HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #8641
High Supremacy Member

ugly can go for cosmetic surgery.. but stupidity really is have no cure..
LOL... Many of them in the forum.. Hope they are really acting stupid.
Old 16-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #8642

That's why I said it's an invisible one

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T
Bro, itís not even an ďinvisibleĒ contract per se. The plan is no contract. $25/month for 5GB. Just that as part of the promo, Starhub is giving u free 20GB per month for 12 months. Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong. Hope this clarifies
cruizer_ph and Sumimasen like this.
Old 16-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #8643

Can explain how one can be formally bind by an invisible contract?

Will Starhub hit you with invisible penalties when one breaks the invisible contract?

That's why I said it's an invisible one

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T
Old 16-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #8644

Bro, itís not even an ďinvisibleĒ contract per se. The plan is no contract. $25/month for 5GB. Just that as part of the promo, Starhub is giving u free 20GB per month for 12 months. Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong. Hope this clarifies
I think you are right.

Some telco give you 20-25GB without limitation, some like Starhub limit to 12 months and after that drops to 5GB.

To me, no issue. If donít like, donít sign up. Life is simple and I donít understand why people kpkb. Maciam die die must have same plans from all telco.
Old 16-11-2019, 11:43 AM   #8645

It's really no contract. I signed up for this and in the Starhub app, no contract start or end date, and recontract status is available.

They are just limiting all these promo items up to 12 months at that rate. They also never state 12 months contract in my service agreement. So really great deal IMHO.

Was so happy to divorce M1 and have a no strings attached affair with Starhub 🤣😜😀

Last edited by Aikon; 16-11-2019 at 11:48 AM..
Old 16-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #8646
Arch-Supremacy Member

when in doubt, call the vendor and ask. why come here to make enemies? haha....
cruizer_ph likes this.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:00 PM   #8647

It's really no contract. I signed up for this and in the Starhub app, no contract start or end date, and recontract status is available.

They are just limiting all these promo items up to 12 months at that rate. They also never state 12 months contract in my service agreement. So really great deal IMHO.

Was so happy to divorce M1 and have a no strings attached affair with Starhub 🤣😜😀
Bro how is the reception and 4G speed for Starhub compared to M1? Iím thinking to change to Starhub as well
Old 16-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #8648

I think you are right.

Some telco give you 20-25GB without limitation, some like Starhub limit to 12 months and after that drops to 5GB.

To me, no issue. If donít like, donít sign up. Life is simple and I donít understand why people kpkb. Maciam die die must have same plans from all telco.
Agree with u 😁
Old 16-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #8649

Bro how is the reception and 4G speed for Starhub compared to M1? Iím thinking to change to Starhub as well
For me Starhub is so much better. M1 always got issue with slow data speeds at my office was less than 1 Mbps even at my desk. Could not take it any more, broke contract with M1. I was a multi service subscriber with a number of lines with m1. Now all broken...

My home at the window m1 has 2 bars, starhub 4 bars.

So my experience has been good.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #8650

Initially, I also thought Circles Life had a contract due to the way they phrase the statetment. I almost missed the signing up at 11.11.

Then later, I also learnt about Shopback from this thread. I create the account and linked into CL to signup. I hope I get the $15 too.

Luckily, the people are very helpful here. Just want to say thank you to you all.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #8651

For me Starhub is so much better. M1 always got issue with slow data speeds at my office was less than 1 Mbps even at my desk. Could not take it any more, broke contract with M1. I was a multi service subscriber with a number of lines with m1. Now all broken...

My home at the window m1 has 2 bars, starhub 4 bars.

So my experience has been good.
The telco has problem with Office because they need the office to agree to install more base station. Last time, I had the problem too. I walk a few table and I have signal, but at my desk, very slow and sometimes drop.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #8652
Supremacy Member

Can someone explain what that charging block size mean? How it calculate?

Is it basic on charging block size per min? Per sec?

https://en.ocworkbench.com/telco-cha...ed-1-aug-2019/
I think for example. if you send a one byte message using whats app on Vivifi, it will be deducted as 1mb.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #8653
Master Member

I think for example. if you send a one byte message using whats app on Vivifi, it will be deducted as 1mb.
Thatís absolutely not the case, otherwise youíll run out of data within a day or two with any smartphone by just texting, checking mail, checking weather, checking traffic status etc.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #8654

Certainly, Starhub Sim only is the most transparent and flexible with Ďtrueí no contract.

Deal is good for what they give too for the money paid for.
Old 16-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #8655

What is the minimum contractual period that I have to commit to Starhub sim only plan before I can port out again?
Zero. Technically u port in today you can port out the same day for Starhub Sim only. This is why I always feel Starhub Sim only is the best in this department.

For others like circles life, still enforce two months minimum period before can port out. if not need to pay for the two months subscription.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.