HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree714Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #6766

M1 plan still attractive as compared to Singtel recontract ? Also, heard M1 network not as good in Tuas area. Any advise ?

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT
Tuas is a vast area, depend on which part, what I can confirm the bad signal area is around Ave 18, 18A, been here past 7 years, to make phone call, you have to walk out to main road.

Before I was here, according to my colleague, M1 did send down their engineer to investigate but more than 10 years nothing is done by M1.

Just meet one M1 corporate sales who happen come down with My IP supplier last Monday, she personal experience the bad signal, she mentions will feedback to their technical site but till now no call from their engineer.
townman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #6767
Master Member

Tuas is a vast area, depend on which part, what I can confirm the bad signal area is around Ave 18, 18A, been here past 7 years, to make phone call, you have to walk out to main road.

Before I was here, according to my colleague, M1 did send down their engineer to investigate but more than 10 years nothing is done by M1.

Just meet one M1 corporate sales who happen come down with My IP supplier last Monday, she personal experience the bad signal, she mentions will feedback to their technical site but till now no call from their engineer.
My work place is at Tuas Crescent. Heard from my colleagues that M1 has bad network.

C32B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #6768
Featured Sponsor

GOMO Gift: FREE entry and drink at Avenue @ MBS for GOMO customers on Wed & Thu in August!

Knock down pins, sing your favourite songs, play video games, shoot some pool, and savour handcrafted cocktails as DJs spin sets at Avenue, Marina Bay Sands.

Simply flash your GOMO app and ID at the door to redeem FREE entry and a complimentary drink!

Entry before 9pm, minumum age of 23 for gentlemen and 21 for ladies. Offer is valid for all GOMO customers, including anyone signing up now, offer valid through the month of August 2019! T&Cs apply.

For more about Avenue, visit its webpage.

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:18 PM   #6769

Is it still better to get SIM only if can sign up for CIS?
Depends on your usage. Currently it is possible to get around $15 or lesser for starhub 15gb CIS plan after you sell of the phone. Previously you can also get around $15 for M1 35gb CIS plan after selling the phone. So go check around the pricing yourself first before deciding.

SIM only plans with data more than 10gb ranges from $18 to $25 nowadays. So they are not exactly cheap also.

Sent from 大帅哥 using GAGT
Shadowz1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:18 PM   #6770

[B]GOMO Gift: FREE entry and drink at Avenue @ MBS for GOMO customers on Wed & Thu in August
Wahhh... singtel got acct here?
intime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:20 PM   #6771

Hi all,

GOMO vs Singtel, is there any difference at all? Since both are by Singtel, why would people opt for singtel Sim only when GOMO offers higher data at the same rate??

How is GOMO's stability?
ilovetoeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:12 PM   #6772

Hi all,

GOMO vs Singtel, is there any difference at all? Since both are by Singtel, why would people opt for singtel Sim only when GOMO offers higher data at the same rate??

How is GOMO's stability?
GOMO is pure digital (meaning no retail or call centres) vs Singtel (with retail and call centres). Singtel Mobile has more VAS and extras like volte, better roaming support, etc. There could also be traffic priorisation which favours Singtel customers more.

In short, MVNOs tend to be no frills and just providing the key basics, while MNOs tend to me more "premium".
giraffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #6773

My work place is at Tuas Crescent. Heard from my colleagues that M1 has bad network.

The end of Tuas Crescent (not the MRT Station) is near my workplace, so too bad the whole area could be M1 blindspot, nothing much we can do except using SingTel or Starhub (slightly better coverage than M1). Even my TPG got full signal at my area, sometimes the download is better than my SingTel.
townman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:26 PM   #6774
Master Member

The end of Tuas Crescent (not the MRT Station) is near my workplace, so too bad the whole area could be M1 blindspot, nothing much we can do except using SingTel or Starhub (slightly better coverage than M1). Even my TPG got full signal at my area, sometimes the download is better than my SingTel.
I agree TPG got full signal. My phone has both Singtel and TPG, full bar signal anytime. Given M1 started to charge for free weekend and caller ID, think I wait for Singtel to offer me re-contract offer.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #6775

I agree TPG got full signal. My phone has both Singtel and TPG, full bar signal anytime. Given M1 started to charge for free weekend and caller ID, think I wait for Singtel to offer me re-contract offer.

Are there even any good contract offerings? I see like every week got a new $20ish no contract phone plan come out each trying to one up each other.
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:58 AM   #6776
Master Member

Are there even any good contract offerings? I see like every week got a new $20ish no contract phone plan come out each trying to one up each other.
Phone, I buy others. Those telco phones are not attractive. Am looking for SIM only plans.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #6777

Is circles sim only plan $18 for 20gb the best deal right now for Comparison data cross others?
Extremme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:54 AM   #6778

Anybody got circle life referral code to share?
queerquirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:37 PM   #6779

Anybody got circle life referral code to share?
Hey, I'm loving my Circles.Life's mobile plan and I thought you would enjoy being on Circles.Life too. Use my referral code GUU8M during your signup and get $38 off your registration fee and also UNLIMITED Data free for 3 months! Find out more: https://shop.circles.life?reset=true
chaostay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #6780
High Supremacy Member

Is circles sim only plan $18 for 20gb the best deal right now for Comparison data cross others?
everyone's best deal is different...

to me the best deal is $8 redone plan...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.