HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #8656

Initially, I also thought Circles Life had a contract due to the way they phrase the statetment. I almost missed the signing up at 11.11.

Then later, I also learnt about Shopback from this thread. I create the account and linked into CL to signup. I hope I get the $15 too.

Luckily, the people are very helpful here. Just want to say thank you to you all.
Are you sure you can stack the 11.11 $7 deal with the Shopback $15 cashback?

Inside your Circles Life app bill page, does it show adjustments $-21 (number transfer)?

Because when I used the Shopback link, it just entered its own promo code instead of the 11.11 promo code.

Old 16-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #8657
Supremacy Member

Thatís absolutely not the case, otherwise youíll run out of data within a day or two with any smartphone by just texting, checking mail, checking weather, checking traffic status etc.
then? Do explain how it works. So if we send lets say 3000 whatsapp messages, which is only one byte to 999kb per message, but because of block size of 1mb, it won't be counted as 3gb usage?
Old 16-11-2019, 01:07 PM   #8658

Bro how is the reception and 4G speed for Starhub compared to M1? Iím thinking to change to Starhub as well
I switched from SingTel -> Starhub -> Circles Life (M1) now.

I can confirm that both SingTel and Starhub have no issue with coverage and speed pretty much anywhere. One can also can a speed of above 50Mbps to 70Mbps and above anytime anywhere quite easily.

For Circles Life (M1), most of the time you will get only single digit of download speed, most of the time will be 5Mbps or below. Good enough for web surfing etc with no issues though to be fair. Coverage wise I find it acceptable too so far, later I will try it out at mrt underground and shopping mall basement. For its price of $7/mo, I have no comments seriously as of now. Only complaint will be my phone battery drain, it is totally noticeable and it is really quite bad. Less than an hour time, my battery life can drops from 90%++ to 70%++, this had not been happening before when I was on SingTel and Starhub. Very likely M1 has not enough base stations and also their base stations bandwidth are totally not enough to cope with the number of users. I will force myself to use only circles life without the use with TPG today to get a more real life one day experience on it since I have 38gb more to use until 30 nov anyway.

Starhub Sim only is still my number 1 if not becos of the CL irresistible deal though. Once my CL price reverts back to $28 after one year, I am sure to switch back to Starhub.

Last edited by hereiam7788; 16-11-2019 at 01:23 PM..
Old 16-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #8659

Inside your Circles Life app bill page, does it show adjustments $-21 (number transfer)?

Because when I used the Shopback link, it just entered its own promo code instead of the 11.11 promo code.

I think the ShopBack term and condition is clear, however sometimes due to system glitch etc, maybe surprise thing will come? who knows.

worst case is no cashback, no harm trying. another two to months later will know if there is really cashback (unexpected). haha.
Old 16-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #8660

Oh. I don't know about the promo code. I guess cannot then.
Old 16-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #8661

I switched from SingTel -> Starhub -> Circles Life (M1) now.

I can confirm that both SingTel and Starhub have no issue with coverage and speed pretty much anywhere. One can also can a speed of above 50Mbps to 70Mbps and above anytime anywhere quite easily.

For Circles Life (M1), most of the time you will get only single digit of download speed, most of the time will be 5Mbps or below. Good enough for web surfing etc with no issues though to be fair. Coverage wise I find it acceptable too so far, later I will try it out at mrt underground and shopping mall basement. For its price of $7/mo, I have no comments seriously as of now. Only complaint will be my phone battery drain, it is totally noticeable and it is really quite bad. Less than an hour time, my battery life can drops from 90%++ to 70%++, this had not been happening before when I was on SingTel and Starhub. Very likely M1 has not enough base stations and also their base stations bandwidth are totally not enough to cope with the number of users. I will force myself to use only circles life without the use with TPG today to get a more real life one day experience on it since I have 38gb more to use until 30 nov anyway.

Starhub Sim only is still my number 1 if not becos of the CL irresistible deal though. Once my CL price reverts back to $28 after one year, I am sure to switch back to Starhub.
I'm on M1 now, moving to CL. Would it be the same battery utilitsation or worse ?
Old 16-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #8662
Supremacy Member

How about TPG will drain battery?
Old 16-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #8663
Arch-Supremacy Member

Honestly i don't notice battery drain on m1 network. Maybe it depend on the apps you open.

Eventhough the telco never mention 12 month for your current package, they also can end it prematurely if they want. Like how circle discontinue the 0 $ plan. Nothing last forever.
Old 16-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #8664

I'm on M1 now, moving to CL. Would it be the same battery utilitsation or worse ?
Thatís my personal real experience. May not apply to all.
Old 16-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #8665

How about TPG will drain battery?
Dun think so, TPG i do not have the similar encounter.
Old 16-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #8666
Supremacy Member

Last time, during GSM era, Starhub on GSm 1800 would consume most battery. Now is M1?
Old 16-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #8667
Supremacy Member

I also never encounter battery drain for dual SIM tpg / redone. Or maybe my xm hp is new. Last time old hp also drain like siao.
Old 16-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #8668

I think it's all up to individual area of usage and purpose required. I drove and M1 is not an issue for me whether its in tunnel or anything. My workplace near vivo area also no issue. Office have WiFi so no problem. Not sure about green and red but orange has CIS plan for sim only, which offers free auto roaming and free caller ID (not 3 or 6 months) without contract.
Personally I stay with orange first unless green or red has better offer. Didn't check my Internet speed at outside tho but if keeps me connected and can surf Web / social media without issues I'm ok with it. I don't dl huge files while shopping / drinking outside.
25 bucks for 30gb, 1k minutes outgoing, 1k sms, free incoming and caller id and auto roaming, no problem with receiving sms/calls overseas etc is pretty much okay for me.
Will definitely try out other operators if they are fully functional and ready. Previously wanted to try grid mobile but being not able to track my usage is a big turnoff for me.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using GAGT
cruizer_ph likes this.
Old 16-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #8669

I think it's all up to individual area of usage and purpose required. I drove and M1 is not an issue for me whether its in tunnel or anything. My workplace near vivo area also no issue. Office have WiFi so no problem. Not sure about green and red but orange has CIS plan for sim only, which offers free auto roaming and free caller ID (not 3 or 6 months) without contract.
Personally I stay with orange first unless green or red has better offer. Didn't check my Internet speed at outside tho but if keeps me connected and can surf Web / social media without issues I'm ok with it. I don't dl huge files while shopping / drinking outside.
25 bucks for 30gb, 1k minutes outgoing, 1k sms, free incoming and caller id and auto roaming, no problem with receiving sms/calls overseas etc is pretty much okay for me.
Will definitely try out other operators if they are fully functional and ready. Previously wanted to try grid mobile but being not able to track my usage is a big turnoff for me.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using GAGT
On mrt now, no issues with the coverage inside the tunnels.

besides, just noticed that even making IDD calls, CL also will deduct free mins from talktime. how come ah? does not make sense.
Old 16-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #8670

Just managed to recontact to SingTel SIM only one year contract at $20 at 20gb 1000min 500sms with free caller ID using one of the bro's special links. Luckily that link is still active since Sep.

Sent from Google PIXEL 4 XL using GAGT
Can share?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.