HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree647Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #7291

Vivobee is prepaid card? So no port over?

Pay $5 use for 1mth... can auto renew using apps? Didn’t pay on 2nd mth, phone number cut-off, need to get another SIM card?

Only got Android apps, no iOS?
Got free caller-ID?

From fb post:
1. Credit card top-up not available since Thursday
2. Maintenance perform after mid-night can have intermittent service disruption.....

If got overseas friends coming, I think can get for them if shop nearby lor.... cheapest prepaid card?
JustDoLor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #7292
Supremacy Member

$1 for 12 months.
Only for FT and FW
where does it state so? Searched the terms and conditions

If the subscribed service is Bee Unlimited Membership, the Minimum Period is TWELVE (12) months and no refund is given back to user for early termination; If there is no Top up or Add-On purchase within every 30 days, the membership plan will be suspended for 90 days before termination. During the suspension period, an activation fee may be imposed to re-activate the service.

Eligibility to sign up for SIM Membership Services: To sign up for SIM Membership Services, you need to ensure the following: -

2.1 SIM Membership sign up is currently available for Singapore NRIC, 11B, S Pass, Work Permit (WP), Employment Pass (EP) and Dependant's Pass holders living in Singapore. Registration for Singaporean and Permanent Residents (PR) will be available at a later date.

2.2 You must be 18 years old and above to sign up for SIM Membership.

2.3 You must not have more than 3 SIM Memberships at the same time when applying for SIM Membership Service.

2.4 If you apply more than 1 SIM Membership Service, your existing service must not be in Suspension mode.

2.5 At any point of time, you are ONLY eligible to have ONE (1) Bee Unlimited Membership. If you are an existing customer with more than ONE (1) Bee Unlimited Membership, you will only be able to maintain ONE (1) Bee Unlimited Membership.
Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #7293
Supremacy Member

SIM Membership sign up is currently available for Singapore NRIC, 11B, S Pass, Work Permit (WP), Employment Pass (EP) and Dependant's Pass holders living in Singapore. Registration for Singaporean and Permanent Residents (PR) will be available at a later date.

Actually this part, I am confused. It says currently available for NRIC, but registration available at a later date.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #7294

$1 plan only for FW

$5 plan for all ppl.

If you want to know more about the above plans, please check out on their webpage and or their shop

SIM Membership sign up is currently available for Singapore NRIC, 11B, S Pass, Work Permit (WP), Employment Pass (EP) and Dependant's Pass holders living in Singapore. Registration for Singaporean and Permanent Residents (PR) will be available at a later date.

Actually this part, I am confused. It says currently available for NRIC, but registration available at a later date.
Yihaoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #7295

$1 plan only for FW

$5 plan for all ppl.

If you want to know more about the above plans, please check out on their webpage and or their shop
Wonder how they earn when they charge $1 for 12 months
squarepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #7296

Post 7295 indicates $1 is for 12-mth membership. Need to add $$ by topping-up or buy add-on every 30-days, otherwise membership will be suspended lah...

Wonder how they earn when they charge $1 for 12 months
JustDoLor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #7297
Supremacy Member

Using volte, your calls connect faster, voice will be clearer (digital calls). Just like whatsapp call voice quality.

If no volte, can tru VoWIFI too. Voice over wifi
I was previously with ST and now with CL. From my experience, the call quality was not much difference. I don't know maybe I wasn't attentive enuff to spot the difference. For me, as long as I can made out what the other party was talking and vice versa, it's good enuff...
I must admit that when I first switched to CL and saw that no more VoLTE logo, I felt a bit sad... Like a downgrade on my network. But after a while, felt that it's actually OK without the VoLTE...
cantona81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:38 PM   #7298
Supremacy Member

$1 plan only for FW

$5 plan for all ppl.

Their terms like a lot of them hidden if you don't look carefully. And not clear.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:10 PM   #7299
Arch-Supremacy Member

I worst. Stuck with Singtel combo 3 paying close to $62.90 not including caller ID for pathetic 3gb. Singtel should have good sense to up the plan and stop giving us useless TV plan. All waiting to jump boat.
Some of us may have entered into a contract with an expensive plan in the past.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #7300

Using volte, your calls connect faster, voice will be clearer (digital calls). Just like whatsapp call voice quality.

If no volte, can tru VoWIFI too. Voice over wifi
Volte calls are way clearer than whatsapp voice calls. VoWifi and WhatsApp call quality are comparable.
Sadist4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:37 PM   #7301

For VoLTE, besides better voice call quality (which may however not be too noticeable), it can do full 4G speed data transmission during the voice calls. Without VoLTE, 4G will go down to 3G during a call. Thus data transmission will be slow. Imagine when you are on a call (using a hands-free, wired or BT), you can with VoLTE still work on emails at normal full speed, download or send large attachments, hop over various websites, work on the files at your cloud drives, etc, etc. This is extremely useful for those who need to frequently attend long conference calls when they are on the road....
eip1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #7302

Yes got free caller id for 12 months.
Nope haven't received the biy.ly/sim-only-offer sms..but anyhow submitted a recontract request from that URL a few days back... not sure if it was a factor.
i followed you also, anyhow submitted to recontract to sim only plan using the url link. my current combo 1 contract until end of this month. last month, singtel gave me $200 phone voucher if i recontract to a higher combo 2.

friday nite i submitted, saturday afternoon singtel emailed me the new contract. the 12-month will start immediately after my current combo 1 ends.

monthly $20
data 20GB
free monthly minutes 150
additional local calls minutes 500
additional voice/data/fax minutes 400
free 500 sms
free caller id
free trial entertainment plus (AXN, Lifetime, DIVA, Warner TV, HITS TV, KIX, Animax)
townman likes this.

Last edited by hfngshnll; 08-09-2019 at 12:45 PM..
hfngshnll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #7303
Great Supremacy Member

gomo giga can't roam calls n sms?
waiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #7304

m1 now no more free caller id, thimnking of porting over to singtel since got free caller id.

is singtel 20GB plan at $20 currently the best deal?
thenextseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:43 PM   #7305
Arch-Supremacy Member

gomo giga can't roam calls n sms?
https://giga.com.sg/FAQs_Details.asp...aqCategoryId=4
xonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.