HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree724Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 12:02 AM   #8206

Let's just think logically.

If that information is not critical, telcos wouldn't specify it.

If it is just a rounding thingy, then there won't be much impact. Not necessary to mention in the FAQ.

You agree?
sph now owns m1. you must be working for sph or one of the telcos
ftpofmpo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:05 AM   #8207

but that is ridiculous and can easily be disproven...

if redone or zero1 is using 1MB blocks... so u only get 3GB free (for redone) or 1GB free (for zero1) ... means u just need to send 3000 or 1000 messages to hit the limit... can easily hit that number in a couple of days especially if you got many whatsapp or telegram groups...

i am with redone and clearly that didn't happen... i didn't even use more than 40% of my 3GB data last month... my current data usage (from redone app) is 78.61MB only... and definitely from 1-7 nov i've gotten WAY over 78 messages...

hence don't believe everything you read online...

regards,
wacky
refer to their most updated postings, you are using an old chart, they're using less than 1mb
ftpofmpo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:47 AM   #8208
Master Member

Lol pls check the speed during sat and sun with weekend free data. If someone can confirm if SH artificially cap the speed to 5 mbps during weekend free data lol
just tried and it's not capped at 5mbps.. I turned on my hotspot and connected my iPhone to download iOS 3.2 beta and it was downloading via the Starhub phone's hotspot at about 100mbps..

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:50 AM   #8209
Master Member

Indoors usually get good speeds thanks to the small cell base station
https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...-4g-lte-speeds
but I was outdoor..

Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:11 AM   #8210

Too bad the MNOs increased the price of the base plan by $5...It wasn't too long ago that they offered free Caller ID with $20 SIM Only (albeit with a 1 year contract).
For quite some time, Starhub is keeping their base plan at $19.65 nett (after the $120 bill rebate) and all in including caller ID, extra 10GB data and free weekend data.

Most importantly, totally no contract needed to enjoy all these perks.

Their plans now are really like what they describe when they come out the recent $25 starting plan which it has no gimmick like the two telcos.
hereiam7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #8211

just tried and it's not capped at 5mbps.. I turned on my hotspot and connected my iPhone to download iOS 3.2 beta and it was downloading via the Starhub phone's hotspot at about 100mbps..

Nice. Indeed has no cap for free weekend data.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:25 AM   #8212

No contract means the telco can suka suka change the offerings of the plan right? Letís say starting when you port over they say give 30GB but four months later change to 20GB???
They never change actually. For Starhub, base plan is always staying the same. $25 for 5gb with caller ID and autoroaming bundled in permanently and 100 mins talktime when this plan first launches which if you compare to any other telcos plan, this is a reasonable price postpaid plan for Sim only.

Ongoing Starhub gives different promo to base plan by giving extra 10gb, free weekend data for one year, $120 bill rebate for 2 years with no contract (while any other telcos including red and orange, you are tied up with 1 year contract in order to get these). As you can see, all these ongoing extra perks all last for min 12 months or 24 months, and you are not tied up with anything. To me, none of the rest of telcos can fight in this case.

To users, u always get the base plan bundled. ongoing promo is a value-add. nothing you lose out here since you have no contract.

Not to mention, since it is no contract, anytime there is better deal, you can opt in anytime with no penalty. This is really the best of the best deal ever.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:34 AM   #8213

Heng I signed up for Starhub SIM only with caller id @ $20 without contract on 3 Nov.
$20 is indeed a good deal for anyone. 15gb is more than enough not to mention the free weekend data. not to mention the nett price paying is merely $19.65 including GST so it is actually below $20. Most importantly, no contract. Red and orange telcos totally cannot fight.

not sure if the current promo of 25gb for $25 and $35 for 75gb are only for 11.11 promo which lasts until 15 nov only. Personally I Guess it should be. The recent comex exclusive offer lasts only few days during it show period. for extra $5 or $15 with such amount of data, they are good deals for heavy users also. I am tempted. haha.

I think it is likely the $19.65 deal may come back again after this 11.11 promo if it is really a one off promo.

Can anyone recall what is the deal for Starhub Sim only last year deal?

I checked back the previous posts. It seemed like last time they give the $20 for 50gb free even?
Old 09-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #8214
High Supremacy Member

You anyhow wack for the sake of wacking is it?

It's $10/GB. The excess is under 1GB. So all will be charged $10 lah.

We are all talking about postpaid local charges lah. Please compare correctly.
you may be talking about postpaid local charges but the telcos charging is for both local AND overseas...

the point is you are using the case of "not logical" based on local charges to determine that the telcos 100KB/1MB block thing "does not make sense" for local charges THUS it must be referring to network data block...

so i am telling u what the telco meant in the TnCs APPLY TO ALL (both local AND roaming)... it also applies to INBOUND roamers... thus what u read from the website TnCs refers to data block charging and NOT network block size...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #8215

Anyone has any experienced with the last bill at previous telco after port-over? I was on SingTel before porting over to Starhub. My SingTel billing date is on 17th monthly and I was on e-billing. Now from SingTel app I could not see the number anymore. And I did make full payment to last month bill before the port over so by rite it should have excess payment.

Will SingTel email me the last bill or they will actually mail to me? How do I request for refund of the excess payment?
Old 09-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #8216
Master Member

For quite some time, Starhub is keeping their base plan at $19.65 nett (after the $120 bill rebate) and all in including caller ID, extra 10GB data and free weekend data.

Most importantly, totally no contract needed to enjoy all these perks.

Their plans now are really like what they describe when they come out the recent $25 starting plan which it has no gimmick like the two telcos.
What happens after the rebate ends? Back to $25 or $30?

Sent from REDMI NOTE 5 on Rocket Uno with TPG Booster using GAGT
PeasantBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #8217
Master Member

Indoors usually get good speeds thanks to the small cell base station
Paiseh. When I saw thish photo, at first I thought was funeral wake, got so many ppl wearing black stand one side and one white white thing infront.
daveteo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #8218

StarHub iOS app got issue. Sign up 11.11 deal $25 for 25GB the app only show total data as 5GB while on Android app it shown as 25GB. Lol
Fellowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #8219

Do you have one for iPhone 11 Pro? Just wanted to see if there's much difference compared to the one you posted yesterday:
terrixtur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #8220

StarHub iOS app got issue. Sign up 11.11 deal $25 for 25GB the app only show total data as 5GB while on Android app it shown as 25GB. Lol
starhub ios app can sign up plan one rite? i tot it just redirects you to starhub online page. from there, can sign up 11.11 deal $25 for 25gb with no problem.

Do you have one for iPhone 11 Pro? Just wanted to see if there's much difference compared to the one you posted yesterday:
wow, the speed is superb. where are you located? which phone are u using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

besides, when I was on singtel, i do not see the below options. only when i am on Starhub now, i see these options from my iphone.

my6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.