HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree647Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #6631

Just curious if we have unused M1 sim card from previous terminated subscription, can we use that and get a waiver fee?

Can't lah..

Try asking nicely for a wavier?

I got 2 lines that can recontract soon and I'm not gonna pay $38 each man..

Edit: Wait, I just realised if I already have M1 sim card and I recontract them, I don't need pay another SIM card for $38 right?

Last edited by i.Singaporean; 08-07-2019 at 08:28 PM..
i.Singaporean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #6632

Can't lah..

Try asking nicely for a wavier?

I got 2 lines that can recontract soon and I'm not gonna pay $38 each man..

Edit: Wait, I just realised if I already have M1 sim card and I recontract them, I don't need pay another SIM card for $38 right?
Yes. Only if u request to have a new sim in case u are using normal sim card size which no longer fits into modern phones.
titiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:31 AM   #6633

Or switch to esim also got to pay. For size can take the risk and cut it to the correct size.

Yes. Only if u request to have a new sim in case u are using normal sim card size which no longer fits into modern phones.
boliao45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:36 AM   #6634

Or switch to esim also got to pay. For size can take the risk and cut it to the correct size.
Anyone got try ask for wavier to switch to eSIM and approved?
Old 12-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #6635

Back when esim just launch, the cso don't really have a clue whether waiver can be given, i did try my luck with a number of calls until i got one who says can waive off.

Also back when one plan just launch, i remember reading free sim inclusive of esim when signing up online. But that promote seems to have ended.

Now, i think you have to try your luck with the old method.

Technically, this should save M1 operational costs in long run and even other telcos in the region all giving esim conversion for free, can't understand the reason for the charge unless maybe it's the costs of esim exclusivity in sg(for the first year)being transfer down to end users...

Anyone got try ask for wavier to switch to eSIM and approved?
boliao45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:54 AM   #6636
Master Member

Back when esim just launch, the cso don't really have a clue whether waiver can be given, i did try my luck with a number of calls until i got one who says can waive off.

Also back when one plan just launch, i remember reading free sim inclusive of esim when signing up online. But that promote seems to have ended.

Technically, this should save M1 operational costs in long run and even other telcos in the region all giving esim conversion for free, can't understand the reason for the charge unless maybe it's the costs of esim exclusivity in sg(for the first year)being transfer down to end users...
Same as why caller-id need to pay. While prepaid all free.

They just wanna squeeze every cent available.
cruizer_ph likes this.
zzxxzzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #6637
Master Member

What I know is, for M1 Citibank users, can get waivers for most stuff:

Like DataPassport activation, $2.
Lost or replacement SIM.
Mostly New SIM.

If go to cyber fairs and apply card and SIM, think straightaway waiver upon first bill.
Cos everything is charged to the card.
zzxxzzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #6638

Telco needs to recoup the cost to implement eSIM.
o2atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #6639
Arch-Supremacy Member

.... can't understand the reason for the charge ...
It is all about their earnings.
Old 14-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #6640
Supremacy Member

Pretty sure M1 prioritizes own people more on their network..

Got a few times Circle users dc or got connection issues but M1 users okay
Normally this is the network priority, it's just whether the prioritization is apparent or not.
- MNO Postpaid (new plans)
- MNO Postpaid (old plans)
- MNO Prepaid
- MVNO Postpaid
- MVNO Prepaid

So not surprising when there's network congestion, M1 customer gets priority.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 12:00 AM   #6641

Gotten a free replacement sim from M1 about 2 weeks back due to new phone but still having old sim card. Was told that if we report lost sim within 1 year the next one will be charged.
laeticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #6642
Arch-Supremacy Member

Gotten a free replacement sim from M1 about 2 weeks back due to new phone but still having old sim card. Was told that if we report lost sim within 1 year the next one will be charged.
Hellooo laeticia... so both u and ur mum just got new phones huh?

Last edited by 8-lane; 17-07-2019 at 01:29 AM..
8-lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 01:05 PM   #6643

Alright thanks

Will sign up online when my 2 year plan finish and just use my old nano sim

Then call in every week until they waive my eSIM
Old 15-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #6644

Any SH users received this sms? Can't find any details about this plan. My sim only contract finally expiring today so I can get a new one with free caller id

<Notification> StarHub: Upgrade to our new #hellochange SIM Only plan and get EXTRA 50GB with worry-free data FREE for 1 year! What's more, you'll also save $15.35/month with FREE Caller Number Display and International Roaming Subscription. Exclusively for this mobile line! No contract. No hidden fees. Sign up at any StarHub Shop before 19July. T&Cs apply.
laeticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 07:38 AM   #6645

Any SH users received this sms? Can't find any details about this plan. My sim only contract finally expiring today so I can get a new one with free caller id

<Notification> StarHub: Upgrade to our new #hellochange SIM Only plan and get EXTRA 50GB with worry-free data FREE for 1 year! What's more, you'll also save $15.35/month with FREE Caller Number Display and International Roaming Subscription. Exclusively for this mobile line! No contract. No hidden fees. Sign up at any StarHub Shop before 19July. T&Cs apply.
Heard from my friend got the same thing and he took up.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
radon is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.