on this situation:

1. Facts: My son is about to go US study for 5 years in coming August, and only likely to come back to sg during school holidays, about once a year for about 2 weeks. Currently his is on Singtel combo 2 CIS (old) plan paying $29.90+$5 caller ID+GST per month, no contract.

2. He intend to get a US phone plan for his stay in US, but want to keep his Sg hp nos for 2FA, and friends contact. And use in sg when he is back to sg during school holiday.

Obviously stepping down sg hp plan is a must as he rarely use it in sg. The question is to which plan.

I did a brief research, I think stepping down to Singtel GOMO, paying $20+GST per month, but I am not sure if
a. can receive 2FS SMS oversea?
b. can port existing postpaid nos over to GOMO plan? I don't mind paying 1 time porting fee.

Also, is there other better plan fr other telco? How about porting existing prepaid nos to post paid paln?

Thanks in advance for all input.
Old 16-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #6400
Supremacy Member

1. Facts: My son is about to go US study for 5 years in coming August, and only likely to come back to sg during school holidays, about once a year for about 2 weeks. Currently his is on Singtel combo 2 CIS (old) plan paying $29.90+$5 caller ID+GST per month, no contract.

2. He intend to get a US phone plan for his stay in US, but want to keep his Sg hp nos for 2FA, and friends contact. And use in sg when he is back to sg during school holiday.

Obviously stepping down sg hp plan is a must as he rarely use it in sg. The question is to which plan.

I did a brief research, I think stepping down to Singtel GOMO, paying $20+GST per month, but I am not sure if
b. can port existing postpaid nos over to GOMO plan? I don't mind paying 1 time porting fee.

Also, is there other better plan fr other telco? How about porting existing prepaid nos to post paid paln?

Is he still on contract? If he does not have any existing contract, you can try to port to RedOne MVNO, the cheapest plan @ $8/mth with 2GB data or MyRepublic UNO18 @ $18/mth.
Old 16-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #6401

Get TPG trial
Firenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 08:33 PM   #6402

There is a free circles life flexi plan if you port over to them.
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #6403

Have to add-on.

galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 12:03 AM   #6404

Ask singtel whether you can suspend the line and pay $5 per month until you need to use them. Can't remember whether it's singtel or m1 that has this option.

mankind66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 01:47 AM   #6405

Don't suspend the plan, else he will not be able to receive 2FA.

If you have another Singtel mobile line that is a Combo plan, you can call Singtel to convert your son's line into a Mobileshare supplementary line. I think the price is $12.90 per month (no caller-ID) so it'll be cheaper than GOMO.

Alternatively, you can try Circles.Life $0 flexi-plan as someone mentioned. Receiving 2FA overseas works. However, need to check the fine print for any minimum usage to "keep alive" the line.
BabyTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.