HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree759Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #8581

When do they start charging ? On the day of porting or registration ? Thanks.
GoodBetterBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #8582
High Supremacy Member

actually unlimited data for $27 is still worth it. lol
but technically it's not "unlimited" data... it's 40GB data at 4G speeds and unlimited throttled speeds after that...

regards,
wacky
wackykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #8583
High Supremacy Member

Thats weird, my bill shows an adjustment of -$10 and not -$21..
wait a couple days more and check again... maybe the $11 discount have yet to reflect in the bill... but if still show the same maybe u wan to check with the CSO liao to clarify...

regards,
wacky
Old 15-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #8584

weird leh, grid is not bad why no customer ah..
why you think no customers leh? haha new brand need time to build, same as any other business. marketing plays a part.

I think alot waiting for the app or usage tracking to be out as well.
laylaljingjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #8585

wait a couple days more and check again... maybe the $11 discount have yet to reflect in the bill... but if still show the same maybe u wan to check with the CSO liao to clarify...

regards,
wacky
I've actually done so, and confirmed that I'm receiving the 11.11 promo. Shall wait and see i guess..

Update: CSO told me apparently i didnt key in the promo code, even though another CSO previously confirmed that i did..

Last edited by AltoSaxophone; 15-11-2019 at 11:45 AM..
AltoSaxophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #8586

maybe, I was using grid for 2 weeks but as there was no way to monitor my data , I am scare of being charge for overuse so end up cancel..i get starhub top up 10 dollar get unlimited data..
barnabaskoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #8587

Thats weird, my bill shows an adjustment of -$10 and not -$21..
why you think no customers leh? haha new brand need time to build, same as any other business. marketing plays a part.

I think alot waiting for the app or usage tracking to be out as well.
they need to come out a killer promo such as $7 like circles life to attract all the "betrayers" from other telcos.

sim-only plan if price below $20 and again has many data will attract more customers.
my6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #8588

I've actually done so, and confirmed that I'm receiving the 11.11 promo. Shall wait and see i guess..

Update: CSO told me apparently i didnt key in the promo code, even though another CSO previously confirmed that i did..
Likely that never key in. becos all of us who keyed in has the $11 discount reflected.
hereiam7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #8589

maybe, I was using grid for 2 weeks but as there was no way to monitor my data , I am scare of being charge for overuse so end up cancel..i get starhub top up 10 dollar get unlimited data..
cannot track data usage? this is something totally not acceptable seriously.

yes, starhub is good....

$35 for worry free data usage is quite good. (although the unlimited weekend data is actually limited to 10gb per day and unlimited data is limited to 50gb per month - all after that the speed is throttled to 1Mbps) - however, to be fair, given the price, it is fair enough and attractive enough already.
Old 15-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #8590

anyone managed to receive OTP from bank on their newly ported CL line? i cannot receive my DBS OTP.
Old 15-11-2019, 03:04 PM   #8591

there is sms alerts if you hit 80%/100% of your 20 + 20gb ma..

and my smartphone itself got a data tracker plus u can also track via 3rd party app. .

is not THAT bad la, inconvience for now yes la, but given 40gb at this price and can offset bills with gridpoints

the cso mentioned that they are working on having the tracking of usages on gridportal soon.. looking fwd to that!
laylaljingjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #8592

there is sms alerts if you hit 80%/100% of your 20 + 20gb ma..

and my smartphone itself got a data tracker plus u can also track via 3rd party app. .

is not THAT bad la, inconvience for now yes la, but given 40gb at this price and can offset bills with gridpoints

the cso mentioned that they are working on having the tracking of usages on gridportal soon.. looking fwd to that!
very passive methods of tracking. i think users still feel more comfortable that they can know how much data they left/used so far.

besides, gentle reminder for those who wants to grab the starhub 11.11 deal. today is the last day of offer. $25 for 25GB and $35 for 75GB (unlimited).

Curious to know what they will offer after today. Maybe $120 bill rebate again?

Old 15-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #8593
High Supremacy Member

very passive methods of tracking. i think users still feel more comfortable that they can know how much data they left/used so far.

besides, gentle reminder for those who wants to grab the starhub 11.11 deal. today is the last day of offer. $25 for 25GB and $35 for 75GB (unlimited).

Curious to know what they will offer after today. Maybe $120 bill rebate again?

den u can still rely on your phone data tracking for a rough estimate lor... there shouldn't be too drastic difference between what your phone tracked vs what the telco tracked...

regards,
wacky
Old 15-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #8594

den u can still rely on your phone data tracking for a rough estimate lor... there shouldn't be too drastic difference between what your phone tracked vs what the telco tracked...

regards,
wacky
never use my iphone to track data usage before. get used to the telco tool like starhub or singtel.
Old 15-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #8595

From close to 6am use the circles life till now, my experience is that it is not so bad as what most mentioned. I find the coverage and speed ok so far. Of course I have not tried it at mrt underground or shopping mall baseman etc yet. So far so good.

However, I noticed one killing part, I can feel that my iPhone battery was greatly affected. Although I have not seen no coverage on the new Sim yet, it is very very noticeable that the battery drain is very very obvious. My battery drops like siao for no reason even within coverage. However, when I use it to surf web etc time I never feel any slowness at all. Not sure if you guys have the same problem?
I think itís m1 lousy network problem causing the battery drain back when I was with m1 and then ported over to gomo also noticed my battery life on iphone getting a lot better then realized m1 network has been such a battery drain for years
artered is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.